Protaper Handlebar Upgrade

Discussion in 'TR650' started by SnackAZ, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Rey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 VStrom Adv, 09 KLR650 and more
    I know this is an old thread... I resurrecting it just to see if anyone has found or tried rubber or urethane isolation using these handlebar mounts. I’m genuinely interested since installing fat bars on a friends F800GSA and riding it I noticed NO handlebar vibe. I asked her if the bars vibrated before changing to the 1 1/8th bars and she said they did not. I asked her to ride my Husky and she said she didn’t know how I dealt with the vibe. Now I’m on a quest! Anyone have any input?
  2. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    A twin cylinder engine will always be smoother than a single. That's probably the biggest contributing factor as to why your friends bike has less vibe.
  3. Rey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 VStrom Adv, 09 KLR650 and more
    I’m keenly aware of 2 cylinder smoothness.The F800 is smooth, but not that smooth. When I put my finger on the triple clamp, there was still a significant amount of buzz. The isolation mount killed ALL of the vibe. I’m not asking for vibe free, just a reduction over the rigid mount bars, especially when our top clamps are already drilled... Not too much to ask for, eh?