1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc [Pic] The "new" "Husky" 300 2-stroke 2014.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by The Swede, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ajax rides mostly open dez, it is EZ to make carbs work there as you are on the gas a lot. In the woods it is a whole other ball game IMHO.
    454x likes this.
  2. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

I do Like Joe Chods bikes. Saved the pic in my Husky folder - with Joe Chod given credit.

But, I've got to say, I've absolutely hated the multi piece radiator shrouds that Husky went to - for years now. Gave them the lines of Aprilias late 80s / early 90s DS bikes.............. Those and KTM's 'faux Dakar' non side panel, side panels. Husky managed to put both of those styling attrocities on the 449 /511. Surprisingly, they didn't look half bad......

Well, at least with this "Euro 300 Husky", they've jettisoned the black lowered radiator shrouds - just as they went to the same idea (plus black top sectioned) shrouds on the KTMs. Seems Kiska / Ktm, really want their bikes look dreadful. :excuseme:
  3. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T

We have been racing 2-'07 WR 125's and an '08 CR 125 since they came out, and have used the stock carbs the whole time. Once dialed in, we only mess with the needle positions and main jets during extreme climate changes.
    The last two years we installed the 144 kit on the two WR's and a Maxx Power 167 on the CR with no jetting issues.
    Didn't they change the carbs in '09?
    Oh yeah, we ride woods, sand and rocks up here in "Sconsin".
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why do you think I mostly ride open desert I do the National Hare and Hound Ever see the 3rd loop can you say tight There are 10 Races Yes 4 are in So Calif But there is one in the mountians near bosie Idaho,then 2 in Cherry Creek Utha then one in Panaca Nevada one in Red Mountain Ca. Then the tighest one of all was in Reno Nevada. The two National I won this year were Utha in the trees and Reno in the rocks In Reno I was the only guy in my class to finish So the stock carb works in the tight for me
    Then there is King of the Moto where I finished and Last dog Standing which I won you can not get tuffer or tighter then those. My point was I had never had a problem with my stock carb.But I was asked to try a Lectron I installed it and did some desert testing where for me I found it ran nice but signed off on the top. You could hold it wide open and it would never seem to rev all the way out .It seemed to work nice in the tight rock stuff.So I said I would run it at Last Dog Standing.Well there it did not work FOR ME You can see in my video from that race that I was always having to adjust it as I rode and it stalled alot.Then because it would not rev all the way out I really was having problems on the hills I would try to climb a big hill and it would just run out of steam.I did out last ever one in my class and made it all the way to check 4 on loop 2 for a win. But the bike never seem to run like it use to.A few days later I reinstalled my stock carb went and did some testing and the bike was back to its old self running great.My original point was that some people call the stock carb a POS But there are many who like the bike as delivered and do not have a problem.I think I ride a lot more different areas ranging from below sea level to 8,000 feet some wide open desert to tight in the trees with temp from about 25 to 120 and the pos stock carb has never let me down.
    Maybe I should give the Lectron carb another try Will have to see if it is needed on my new 2014
    White,Blue Yellow Husky 300.
    Motosportz likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I stand corrected. My post was based on your location, the race series and some of the posts i have seen. Were you running the 36? Might need a bigger one and dial the top better (different rod?) You get this from walt? He rides tight woods at high elevation so you will need a different setup. No big deal. Glad you like the stock carb, many seem to get it to work some don't.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have the 08 CR and with the stock carb the bike ran hard in the stock 125 trim, 144 HC trim, and WB165 trim. I did have to adjust A/F screw for temp changes along with MJ in big temp changes but it did run super hard in each trim. Now my friend had the 2009 WR 125 that was a pain to keep up with jetting on. He switched to the Keihin and it helped big time. I remember reading there was a TMX on the older Huskys and a TMXX on the newer that most seem to have had trouble with. Point is different bikes different carb models, different riders, different conditions = different results. I just took my SC off my WB and put the stock carb back on and it is a big difference in how the bike runs/feels. With the SC it's smooth power and the TMX it feels more like a race bike with the hit back now big time!
    endurokids asked the question "didn't they change carbs in 09?"
    Sorry looks like I got off topic here so....I do like the looks of the new Husky but would have to ride one before spending money on one. I'm not a KTM fan when it comes to how they fit/feel. It is pretty though :D.