Quick review (comparison) will be added to 2017 beta 250rr 17 husqvarna 250tc

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by fletchman45, Nov 12, 2016.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will say I have owned many bikes.....many all sorts of flavors and the beta just feels good. I firmly believe any a bit c rider could throw handguards on and go out and win on the thing! Does not feel like 236 pounds dry....what they need to do to keep up with the Jones is ditch or include delete kit for oil injection...saves 1 pound....have FMF redesign muffler..... saves one pound.....ditch the 140 rear tire saves one pound? Ditch extra euro wiring and come standard with a lithium ion battery saves 2-3 pounds roughly app six pounds which drops dry weight to app 229-230....moto version would probably be 218-220. As I was riding the bike simply amazed I was thinking what kind of damage I could do to my competition if this thing weighed 16-18 pounds less.....just thinking back to my 12 gas gas...all of its bad habits were solely due to weight....except for the factory stripped bolts lol
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I'm actually thinking the oil injection is an advantage. From what I've read it works great, is more efficient, cleaner burn, better performance and easy to deal with.
    It's easy to shave a few pounds with tire choices, Tubliss, battery, TC2. I feel a noticeable difference on my wr300 after doing same. I'm planning on replacing the wr300 with a 300rr in the near future. :cheers:
    water racer likes this.
  3. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    thanks for the pics ! both units are dead SEXY !
  4. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    We just got in a 300RR that is not yet spoken for here at Knox Enduro, in Knoxville, TN
  5. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I'm going to stop by next time I'm out that way :thumbsup:
    water racer likes this.
  6. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    Respect !
    fletchman45 likes this.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Update update......with the impressive beta being gone but making and impressive first run compared to the stock new 2017 husky tc 250....I've had the winter to get the husky ready and it is now ready! The following mods were done this winter and recently....added tusk fender mount tool pack. Husky no spill fuel vent. Husky parts low seat. Complete Te fuel tank . Te frame guards (throw the tc guards out....one ride frame scratched) p2 carbon fiber pipe guard...stock 32 inch bars cut to 29 7/8 inches ..enduro engineering hand guards and spoilers added.brake reservoir extender..now the important stuff...front and rear suspension revalved by halls for fast old grabby a rider who Iikes bikes to feel similar to a beta...wire under the seat disconnected to put bike in the mello mode...stealthy I believe 9 ounce flywheel weight added t smooth power out..(hope I spun nut tight enough) o ring chain added and stock gearing 14 to a 50 felt horrible in woods...had to use first...changed to a 13 front... Initial ride impression...between the suspension mods and drive train... Bike initially feels well improved over stock...this weekend I will be.out to the same 4.5 mile course for some timed runs....about same shape as last fall...and weight 165...will give results and impressions this weekend...212 pounds dry feels soooo nice! Lower seat does make a difference and 17 chassis seems to be app a half inch lower then my 15 tc with the low seat as well...prices seem pretty good... Complete a seat retails for 125.00$..if you pay retail... Complete fuel tank Te (holds exactly 2.7 gallons total) with gas cap and petcock installed retails for app 230.00 (again if you pay retail)... Results posted this weekend....thanks! Ha PS...love it or hate it I'm back! I'm over the KTM thing and love all huskys! Sweede....Italian... Or Austrian.... Chapter three feels good and the 17 looks stout! And the counterbalancer for sure helps! Air forks...yea baby..
    NCSteve and Huskynoobee like this.
  8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The verdict is in......well sort of....went out.today...struggled big time with rear brake pedal height... Had it set as low as.it could go and dragging brakes and annoying the crap out of me..had the lower pedal piece from my 15 ..put it on but sits at and angle as.the 17 is different...bike otherwise feels very good...there is no denying the light weight of these new generation huskys.....212 pounds...feels crazy light...air fork revalved feels very nice... Counterbalanced engine wow! Times not as good as I wished...13:50 and 13:48 and 13:45.....one run same as beta second run two secomds faster and third five seconds faster but I did tap a tree and lost app 10 seconds....tomorrow out again.... Took piece off that attaches to brake pedal cut bolt end shorter and cut piece shorter leaving just enough room to still tighten against one another pedal seems lower where it will work.. Beta clutch pulls significantly harder and vibration is much much more along with weight...will run again tomorrow.. And see results... With tc in the woods I feel flywheel weight and mapping in mellow mode and 13 tooth front sprocket mandatory... Can like my 15 almost leave in third and rail around...
    NCSteve likes this.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ha....beta 13:50.....adjusted modified lowered rear brake pedal more.....husqvarna wins...13:29.....13:35....factors....212 pounds vs 236....counterbalanced engine....easier clutch pull...and engine is a beast...
    LandofMotards likes this.
  10. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What mods had you done to the beta ?
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Beta was bone stock...bars cut to same as husky 29 7/8 I believe and ee hand guards. Motocross version of husky must be around 1000$ less. So you have that money in theory to invest. I will say for a stock motorcycle the beta is probably the best bike I've owned where I feel any level rider a b or c class can add hand guards and win! Vibration is considerably more on the beta and I have noticed as I get older my hands go to sleep easier. Beta clutch pull needs to be addressed if you don't use and auto clutch...the perfect bike for me probably would be a stripped beta xtrainer....no side stand lights or electric start with the RR suspension and a 200 cc engine. The husky is 24 pounds lighter but it is a moto bike without estart. I rode a stock Te 300 this weekend 2017 and felt the added weight. Thank God I'm faster on the husky.. But if you stripped all the crap off the beta ...who knows...husky looks like a professional mans bike....beta looks like a punk bike...cartoonish graphics gotta go...slight diet....a smallbore....a stripped model should be added..in mold graphics with a more serious look..but again nothing bad to say...I favor husky a tish as I've been riding them since 1988....Te 300 stock felt weak and boring...jetting reeds issue perhaps... Beta had more power and better power .....not as much as tc but I felt more then the magazines give credit. Beta needs rubber mount bars as well...lots of nifty features I must say!
  12. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

A modified motocross bike to a stock enduro is not much of a comparison. The fact that the husky couldn't best the time of the beta in stock form says a lot. Another thing to remember if you are not doing motos you can maintain race pace a lot longer on the beta, something people discount a lot but it is a big time feature to be able to push harder longer and all the way to the end.
    454x and NCSteve like this.
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

While unfair...of course in stock configuration with stiff suspension and gearing the husky can't hang...however with a tank 220$ retail suspension work 350$ front sprocket 15$ o ring chain 80$ flywheel weight 115$ etc...anyways the money you saved buying a state of the art moto bike....remember the beta has barely changes since its introduction....makes in my opinion a better bike. Of course it depends on rider etc...the beta is good...I say that...but the fact is the slightly altered husky...I myself am faster on... And I do point out if the beta was stripped of all the extra garbage it would probably weigh 220 only eight more pounds... Still a smaller tank then Te harder clutch pull and no counterbalancer....beta needs to update...race pace can not be maintained as long on the beta for a few key reasons one is weight...236 vs 212 that one is simple . 2 beta clutch pull ridiculous for a juice clutch...3 beta has no rubber mounts and vibrates badly when compared to the husky...as I point out is a great bike in stock form however this is cafe husky and the stop watch don't lie...for my riding style the lighter slightly more aggressive husky edges out the beta...will I ever own another beta....if I were a betting man...your darn right..
  14. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My belief is that if the same effort were put into the beta the result would be faster times as well. You can always buy mx bikes much cheaper because they lack a lot of stuff for the woods like lights (sucks to be caught in the mountains after dark), spark arrestor, o-ring chain for durability, the kick stand (very helpful for setting up race courses like I will this weekend, but I know not much use for you. The weight for me is a non factor since I weigh more than either bike full of gas, but the power will rob you of your strength if you race long periods.
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

With the flywheel weight and the map wire disconnected so it is mello mode bike engine is super strong but yet tractable doesn't stall and has the power to almost completely stop in third gear and take off....pretty impressive! Not dishing on the beta... If the estart kickstand huge muffler and lights and wiring were gone I'm sure it would probably be a coin toss....
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Verdict is in....after cutting part to get brake pedal down lower and switching to my old boots....husqvarna a clear winner and for sure without removing all enduro stuff and estart from beta the beta stands no chance against the woods made tc 250.....beta time 13:50.….....husqvarna time a smoking 12:52….....that's almost a minute in a 4.5 mile course.....even with flywheel weight and map wire disconnected and gearing changed 13 to a 50 the husqvarna engine pulls hard and likes to be ridden in third gear mostly....loving it!!
    NCSteve likes this.