1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc [Pic] The "new" "Husky" 300 2-stroke 2014.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by The Swede, Sep 28, 2013.

1. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    The front fender looks like a birds beak!
  2. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Holy cow... That Red Bull bike has a Husky sticker on it!
    typeone likes this.
  3. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    Well... I'm thinking that if they stay with this platform for the production bikes, I'll be ordering one asap for my son.
    The next set of questions for me are... KTM/Berg pricing or Husky pricing? Husky bucks or not?
    As said above, the real new Husky bikes will start up in the next couple of years when the switchover is complete and the engineers are sorted out.
    JRod4928 likes this.
  4. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    its a KTM 300XC
  5. Hoov165x Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The Latest: 2014 FE250
    Glad I bought a 2014 CR125........ Seriously though, I hope they will use Husky's geometry numbers, at least in the 125, when the two brands diverge, as Pit Beirer indicated. I can't stand KTM handling..... or crappy WP suspension.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

But the frame is slightly different to accommodate the berg type two lower bolt subframe.
  7. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I merged the 2 threads in this 2-stroke forum. There are also many repeat threads in the main forum, but I don't have privileges to merge those.
  8. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Looks like I will be pumping money into my 09 300 next spring to give it a couple more years of life
  9. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I'm really happy I bought my new bike last year, because I have time to see what unfolds with the merger now. As I have said in the past, I have a wait and see attitude about the future of Husky. I can only hope they launch it forward instead of backwards. Others have asked about pricing. I'm hoping they don't get KTMish with their numbers, but I'm sure they will because they can. :mad:
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Shroud shape is diff and is sexier.......rounded and flowing and not that "Teutonic Chiseled" look. Akropovic stock would be nice too. The blue nipples are a bit much though. other than that it is orange underneath and that is not going to win the Husky faithful nor the 'berg "orphans"....just sayin'......my 2 cents
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think they should have went with this :applause:

IMAG0369.JPG
  12. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

alright Joe, where did you get the graphics for your 125 ?
    bud7041 likes this.
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

PG my custom so they have and also did for 4 stoke smalls (they did not do em in 449)
    Polisport for the fork guards
    Kevin_TE250 and 454x like this.
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    They may still yet, Joe. I'm sure the graphics on the Red Bull bike are not the production graphics.

The bikes shown at the MXoN were for a presentation about the new MX3 two stroke GP class. So, they were decked out in race wear.
  15. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    I'm glad so many people will be fighting over my '13 CR 125 in a few years when it goes up for sale. Yeah, it handles well but so does my 250XC. Both needed the suspension revalved but the Husq also needed a new shock spring to match the stock fork spring weight, a new pipe to replace the lame performing stock unit, and a Lectron to replace the POS Mikuni (the KTM got a $12 Suzuki needle), aftermarket clutch levers require a custom made cable to function, etc, etc, etc.

Some people will ride a bike stock for years and just replace broken parts with OEM parts when needed but others know what they like out of controls, skid plates, powerband, etc. and prefer to at least have aftermarket options. After all these years of Husq making the same 2 stroke with just a few frame updates, the aftermarket still shows little interest in making options for Husq. If it weren't for Wally Bean we wouldn't even have the WB165, modified KTM 200 pipe, or power valve springs for the CR 125. That will change now.

Also wondering how many out there have even ridden a Husaberg. It's true that a lot of the parts are the same as the KTM but they are not just rebadged KTMs. Much slimmer tank/shroud/air filter cover profile, innovative suspension concepts, etc.
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My '09 WR125 worked well with the stock Mikuni. It actually ran worse and was harder to jet with the Keihin, that everyone loved then.
  18. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S
    Not that it has any impact out of the State of New Jersey, but the WR250 and 300 have been included on the Official "OK to register" list from DMV or MVC as it is known know. Meaning there was no hoops to jump throw or brick wall to run into to get a tag on your bike.
    sabortooth likes this.
  19. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    Let em fight over my super tricked out 11 WR300 ill take the new bike
  20. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Fair enough----it works for you but for me it was a P O S. It got sick and tired of having to carry a small screwdriver tucked into the bar pad to adjust it. The shop I bought the bike from offered to replace the stock carb with the older design carb---the guy there that started offering that as a standard "upgrade" is a multi-time Enduro champ that's been racing since the 70s and is one of those guys that would even get out the small files to modify his jets just a wee-bit to get exactly what the bike needed. He finally said "screw it---this new carb isn't working but I know I can get the bike to run right with the old carb" so that was their suggestion before even selling the bike. I decided against the "upgrade" and went with the stock carb.

I don't mean to sound rude but I don't need to listen to your bike to prove to me that the stock carb could work on my bike---I can HEAR and FEEL the way MY bike responds now with the Lectron and I know, without any doubt, that it is a major improvement. I gave the stock carb 20 hours to prove the nay-sayers wrong, tried all the suggested mikuni needles, and, in the end, it was either dumping money into a different slide that may or may not work OR getting the Lectron. I am thrilled with the choice I made.

I should add, however, that I prefer a more linear power delivery.