old Husky, New GasGas

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by LandofMotards, Nov 4, 2014.

1. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  2. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    dang there it is HUSKY POWERED Gasgas
  3. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Funny they went with a right side muffler design. Seems like allot of work to get it out on the right side.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Probably not much effort at all. Why do you think it was a pita?
    Big Timmy likes this.
  5. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Yeah, was thinking the same. Maybe easier to bend a header than mould new rear plastic...?
    Big Timmy likes this.
  6. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I've got a GasGas engine on my Husky.
    Kam1, oldbikedude and Boogie like this.
  7. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    Pictures of that motor are turning up everywhere. Just who is mfg them? My guess is its a Chinesse made version, which in this case is probably a good thing.
  8. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    There is a Chinese version???

The prototype engine is probably straight from Varese... The mass production version probably will be from gasgas production.
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Exiting the exhaust headed left only to cross over behind the engine to the right??? At first I thought it was a rearward facing engine like the new YZ250F
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Also placing a hot exhaust pipe directly under the throttle body and shock reservoir seems like a bad idea to me. Typically you try to keep additional heat away from those parts.
    shrubitup, Centerline and duggoey like this.
  11. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Whatever they are doing it will be good, they will build the motor in Italy or Spain no way China, no way. Pride ...............
    jimjim likes this.
  12. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    There getting to the point they can copy anything now just don't put the micro phish in backwards. I've seen them reverse the micro phish and they wound the electrical field coils backwards. There technology in China isn't up to par with the rest of the world "yet".
  13. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    The longer header can sometimes be used to move the powerband where they want it. It does make a difference as you can tell after yamaha went crazy with their retard exhaust wrap around crap.
  14. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    GasGas purchased the tooling, licensing, and all production rights to the XLite engines from Husqvarna.
    Johnrg and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  15. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Is there a cheap Chinese dirkbike?
  16. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Yes. Look up Shineray XY250 or ODES mcf250.
  17. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure

You are a complete and utter moron if that's what you honestly believe. There is a reason why Apple and tons of other companies are doing business in China. The reason why Germany has been so robust through the recession was because of the crazy amount of orders from China for German machinery. I can easily source any part with tolerances of +/-.005" from tons of road side vendors. Where China struggles is when you need tighter tolerances your need to build a more robust supply chain.

China has struggled to innovate but those days are coming to an end soon too. I have taken 8 trips to source tons of parts from Chinese vendors this year and spent 1.5 million in tooling alone. We wouldn't be doing it China if it wasn't on par with the rest of the world. The problem is the U.S. Needs to understand how to compete on price in a global economy. If we can't learn that we're gonna be in big trouble.

BTW nice to see the X-lites live on.
    jmetteer likes this.
  18. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    It's our development that's done here then it's manufactured over there.
    My global company the biggest elevator company in the world has manufacturing plants in every country to cut costs.

We had a plant in Mexico were the workers made $0.45 an hour. We closed it to the danger of our engineers going across the dangerous border and going through the town to get there.

Let's keep it civil I'm no moron. On there own China still hasn't caught up to the rest of the world. We keep on sending our work elsewhere. No one wants the lesser paying jobs here.

I built and sent five big cnc lathes to China. The biggest one was 200,000lbs and had a 124" Chuck. It was disassembled into five pieces they sat at the dock uncrated in the rain because they had no equipment to move them? This monster lathe takes five heavy duty trailer trucks to ship it. You could cut a small car on this lathe. There is also a 144" Chuck lathe I also built. I have no clue how China installed these bigger lathes it takes a 25' deep cement foundation.

I built lathes for Chrysler Tank the m1 Abrams to manufacture the turret bearings and main engine rotor. And built machines to manufacture parts for the 155mm howitzer and assembled parts for the 1555mm howitzer too all for the US army.

There still backward in some ways that's my point.

When I was working our government didn't allow the better high tech HP(numerical computer controls) out of our country. The tolerances can be punched in the offsets. These and the equal other brands (allen bradly) lever were allowed out plus the 3 axis and 4 axis controls stayed here too these can run 3 & 4 cutting heads at the same time.

We only allowed the 2 axis controls to be exported to China. This limited there manufacturing time if there was a conflict. No one in the world could match our manufacturing might. I'm not sure if that holds true to today.

I spent twenty years as a lead engineering tech for the largest elevator company in the world. I worked in the test lab. I seen products from other countries being tested.
    Trust me no one can match our manufacturing quality of decades ago. Today the gears are no longer lapped in. There machined to be close in tolerance but longevity isn't like the lapped in process.

Your moron bill

Btw, there isn't one thing that you touch in a day were I didn't build a machine to manufacture it. From discs for brakes, 4x4 disc brakes, pinion and ring gears, trailer truck brake drums. I helped in New designs for elevator products too. I built rolls for paper mills. I build cnc machines for NASA but I can say what they manufactured. I built machines to manufacture jet engines. I've done even more.

I could be wrong about China maybe there farther advanced than I thought they were but there's a nicer way to tell me.
  19. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Okay, Okay, hold the phone. German machinist's make a very good living building products for export and Germany has a trade surplus where as we have the largest trade deficient in the industrial world., but more to the point they are not a bunch of greedy bastards like the old USA firms. You see why would i or you believe that 0.45 cents an hr wage is a must to be competitive in the world market it's just horseshit. I'm sorry these things just get my goat.:censored: greed........
    Ken Hynes and HuskyMax like this.
  20. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Is this still a gas gas thread?