1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Note to BMW/HVA

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ohmygewd, Oct 17, 2012.

1. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I hope my APT carb makes me forget all about wanting DI. :)
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The SmartCarb on my WB165 made me forget about FI and a new Husky 200:banghead:.
    flyingbob likes this.
  3. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I own a 2012 WR300 and 2013 TE449. I know there are more expensive bikes out there and maybe certain aspects are better on those models but I'm confused. What is all the complaining about the WR300? I ride that thing in the woods with some A class and Pro riders and while Im only a B class rider at the moment, I feel that the WR is fcukin amazing! That motor is the dogs bollocks. Ive had KTMs, Yamahas, Hondas, etc in the past. None of those bikes were amazing. My KTM broke all the time. I am getting the WR set up this winter by Mike Lafferty's former mechanic who has a suspension shop near Philly. Thats not out of the ordinary. My KTM Yamaha and Hondas I had in the past all required suspension work as well. My biggest complaint with the WR was the stock clutch cable. That was garbage. But if you need an electric start bike that bad, then hey, buy the KTM. Its a sweet bike. Sh!t, the Gas Gas is sick too. But at the end of the day, I will have more money for race fees, tires, gas, etc with my Husky. I paid a kiler price for it and I havent had a dirbike to date that I've loved more than this thing. That motor shines like a diamond on a goat's ass. And if you feel the WR chassis is a goat's ass-so be it. I like goats.

And I've never needed 6th gear in the woods. That effin things pulls and pulls and I swear Ive had it down to 40 RPMs and it still keeps going!
    RKHOP84, shawbagga, marcmo0 and 3 others like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

The motor is great but weighs to much. They might as well make it run about the same but make it lighter and add E-start everyone wants. BUT the chassis IMHO need a huge upgrade and this to me is obviouls when stepping off the X-lights and 125's onto a WR250/300, they feel like a pig that does not want to turn. Sorry. The motor is a solid 9 and chassis is a 5 IMHO. It is simply far past time for an upgrade. It is a fine bike as is that could be a great bike.
  5. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I am totally stealing your expression Hahaha. Awesome. I agree. I love my WR too.
    WVdag likes this.
  6. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    Having just acquired a new to me '09 wr250 that i've yet to really ride, i'm new here, so forgive my ignorance.

But I just peeked at the Romaniacs 2012 results and Andreas Lettenbichler finished second on a wr300.

Pretty impressive for a heavy prehistoric bike in need of e-start and a sixth gear that doesn't like to turn.
    BorisTas, lankydoug and marcmo0 like this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It is not a bad bike at all and many love them. Just many of us feel they need updated more than once every 10 years or so.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I like the Husky community here and am glad that husqvarna doesn't win the magazines top bike awards. Then every kid would have one and it would ruin the atmosphere in the forum. I really don't care for the opinions of a teenager that still lives with mom lol
    Phoenix, Kevin_TE250 and jmetteer like this.
  9. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    gas gas????????PLEASSSSSSSSE did you see the dirt bike world 300 shoot out test? the gas gas while its advertised weight is 225lbs it crossed their scales at 245!!! 20 lbs heavyier than the KTM and 16lbs more than the WR ! Ifs its good enough to finish erzberg 2nd its good enough for me !!
    WVdag likes this.
  10. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

You apparently have never rode a new GasGas
  11. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    funny comments in comparing,
    true the Husky could use an update and get a 6th gear
    a consideration on the turn in between the two the Husky definitely has more head rake as you don't need a steering damper for speed
    this is something I work around on all but the downhills (on my 360 that is)
    my 360 has the 6th gear but since the 300 is based off the 250 it was originally a kit and never became it's own engine so the gears are the same
    the 250 is a 5 speed and that came forward with it, the case reed is nice as well as the electric start
    now the suspension the Husky has more rear travel
    if you want the same weight change the exhaust on the Husky to FMF and the weights will probably be pretty close
    the Beta looks so much like a Husky it is interesting
    about the electric start don't recall seeing the pros use theirs, did they take the battery out?
  12. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just put another brutal 4 hours on my WR again today. I am nowhere near the talent of Lettenbichler but its a freakin laugh to hear people say the WR needs updated. Hahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahaha
    dave lindsey likes this.
  13. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Next thing people will be telling us is that enduro bikes should have 2 speed transmissions like some of the Enduro cross pros use...cuz we all know that the bikes we buy are EXACTLY like the ones the team riders ride. Maybe Lettenbichler's WR is a GASGAS in Husqvarna plastics...
    Maybe Taddy Blazuziak is the devil in orange. I dont care. I love my WR.
    marcmo0 likes this.
  14. Husky Gordon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX 400r
    Im new to the 2009 WR 300 and I have to say ITS GREAT. Best woods bike Ive owned. Just like with anything you will get people who love it and people who don't. For now I love it and Im riding it.
  15. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I think you'll find that Lettenbichler was running a prototype 350 (360) motor in a Wr300 frame the same as Guillaume did with CH Racing - could me wrong but it sounded/looked like one at Romaniacs.

Motosportz is correct, a frame upgrade would do wonders for the Wr250/300 range and adding a e-start is all about being inline with the competition which is only Husky and TM don't produce an estart 2t (at least the tm's handle superbly). Poster's commenting " look at the pro's " when it come's to e-start but let's face fact's, we aren't (some maybe) pro-level, sponsored riders...we are all weekend hacks who love riding as much as we can so when a piece of technology that can help you enjoy your weekend rides, l say why not.
  16. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You do have a point....
    huskybear and ohmygewd like this.
  17. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    no i havnt
  18. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I like my 11 wr300 very much. But if you were going to buy a new car. Would you choose the car that has not been updated since 5 years, even if it was great, or get some newer technology. Like I said I like my 11, give me a reason to buy a 13 or 14. JMO
  19. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeh, i would. For example, the Toyota Supra. Or the earlier Impreza WRXs. "Updating" is not always what the consumer has in mind. These 4 strokes japan started jamming down our throats years ago have all become "THE best engines ever". Yeh theyre so good that they require new valves, cams, cam chains, cam chain tensioners, pistons, rings, cylinders, etc faster than teenage girls change their ringtones.
    I said it earlier.. If you need e-start, by all means, go buy the more expensive KTM or GASGAS. Theyre killer bikes. I like em, believe me.
    And while were on topic, I rode my 2013 TE 449 in the woods today. Incredibly capable dual sport in the woods. I took it on single track I normally ride my WR on. I stalled the TE many times. It was nice having the e start. But its nicer having a bike in the woods that doesnt stall all the time.
    My girlfriend would really like e start I bet.
    Haha I make myself laugh.
    Anyway, point is, you want a GASGAS go buy one. Sweet bike.
    R-J van Hulst likes this.
  20. Dirt_drifter Husqvarna
    A Class

Totally agree the husky wr250/300 has had it's day. I have owned a 2000 cr250, 05 wr250 and 09 wr250. The bikes have had their day. The 05 was actually a better bike than 09. My dad and i used to enjoy being different and riding husky. Unfortunately we have both moved on to ktm and husaberg. I am only on this forum as i have just purchased a 01 husky cr125 a project bike and was doing some research.