1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

petcock for mid 70s gas tank

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by dumpbear, Apr 6, 2014.

1. vintagecs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '78 390OR, '76 360 Auto, '74 125SC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Penton, Yamaha
    I tried the sanding trick and it worked. Gasket started out .140" thick and I sanded it down to .110" worked smooth but not too easy. Definitely doesn't feel like the lever will break. Hopefully it doesn't leak . Thanks Crash!
    Crashaholic likes this.
  2. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I found out that four hole washer for the gas shut off valve the one from a 72/77 Suzuki ts 185 can be carefully inserted into the husqvarna valve. I repaired the leaky valves this way. I installed the Suzuki four hole washer in the husky valve body then I used the husky lever to push it level by working it while pushing in on it. It worked awesome.

We started off riding a Suzuki first then we went to the huskys. The four hole gas washer was the first thing we replaced on all the suzuki ts bikes we has rescued.

I still have the Suzuki four hole rubber in my parts cabinet after all these years of not riding.

My point is never, never throw anything away.
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    you are correct, it pays to hold on to stuff. making the right call as to what to keep or pitch is tough
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I've become a hoarder. I'm into old cub cadets, IH cub tractors too. I have most of the new and used parts for everything. Same thing I did with the huskys in the past. So many hobbies and so little time.

But never, ever throw away parts.