1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Poll - Torque limiter failures on 449/511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, May 13, 2014.

?

Had a Torque limiter failure on my 449 / 511

yes (please post miles and type of riding) 5 vote(s) 10.4%
No 43 vote(s) 89.6%
  1. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Guys I'm almost ready to jump on the sell my 511 as a preemptive strike bandwagon. I don't ride it enough (850 miles in the first year I owned it) to wear out the TL any time soon. So I'm worried I'll be stuck with a bike with a broken TL in 3 - 4 years that I can't get a replacement for.

I had visions of having a garage full of red huskies. My TE 511 and WR 250, and I'm looking at a cherry lowered TE 250 for my son.

BTW, do the TE 250s have a TL??
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Massive over reaction IMHO. My stock one lasted 6000 miles of hard riding and some really nasty single track gnar it should not have seen. I could still be riding it but did notice a slip on occasion and wanted to fix it ASAP. My bike also has a bunch of motor upgrades and makes a LOT more power than stock and I am not EZ on it. Get The ZipTy breather relocator and ride. Depending on how you ride I bet you get a lot of miles with it. There will always be some out there. This motor is still used and still for sale right now.

no
    Tinken likes this.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yes, but they are in the form of rubber bushings built into the bottom of the clutch basket. Normally not rebuildable, but we have a kit for that.
  4. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Thank you for your candor. I appreciate directness. I guess now that I have my WR I'll be puting a lot less single track miles on the TE. I plan to use it to putt around with my son in the hills. So it'll get more miles in a session, but none of it will be gnarly -- and it'll be slow going for the most part.
    Motosportz likes this.
  5. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Of course you do ... lol
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  7. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR

Notice it now, last sentence. Quoted from my own post. from page 2 of this thread.

I thought you guys notice everything I post ? It sure seems like it ? Thanks, I hope the next guy who buys one is as lucky as you and his has a breakaway point of 380.8 NM also, or 280 ft lbs.

That would be cool.
  8. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    Check our Facebook Group out.
    Husqvarna TE TXC TC 449 511 Owners.
    Slide1.JPG Slide2.JPG Slide3.JPG

You can buy the Shim from BMW and Shim it up.
    Run a 60grid disc quick over the steel plates , not the sintered ones and you get to 250-280 NM.

My bike is back together and no slip. Plus i did adjust the Clutch as well .

Have fun on the bike.
    aha2070 and Big Timmy like this.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Wow, that's good to know. Many thanks for sharing with Yanks!

However I'd rather keep the cases together with the relocated breather for as long as possible.
  10. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    That breather doesn't change anything on the Limiter....
    No so called " hot gasses" going through it.
    I had a look at it when i had mine open. But it is a good Sales pitch.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  11. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Options---- What a great concept? Thanks Helmut.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Whatever, I was thanking you for sharing, but go ahead and be that way.
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Thank you very much!

Paw Paw
    Motosportz and Big Timmy like this.
  14. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We finally get some good REAL useful info to carry on and continue use of the Currently available TL issues with a way to maintain said item, with out a bunch of damned sales pitches that belong in the Commercial sponsor section, along with the "NaySayers" (customer based support staff "expecting a discount" giving customer reviews) and go figure, now the thread falls nearly silent. WTF?

They are all probably lurking in the darkness like Website Trolls collaborating what to say! So they can start attacking the individuals IE- "Real actual helpful individuals" again. Those who stepped up and actually got us some results. Results that can be in fact used by the do it yourselfer.

I mean really?? I think you owe Helmut an apology even copping an attitude.

The Fricken "NaySayers" are the ones you should have been saying "go ahead and be that way" to along damned time ago. You have nothing to thank them for but wasting your time on a 8 page deep Thread that got you absolutely knowhere. Until Helmut "9880sts" came along and spent 4 hours proving it could be done and posted real life (adjusted by himself) TL breakaway numbers that can be actually believed. He cut through the BS and lies period..... LOL..... "..."

I hope tech help like this will keep coming for all of us from many sources. That's what a Forum is all about. We as riders and members deserve it. I am tired of it always being the daily "Mr.Knowitall show" with website links provided to buy everything taking you and us somewhere else. That in my opinion is BS. If I want to come to a tech related information forum that's what I want tech Information.

If I want to buy something or go shopping, I go to a website or store. Simple as that. The 3 or 4 of you that don't like that, or more of you for that matter can get over it. DILLIGAF !!

I've been getting jumped on, bashed and slammed because of my tenacious pursuance of this TL subject and had the same 3 or 4 members coming at me on here for months myself but I know they are not willing to admit when they were wrong. I'm over it though and still very satisfied with our current status on the issue. At least we don't have to wait or rely on false promises for the moment. LOL.

Oh Yaa. I almost forgot. My next few items I will be getting is some shims from BMW who I have already called and which ever or the 2 BMW or the Husky dealers holding fixtures is the best deal and can be shipped the easiest when I'm ready.
    9880sts likes this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Wow. You talk about useful posts and rant on about nothing related. Why not just ignore the sale pitch and move on instead of the paragraphs of rant. Like it or not the sponsors are part of what keep this forum on line. Sometime we sponsors overstep our bounds. Fine, it is EZ to just ignore that but constantly bringing it up does nothing but amplify it. Tinken was the first I ever saw mention the TL and issues. I thought at the time it was sales pitch until I had a failure which is why I started this poll and thread to begin with. There are always personalities on forums. Sometimes you need to choose to ignore some people. Most of your last posts have been nothing more the rants bring the subject up over and over and backhanded comments. Not sure how this helps with the TL issue and this thread. ZipTy and Cory raced the 499 for a season and have boxes of TLs to show for it. I'd say they have some experience with it regardless of your personal feeling for Tinkens sales tactics or not. Other than the off subject rants I have found this thread highly informational. Good info from timmy, 9880, tinken. etc. CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THIS ON TOPIC AND TALK ABOUT THE TL AND SUCH. Feel free to ignore posts you don't like and opinions you don't care for but lets talk about the TL and move past this. We get it loud and clear.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I believe it does. It is located directly below the vent. Zipty has piles of thrashed TLs and relocating the breather, running more oil and thinner oil eliminated the issues on their race bikes. These guys had these motors apart hundreds of times and went through piles of TLs so there experience is well worth considering regardless if you like the messanger or not. Can we please forgo the personal bashing on all sides and just put the good info out there. There is an ignore feature on this site if you feel that strongly about it but the continuous bringing it up does nothing for the real info. What it has done though is push the one person out who has the most experience with this issue. I don't think anyone else here has 10 race bikes, 20 TLs and thousands of miles of high speed racing in hot conditions. The delivery might be semi condescending but the info is solid IMHO. You all have contributed great info here and for that I am thankful.

LETS TALK ABOUT THE TL PLEASE.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Not hiding or plotting. Simply watching the the BS disrespect towards someone that not only pays to keep this forum going but has given a ton of free advice and helped countless people even though it did nothing for their business. The constant bashing of a husqvarna race team and supporter of this forum is a bunch of garbage. I've appreciated everyones input when it's simply constructive criticism but this is out of control. Is it crazy that a business wants to keep certain things a secret to help their business and so it isn't recreated? They're the one's that have invested more time and money into these bikes then most anyone. I'm all for them recouping what they've invested.

I agree that there are people lurking and it's dissappointing to see that only a hand full of people are willing to stand up for Zip-Ty against all this. For the record, I have yet to buy anything and would receive no other discount then the one provided to all the cafe forum members
    Teambowles and Motosportz like this.
  18. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Who's going on ranting and still doing the personal bashing? With personal quotes like always? LOL
    9880sts likes this.
  19. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1,2, ?
    9880sts likes this.
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow this has degraded unnecessarily. I truly was thankful that a fellow member has taken the time to point out the possibility of rebuilding the TL. I felt it was unnecessary to attack a product that I have chosen to use.

Glad you have the time to go into such detail about something that wasn't even directed toward you Timmy. I have also enjoyed reading many of your informative posts here as well.

Relax man, go ride and enjoy. Picking nits on a forum and getting your blood boiling over it just ain't worth it.
    Motosportz likes this.