Potential windscreen option?

Discussion in '610/630' started by bushwa, May 4, 2016.

1. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    they finally enabled you.
    hello valerio
    who sells that price to the swm windshield?
  2. testarossa Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Piaggio Vespa PX 125
    Rotax_655 likes this.
  3. al jorgensen My first motorized vehicle had a Husky engine

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630, 610, WXE 610, TE 450, WXE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly Italian Stuff
    Is it mounted to the upper fork clamp bolts?
  4. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Yes
  5. al jorgensen My first motorized vehicle had a Husky engine

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630, 610, WXE 610, TE 450, WXE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly Italian Stuff
  6. MonoShocker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Gran Canyon
    Has anyone mounted on of the SWM windshields to a 610 or 630 yet?
  7. frontiercat Husqvarna
    AA Class

2nd mock up. My KTM 690 screen cracked.

“Trash can” windscreen. F038B5AF-3D6B-49E0-931E-19575789DAE2.jpeg A72579C8-EC41-429B-9F7C-4980988226D8.jpeg
    DYNOBOB and Rotax_655 like this.
  8. MonoShocker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Gran Canyon
    I have the SWM 650 Superdual windshield kit on the way for my TE630. When I get it installed I will post pics and info, assuming it fits, which from everything I can see it should. It will probably take a couple weeks to get to me, stay tuned.

[IMG]
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  9. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S

Do you have a part number and source? Thanks

10. stathis Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I've install the SWM 650 Superdual windshield kit and it fits, looks and works great! You will need to purchase the plastic headlight mask of the SWM 650 Superdual as well because the Husky's one wont fit under the windshield. The frame that holds the windshield comes with a socket to install a USB adapter (see photo bellow) and this is great too!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    MonoShocker and KayDubbya like this.
  11. MonoShocker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Gran Canyon

Hey Dynobob,
    I sent and email to:Steve / AF1 Racing <steve@af1racing.com>
    I found the windscreen kit part number in the SWM superdual parts manual on the last page, it is kit part number A000A00930 which is number 13 on the very last page of the parts manual link here:

https://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdImages/st3/sdl.pdf

All the parts separate are a lot more expensive so the kit is the way to go, I sent a few emails back and forth to Steve he was very helpful, and the price includes shipping to me in Kansas. It might be a bit pricey compared to some other options but since it was built to fit and work with the bike and has a nice sturdy frame I figured it was worth it. There is a link below you can order from, I don't think you need to email Steve first but it might not be a bad idea. They dont have it in stock it comes from a warehouse, not sure where that is located, I would guess California but maybe Italy? Will know when it shows up.

"The windscreen kit is priced at $163.99 and can be ordered from our online store at the link below:
    https://www.af1racing.com/store/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=100836

Thank you, please let me know if you have any questions."

Steve

AF1 Racing
    9900 North Interstate 35
    Austin, TX 78753

www.af1racing.com
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  12. MonoShocker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Gran Canyon

Thanks stathis, for the heads up on the headlight fairing, as it's called in the parts manual, on page 22

F000A01010 1 FRONT FAIRING

I am guessing that it will fit right into the mounting holes on the te630 headlight housing also?

I will email Steve at AF1racing and find out about getting one coming my way
  13. MonoShocker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Gran Canyon
    So the SWM front fairing part is $105 ouch, so I thought I'd check into the TE630 part and modify it to fit around the windshield brackets for the SWM windshield kit. It looked up the number on Halls Cycle website and got one on order from Jeff Kaylor, he has helped me when ever I need parts for my TE610E or TE630, cant recommend Jeff highly enough for fast service getting any parts I need!
    Here's a link to the parts catalogs for all Husky's and more at Halls

https://www.halls-cycles.com/we-sell-accessories-and--parts-catalog

Thank you for contacting us! I can supply 80c0h1265, but it will be a few weeks before I can ship. Price is $54.99 plus shipping. Would you like to order?
    Best Regards,
    Jeff Kaylor
    Hall’s Cycles
    3801 N. Dirksen Pkwy.
    Springfield, IL 62707
    217-789-0107
  14. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I attempted to order the SWM windscreen kit this summer for my annual 2 week trip. Eventually got it to find out I only had the screen and no mounting kit. Too late to adapt anything in time for my trip. Now I NEED to get that part of the kit. Any suggestions for Canadian parts since Australian didn’t work?
  15. MonoShocker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Gran Canyon
    I would email :Steve / AF1 Racing <steve@af1racing.com>
    The parts you need can be found on the parts manual link below, the entire kit may be cheaper than the parts. I would assume he could ship to Canada but I dont know for sure

I found the windscreen kit part number in the SWM superdual parts manual on the last page, it is kit part number A000A00930 which is number 13 on the very last page of the parts manual link here:

https://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdImages/st3/sdl.pdf
    mekanik likes this.
  16. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S

Thanks! I just ordered the mask and the windshield kit. A little pricey at $269 shipped but hopefully worth it for how I use this bike. Will report back w/ pics.

On our trip last month we had to do a 400 mile day on pavement/65-70mph to get my buddy home for a funeral - this would have been nice to have.

17. stathis Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Yes, the front fairing fits exactly into the mounting holes, the only difference is the upper part that is designed to fit between the metalic frame of the windscreen.

Also, a handy website that has a parts catalogue for the SWM is the following:
    http://www.powerhousemotorcycles.co.../2016/rs-650r/22-panel-fenders-seat#ficheZone
  18. MonoShocker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Gran Canyon
    I got the windshield kit from AF1 racing in Austin (see above), it fits perfectly after I trimmed the sides of the front "fairing" headlight cover. It works great, the airflow is smooth over my helmet (6'- 32 inch inseam) and it keeps the cold wind blast off my chest. I will experiment with tilting it forward with spacers to see if I can get the airflow above my helmet without buffeting at highway speeds. Sorry no pics, check out the posts above for some. I will get some up for reference once i play around with the "angle of attack", so to speak. And i do like the mount for a power port! Haven't installed one yet but I will.