old Husky, New GasGas

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by LandofMotards, Nov 4, 2014.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    In regards to Gas Gas and the x-lite. I wonder what the real 411 is. Did they get the tooling and rights to the motor? Did they get the goods for the black head x-lite and SWM (previous Husky factory) has the goods for the red head? SWM has pics of red head x-lite's. I am just curious as heck to find out what is really going on. :popcorn:
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The SWM pics are of the new motor that was under development not the red head x-lite as we new it. Of course the motors in the bikes are the old 450/510/630 motors.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hmmm I really liked my 09 TXC410 engine, great power!
    Captnemo likes this.
  4. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
  5. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    From the motocrossactionmag article......
    "SWM will be produced in Lombardia, Italy, but gets it funding from the Chinese Shineray group. Some of the engine will be sourced the Husqvarna, not the KTM-owned Husqvarna, but the previous Husqvarna in Italy. You don’t need to look closely to see that the dirt bikes are very similar to the Huskys of three years ago."

Havin' some difficulty decoding the phrase "I would put a tear one CM in China...."
  6. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Gas Gas just got the X-Lite 250/310 and (I think) the 125 2 stroke. To me it appears that the pipe is thicker as it routes back through the frame with some sort of guard around it (like a trials bike). With the cam chain tensioner on the right side of the bike, I imagine squeezing the pipe around the right side and through the thick GG frame would require more changes than just bending a pipe.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  7. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Here's the right side, where you can see the "thicker" looking pipe.

428853_4464_big_P1070372.JPG

I, for one, am excited. When I got my 300 it came down to getting a Gas Gas 300 or a TXC 310. I went with the GG 300 and am glad I did but it looks like soon I will be able to have my cake and eat it too. :)
    BILLF, LandofMotards and Centerline like this.
  8. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Condenser is moved from under TB. Wonder if it's the '12 and not even the "redhead". Pipe looks like a cruder headpipe (not ti- but this is a proto anyway), longer and more heat where I would not want it out of airflow. It is a concept bike so may be irrelevant.
  9. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Head shape is wrong for a '12. Look's like a redhead with a dye job.
    BILLF, LAHuskyrider and Motosportz like this.
  10. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Guessing they didn't want the shock reservoir to clash ;-)
    Centerline likes this.
  11. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure

"A tier one CM" Is defined as follows. CM = Contract Manufacturer (this is the guy turning the screws doing all final assembly inspection and packaging. Tier one = you are a major player and have your shit together. For instance Foxconn is a tier one. Foxconn is the company Apple goes to, to assemble all your iPhones. Most tier ones are very well integrated. They mold there own parts they populate there own boards and they employ 10's of thousands across multiple countries
    Centerline likes this.
  12. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    Thank you Tessier. Understand now. :-) Interesting example and phrases describing Foxconn ....."guy turning the screws"
    "very well integrated" "have their shit together" "Populate their own boards"
    Seems in years past quite a few unhappy Foxconn slaves, er, sorry ... Happy employees were depopulating the company and spilling their shit when commiting suicide by jumping from company hi-rise dormitories.
    (I'm not criticizing you, I'm taking a shot at Apple.) :-)
  13. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    It's an interesting global manfacturing world we live in right now. I am sure Gas Gas and SWM aren't getting the entire bike from one country just like Apple isn't getting all its parts from one place. For instance they may source the casting from China the wire harness from Tawain the suspension from Italy and do the final assembly in Italy. What makes it an Italian or American or Chinese bike when the parts are from 8 different countries?

Intellectual Property is what rules all protecting you IP is what everyone's trying to do. When a vendor has prints for an entire bike or phone or what ever your making its very difficult to contain everyone. The closer you are to a final product the harder it is to keep the lid on. Can't wait to see what and when these bikes come out but I think I'll keep my husky for now.
  14. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    They current business model of moving production offshore, building the product for pennies, then selling it to Americans for astronomical prices is not sustainable. The standard of living in the US is dropping. Eventually Americans will not have enough disposable income to buy things like iPhones. Then WE will be the ones building it for pennies while the rising economies of the world purchase our goods. We have been sold down the road to economic slavery by corporate greed. Frankly, the best strategy we could have now would be to ban the import of any foreign goods and require anything sold in the US to be made in the US.
    Johnrg likes this.
  15. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Americans will give up eating before they give up their smart phones, and everyone knows how much Americans love to eat
    Tessier likes this.
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    As long as theres a dollar menu i can afford to eat and have a smart phone :)
  17. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    but then none of us would have Husky or Gas Gas to ride now would we. The problem in my eye's is that we are just simply passing the buck to who every is willing to allow us to destroy there county. Why pollute our rivers when we can pollute there's why force our people to work when it's easier to get them to work. We have become a lazy, greedy, self absorbed country and until we change that were gonna get left in the dust.

An american company could have bought the remain's and IP of Husky but we didn't until we take risks and start diving back in head first were gonna be in for a long long road.