NOW I find out about the sidestand issue...

Discussion in '610/630' started by venture4th, Aug 14, 2008.

1. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Here's a picture. It's a 2008 SM510R with stock sidestand and suspension, as-delivered. That's what I call too vertical.

Attached Files:

2. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I see what you mean. That can't be stable.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I had no idea... thank you for posting your picture.

Mine stuck out much farther even when it was new, and even farther out now.
  4. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

My bike does not even lean that far. If the steering is turned to the left it will sit on flat ground, but if turned to the right it just falls over. My kick stand is just about that close to the bike also, directly under the middle of the foot peg when the bike is vertical. Ken
  5. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

I think the deal is that the TE 450/510 has too long of a kick stand and the SM 450/510 has too short of a kick stand. The angle is too vertical on both and that makes it tricky to get just the right length.
  6. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

Just for fun, stand on the left side of your bike, grab the left grip, and pull a little (not too much), the rear tire lifts off the ground. :eek: I think a small breeze could blow my bike over. You need to be on either flat ground, or make sure it pitches up hill. ::(
  7. MARK WOOLARD Husqvarna
    AA Class

I guess we have to wait, hope and pray that someday someone will decide to make an aftermarket centerstand for our 610's. As well as a nice shift lever like the Driven one I got for my WR250.
  8. 128954431 Husqvarna
    A Class

There are two centre stands available for the 61o/630.

OEM - check the parts catalogue for the required bits. The only problem with it is that it hangs too low at the feet.

The other is here: http://www.cigarmikes.com/2010/01/working-on-center-stands-for-other.html
    I had some difficulties with clearance with the side stand, but they were known up front. I made up a new side stand (retained the auto retract) for the 630 so that they did not interfere with each other.
    Good points are that Mike is easy to work with, the stand can be made to different length and the balance point is spot on.
  9. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

and ridiculously cheap I think mine was under $100
  10. denny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cigar Mike ROCKS!!!
  11. MARK WOOLARD Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none