Quick review (comparison) will be added to 2017 beta 250rr 17 husqvarna 250tc

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by fletchman45, Nov 12, 2016.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Beta downs.... cartoonist style graphics... weight dry 236 pounds...shift lever very long....clutch pull way to hard for a juice clutch...Husky downs...motor to abrubt needs tuning for off road...gearing needs chan ged for off road...a little wide ergos.....Beta ups....engine absolutely incredible..... Handling i can simply say wow this thing is good! .... suspension works well for off road....high quality stuff stock...full FMF exhaust and v force reeds...Husky ups....wow does this thing look great and professional.... vibration? What vibration! Lower seat height then old chassis.....brembo brakes.... weight...or lack of it 211.2 pounds....super light clutch pull
    This all being said I think anyone a-b-c rider could add handguards to the beta and go out and win a race!! The Husky could probably benefit from a flywheel weight although I never stalled the motor the power valve needs adjusted at minimum..abrubt lower throttle...a slight handful....I think one tooth smaller on the front....allowing more second and third gear usage....of course a revalve..it's a moto bike! Aer fork I think will be fine!!
    4.5 mile off-road course.....tight single-track with some flowing two track and slot of whoops....beta time. One run. 13:50....Husky runs...14:28...14:08....13:50. No surprises. Beta bars cut to 29 7/8 with ee handguards. Husky stock width 32? Stock handguards.... The beta does what it should but I feel but won't know till spring....the Husky when I set it up should be a solid 20-30 seconds faster! The beta needs a small diet....if I were to race to I would ditch the oil injection... headlight taillight horn estart stock muffler side stand reducing weight to a guesstimated 218 pounds....but as is and u can plate it the chassis can best be described as confidence inspiring..... trustworthy....the tranny is silky smooth! The engine lower middle and upper b power works awesome! Fit and finish is nice and of course it is Italian made! And comes with a six month warranty...little change for 17...so I saved a $1000 and grabbed a 16.....the oil injecton scares me so I'm still mixing at 100 to 1 in tank...beta USA tells me a few pump failures.... remember Dell orto? ..not sure if beta has a shut down or limp mode? Anyone know? Also to bad solid mount but adjustable triple clamps...
    LandofMotards likes this.
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sorry beta is a 16 not 17
  3. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Good review... I just picked up a 15' 350rr.....
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Sounds like you have the beat of both worlds! I'll be trying a fww to tone down my 14 tc250.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My. 15 tc with flywheel weight and 50 tooth rear was awesome! This one has a 50 stock but I think a 14 front instead of a 13 tooth....not sure if they altered internal transmission ratios....but I feel like it needs a 13 tooth front...the 15 tc I could practically leave in third gear! The 17 is a little mixed up at the moment with much more shifting....I think between adjusting the power valve and a 13 tooth front it will be awesome....not sure I need a flywheel weight...never stalled it at all yet...
  6. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    The Beta oil injection has a light that comes on if the oil is low or there is a failure. We have only seen one problem, and that was on a 2015 X-trainer, and they changed the system a little in 16. If it bothers you, carry a small bottle of oil.
    Sounds like you were comparing a air fork equipped Husky, a more fair test would be against a Beta Race Edition with the twin chamber forks and revalved shock. Beta is still going to be heavy, but they ride light and you can feel confident things won't be breaking.
    racemx904, dartyppyt and NCSteve like this.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

For certain a moto bike air fork stock of course is not a fair comparison to a specific off road fork...I was told there have been a few pump failures...I get the two red lights one for low oil and one for system failure but let's be real when your riding hard and dealing with rocks and roots and trees and sand whoops you that instrument cluster is the last thing on your mind....I've been mixing the fuel tank 100 to 1 and I'll probably spend the 120$ (in my mind a 8500$ bike should include what costs beta probably 20$ to produce) oil injection delete kit.... I've personally found open chamber forks better off road then closed chamber at least for me (good A rider) so that's mostly why I bought a rr over race edition... The oil injection is probably fine but I have never been to keen on Dell orto stuff.....(exception would be a Dell orto equipped early 70's Rupp black widow mini bike capable of 55 plus mph!)
  8. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Yeah, maybe if your main purpose is racing, take the OI off, one less thing to worry about. Stock Beta forks are pretty good, especially after adding stiffer springs for weight.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    So...you bought both?
    fletchman45 likes this.
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep....I bought both....a little nuts but after reading about a guy who's heart gave out and he expired at 52 (and I've had both open heart surgery and a stent a year later I figured life's short! I love the beta and will plate it but the reality is I've ridden the Husqvarna crown since 1987 (85 125 first Husky). And have some sick sense of loyalty....ok whatever tell me I'm riding a ktm....whatever it's chapter three and the legacy continues....and truth be told there every bit as good of bikes as the red ones....once dialed this tc will be awesome! I'm stoked...ha and they look so pretty next to one another!
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Can't take it with ya! Nice
    fletchman45 likes this.
  12. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    pics man ! we need pics !
  13. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Yeah! no pic=didn't happen
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

16. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ^BAM! 2 2 strokes are better than one 4 stroke.
    shawbagga and fletchman45 like this.
  17. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    :love: The new Betas make my putter flutter
  18. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have great respect for both these bikes..... truth be told I do wish beta offered a moto bike subtracting all the euro stuff and estart would not only make the bike lighter the price would go down as well! I'm not sure where it happened....ok I am....I'm weaker then I was even ten years ago and that is why the weight of a bike matters.... The new gassers are beautiful.....but I've learned to not let looks fool me....they are simply to heavy! Bummer
  19. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

. Not to mention sound a hec of a lot better as well!
  20. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My biggest gripe with the beta would be clutch pull.... heavy for a juice clutch but you don't have to fully pull it in for proper usage.