1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

oil being sprayed into airbox on 511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by nozzzaa, Jul 26, 2014.

1. nozzzaa Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    garage full of shite
    Ok no worries ! Does anyone else have experience in solving this oil shit on there BMW engine without spending shit load on it? Really f**ks me of tbh cause you'd think they would test the bike before selling it worldwide there are multiple obvious issues on mine from the first day I rode it!
    Big Timmy likes this.
  2. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
  3. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    the zip ty breather you have on your bike is all most of have used to
    fix the oil puke.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All you really need is the zipty breather relocation kit which is around 40 dollars. The kit relocates the breather to the top of the motor where it belongs (it can be seen in the pic above post #22). That is all I am running as are several others and it is just fine. I run the factory specified 1150cc of oil and I haven't had any problems. I was running 950cc of oil before and I had oil coming out the airbox onto the top of my motor. You really do not need the whole catch can recovery system unless you are worried and want an absolute system.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  5. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Big Timmy likes this.
  7. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Get a "Zipty" breather for the valve cover, If you use a breather tank you'll need to get a filler cap or drain plug from "Zipty" also that is tapped for a return fitting to return oil from that breather tank "if you use one" back into the motor. You'll have to have a return if you use the "Toxic Moto" breather tank. I have the BMW G450X Chassis and built my own baffled tank to do this. It works great. I designed my tank to return oil into the filler cap. It works great for me with no issues.

The design of the Husky's head pipe though and its proximity to the return hose into the filler cap with the "ZipTy" tanks, most guys are going to the Drain plug now for the return hose. As the hose has burned in some instances on the head pipes in the past.

Of course the whole point of doing this is to cap off the stock breather mounted on the cases behind the right side of the cylinder. It will help save the engines primary drive Torque limiter doing this as well. Another subject you may want to look up on here and one of the primary purposes of doing this. Get the breather off the cases and coming out of the valve cover. That's the main thing.

I do have both engines G450X and TC449 and I run them in the BMW frame. I have run a breather tank set up on both.
  8. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    The above is using the Zipty Breather (no oil tank)...
  9. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    Good to se the old husky self lubing airbox still available on new models ! That rubber boot will never rust now !
    BadMotoWeazal likes this.
  10. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I wanted to get one of these breathers (& 2 other great looking items) sent over to me here in Aus.
    Unfortunately ZTs freight is nearly 3 times what it should be at $157!! ($40 for a fender & decal kit earlier this year from US)
    4 emails & messages as well, no closer.
    They are 'looking at their freight', hope they resolve it soon as they seem to have great products.

I'll modify my own tappet cover & sort it out I guess.
    rabskyline likes this.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    The toxic kit shown on the site link shows something crucial if you look closely at the picture. Please note that the ZTR relocated breather on the valve cover is shown in the picture while the text says it uses the original crank vent location. So even though they say it works fine with the stock vent, it's obvious that they agree that relocating the breather to the top of the valve cover is best and reduces stress to the torque limiter which was the original idea by Tinken and ZipTy. Don't believe it, click on the accessories tab...nuff said. So to really work correctly it's more like $200+ for it to work correctly. I'd easily spend the extra $100 and enjoy the extra benefit that the ZTR tank cools and re-condenses the oil vapor.

YMMV, this is just the opinion of a satisfied customer. I think I need to fill a suitcase with ZTR goodies and take a trip to visit with you fine folks down under! :banana:
    Mr Ford40 and rabskyline like this.
  12. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    I'd happily add their products to my website, just don't have the capital to outlay for bucket loads of stock.
  13. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    All that needs to happen is to put a little effort into the on-line shop, that's all.

I am quite sure the products are first-rate, & I'm sure everyone will agree.

For an on-line shopper, the web-store is the front counter of a walk-in shop.
    If you get a grumpy parts sales person at a physical shop counter, you are less likely to go back to that shop.
    It is the same with a web-store, a poor experience & having to plead for correct freight, wait a week for a response to an order & even having items delivered via a third-party is no way to deliver great service.
    The whole point of putting items up on-line is to have them be able to 'sell themselves' to people who can't come to a physical shop & are to far away to phone & discuss sales.
    If the store isn't monitored, or can't add correct freight or items aren't shipped out in a timely fashion the items loose their appeal.

Someone living in another country has no idea how huge the R&D w/shop is, or the volume of bikes they handle/parts sold locally etc.
    All that potential customer sees is a page with items for sale, if there are hard to get they will shop elsewhere, simple.

I really do hope they can capitalise on the sponsorship dollars they put in here on this on-line forum with a great on-line shop.

## (Please note - Before ANYONE starts on me, I'm not bashing ZT, I am putting up a web-store user's perspective of mine & other's experiences trying to buy items in the hope it will improve.
    I am not alone in my experiences here)
  14. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    Nah yer right, great products, just the freight needs attention, I'd think it's a preset postal programme that just needs tweaked .
    Slavens sends ktm stuff internationally for circa $30.

I used to sell G2 throttle products on my site and they went good but had to pay out lots to stock them.

A good importer in oz for these guys would be good.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Another potential substitute is the "oil separator" that comes on XR650L Hondas..'tis a little plastic canister that fits between the oil breather and the airbox to help blowby oil stay out of the air filter box. Im about to hook mine back up as the prior owner removed it in place of a longer hose with filter on the end.....which aint doing the trick very well.

They've been installing these since at least the early '90s so they arent hard to come by. Worth a try.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  16. mlorenzini Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    '98 Ducati CR, '12 VStrom650, KLR650
    So with that KN breather filter which one fits best? I eventually want to get the ZTR kit but don't have the cash yet and I don't want oil in my air box anymore. I even get oil coming out just from laying the bike down.
  17. michael franzen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te511
    Mine was water pump seal going bad.
  18. michael franzen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te511
    On mine the water pump seal was bad causes oil in the airbox.
  19. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    ??? :excuseme:

Water mixed mixed in with the oil??

Mostly it is because BMW/Husky chose to fit the engine breather to the transmission where the oil is stored.
  20. Mr Ford40 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    nozzzaa I now have the full zip-ty oil kit but did run a 900mm length hose with a air filter at the end then blocked off the air box. I was then able to run 1100ml of oil with out any issues.