post your last purchase for your 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by ckanderson, Sep 11, 2011.

1. loften630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Were these direct replacement or did you have to modify mounting brackets and fan mounts etc.?
    Colo moto likes this.
  2. maxyb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, classica 105
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB350, CD90z

Fan mount was different due to the radiator braces, I assume the stock one would fit.
    Typical chinese quality control and some things needed a bit more of a budge to get bolt holes to line up, but other than that, pretty much straight swap over (If i remember correctly!)
  3. loften630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thank you for the info. That's good to know.
  4. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    A welded/reinforced rear subframe from Bill's and Wolfman racks from Mike (Fast1). Now I can't seem to decide which Wolfman bags to buy. It's between the "I'm cool" black bags or the "don't hit me" yellow bags.
  5. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Let me help you decide on color. Here are both, from our just completed border to border to border trip.

[IMG]
  6. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow, that's a loaded duffel! I've been working on getting my gear load down to as light as possible.

For reference, my bike in the previous pic is the WRR with all black bags. We were on the trail/road for 31 days; Mexico to Canada and back to Tucson. We weighed everything, including us with gear, as soon as we hit my house and before unloading anything from the bags. I was wearing 11 pounds. Add all the various bags and the all up total was 65 pounds. The duffel was 25. Side bags were 11 and 12.
  8. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere

Of your 3 bikes I'm surprised you picked the WRR for that trip. Was it mostly because the other bike was a WRR as well? Jealous also of you getting away for a month long trip. Can't wait for retirement, I plan to live it up the same you are doing. Until then I must pick and choose the rides and manage time away accordingly.

_
  9. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    All three of us were on WRR's. Lots of unknowns on this trip so wanted minimum weight and stone reliability. Hard to beat the little WRR. The TE630 would have been fine too! Have a two week trip on the Terra on tap in a couple off weeks. Ride, ride, ride.....:)
  10. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

DITTO! ! ! Those are three great bikes, Ken. Not many bad ones out there. How did the bikes do? How many flats? What tires did you run? Thanks.
  11. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    All of us started on brand new Dunlop D606's. Strangely we all wore out the fronts, and I mean wore out, but not the rears! This is the opposite of what I normally see. We did run mostly pavement on the way home. No flats! We had a fuel pump fail but that is a known fault with the 2008 year model so while we had to wait a few days for a replacement it wasn't a real shock. At least we were in Riggins, ID, at Hells Canyon, and really enjoyed the break. Think Jet Boating and good food.
  12. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Glad to hear about the 606's . . . and no flats. That is strange about the fronts wearing out first. Were you standing up most of the ride?

Yes, a nice break on a long ride like that was probably welcome.

Two weeks on the Terra. . . where you going?
  13. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Janet, We were in the saddle most of the time. Also, one of the. 606 rears started to shed knobs and had to be replaced. Unusual! Pic if a front at the end of the trip attached. Two of us are doing Tony Hugel's Heart of the West starting 8 Sept. We should get lots of Fall Color. We will use Dunlop 908RR rears for this ride. I don't think there is another choice for a 2000 plus mile ride. I have a new Heidi on now but there will be too much sand for that tire.

Did you get your Terra sold?
  14. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oops, forgot the pic.
    image.jpg
  15. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow! Heart of the West. I remember DockingPilot's 'Forever West" report, a nice loop where you can take your time and savor each day.

Looking forward to your report.

I am selling my TE630 with the Rad cush hub, heated grips, etc. I don't have a Terra, but did have something similar in a BMWxcountry which I did most of the CDR with.
    Like I said, so many good bikes to ride. . .

16. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Listen to what I mean, not what I say. I remember your 630 and really covet that rear hub! I have to get one as my countershaft is wearing.

I rode Docking Pilot's version of HotW with my son a couple of years ago and it was great! The current version is a lot dirtier as the first go around had a lot of pavement. Hence the change to the 908. Hope a deserving rider gets your bike!
  17. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

It duffel looks worse than it was. Just a sleeping bag, thermarest and a foamy ( I like to be comfy!). On the back is a camel back for water and underneath is a 1 gallon rotopax and my tool bag with tubes on the far side. Also my first trip camping off the bike, so sorting out my gear. I tried moving some of the gear forward but being 6' 4" I sit farther back than I thought and kept hitting the bags.
  18. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Chilly White likes these for the front, from Zip Ty

http://www.enduro360.com/2014/08/19/products-tested/golden-tyre-gt216aa-front-review/

http://www.ziptyracing.com/golden-tyre-216aa-fat-tire/

19. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have one in the garage now, for my TE310R and will buy another or two for the 630. I don't think it will hold up on pavement though or for 3000 miles. Ty Davis is trying to get them to make a more dual sport version for us. Hope he is successful. It is just what we need. My Terra doesn't like sand a lot, at least with me on board. A fat front would be SO nice!
  20. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kirbybikes, another issue with a big duffel, especially if you are tall, is space for a loaded hydration pack. It is worse on the little Yamaha, but better on the longer 630. If I keep the duffel small the pack kind of sits on top and is pretty comfortable. I have gone to very compact camping gear and have a closet full of progressively smaller tents, sleeping matts and sleeping bags. I should have gone this way to start with and would have saved a boatload of dollars.