1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Note to BMW/HVA

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ohmygewd, Oct 17, 2012.

1. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    This is the point where someone tells us the WR250/300 is a fine bike and what's your problem. I'm on a Husaberg TE250 2T, because Husky has dropped the ball so badly in this area. As I've said many times.... If Husky could build a whole new frame and bike for the BMW G450X engine, they could have figured out how to fit the right drive 250/300 engine in a new style semi-perimeter frame and put the "old' 6 speed back in.

It's been 5 years since BMW took over Husky and we've heard an updated WR250/300 was coming. Even if an "all new" one appears next year (I'm still doubting!), Husky could have sold a bunch of "updated" ones in the last few years. I have a couple of friends who race HS and enduros, who are going back to a Gas Gas 300 because of the lack of an updated bike.

Sherco and Beta have these new 2 strokes developed in short order and they are not DI. I think DI 2T bikes are a little further off than we were led to believe. Husky has pretty much given the 250/300 2T market to everyone else and it's growing again, as people see the cost of racing and riding 4T bikes.
    john01, WHITEROCKET5.9 and ohmygewd like this.
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Intresting product upon following the link in post #1.

I am a little confused Am I supposed to purchace microsoft office in order to read the specifications which they show (What looks like) an adobe acrobat icon for. How wide ratio ratio six speed is in this beta? Like Norm says why Husky doesn't currently use the semi cloose ratio six speed from years back with an appropriate primary drive is quite puzzling.

They seperate off the main exhaust port and the boost port as to how they can be opened. They claim adjustability but do you have a link as to significantly more detail?

I am guessing looking at where husky USA chose to locate their offices and the rules and regulations in that area answers in a way some of the questions posed in post #2. Responds to as I don't see any question marks in the text.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    As long as you know that I'll save my fingers. :p
  5. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    So, if Husky WR's are so rubbish, how come lots are still sold ? Never in all of the years of racing and owning Husky has there been any major problems more than can be said of other makes.
  6. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Because they are cheap. My wife rides a 2011 GasGas 250 and it's ridiculous how much better it is than the Wr. Husky has dropped the ball in the 250 300 arena.
    john01 likes this.
  7. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    That is a real good looking machine. And since Beta RR's tend to get raging reviews, I am willing to be that it is fricking awesome! good for them!!
  8. 080 Guest

Cheaper in price not quality, which they can afford because they haven't put any R&D cost into it. Agreed that they need to step it up at least to the piont of matching their compediters (6-speed/elect start) etc. How is the GasGas better? The ones I've ridden I haven't been to impressed with.
  9. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    It's a nice looking bike, but besides the E-start and 6 speed trans, which would be great, what makes it much better than the Husky? Steel frame and same claimed weight as the WR.
  10. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    i ride most weekends here in the uk green laning and most of the bikes are ktm,husky,yam wr,ttr,honda xr,crf but very few gag gas why because the support is poor and the machines have many parts variants when they are manufactured.
  11. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    The fact that the CUSTOMER has the choice of an e-start??!!

I'm on the same page with Norman....you cannot, in any business, allow your product to remain at a stand still when your competitors are at or have surpassed you!! It is seems to be that BMW are treating their 2t customers with contempt by recycling an outdated motorcycle and expect brand loyalty. Every other competitor apart from TM have an e-start, ever competitor have totally redesigned their model.

WR250/300...great motor but fairing updates, ignition and KYB shockers over 5 years...com'on, FFS they couldn't even redesign the kick starter lever..same fucking kicker on my 96 model is still being used in 2013!!!
  12. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I digress a bit, Was at a new holland tractor place lately, they now have stacks of shipping boxes with can am all over them, someone with can am clothing walking into the back. Whatever that huge corporation that once made can am motorcycles has chosen to make can am quads or four wheelers or atv and aren't they in the polaris and victory products also.

There is a lot of uncertianty in future regulatory environments.

I am not so sure they are treating the customer with contempt. My idea of contempt would be selling a product then shortly not offering parts for it in just a few years. An example of contempt would be the radiator issue with some of the four strokes a number of years back where they kept selling the customer more of the same radiator but upon joining this discussion group one learns that for $20 more there was a non deficient choice right in their parts. They seem to make a product they can put a top rider on and get trophies for the marque. There isn't any rules you have to use the same forks as the show room models etc.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    What is your point ohmygewd?

What is the point of advertising bikes other than a Husqvarna on a Husqvarna web site? This crap is really getting old to me, if no one else ... Are you getting a kick back? Are you helping a friend? What is your agenda? Spit it out ...

Why the non-stop bitching and crying over a Husky 2T bikes? Your words are old and 99.999% of us cannot change the bikes ...Get an air ticket to GER and and confront the bmw powers ...Or at least ... take off ...
  14. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

The point is that forums like this are read by people at BMW. If people like you keep blowing sugar up their ass and buying their outdated products or IMHO crappy new products (see new 650) than nothing will change. They can sit back and regurgitate the same old product and the none of the profits go back into the product, smart business sense if you have a bunch of lemmings following you product.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    A few years ago, I resented the seeming constant barrage of Gas Gas love on CH. The owner of the site basically told me that.... we are adults with varied tastes and will own many different brands of motorcycles. Being a Husky Purist and promoting the Brand since the Swedish days, I chafed at this view, but now I embrace it.

Husky has made certain decisions about products, which I have no control over, so when I wanted an electric start 250 2 stroke.... I looked elsewhere. I'm very happy with my '12 Husaberg TE250 2T, as it's a great bike and a good marketing scheme to get old Husky guys to buy orange, but a blue variant. I've only mentioned the bike on CH in a minimal way, as not to offend people, but I'm not afraid to talk about it or.... Gas Gas, Beta, Sherco or TM, all nice bikes.

In my area, I see friends and racers decided not to buy the WR250/300 again or at all, because of lack of features and improvements, also lack of resale. I was in a KTM dealer who just picked up Husky yesterday and even with a price over $1000 lower for a '13 WR250 than a '13 KTM 250XC-W, the Husky is a hard sell. Reasons? Only a 5 speed and no electric start are the big ones.

I had stopped whinning until this thread popped up. I'll quit now and enjoy the nice features of my Husaberg.... I'm going riding this afternoon after work, raining or not!
    john01 and dave lindsey like this.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Read by people at bmw? lol ... I really doubt that or they do not care BECAUSE these same words about huskies have been written for YEARS here and no changes ... I'd say your ego is bigger that your melon.

Thats for all the extra Husky crap words ... And thanks for telling that multi-BIL $$ bmw company how to run a business ... Now take off to GER and do some real good and we'll all be impressed ... And if not, just take off ...
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Talk is one thing .. advertising and stepping on Huskies is another ...

What is the agenda? Why not go over there in fart-fart land and live in peace? I think some here are trolling ...
  18. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I assume by your reply your just another internet tough guy. Thanks for the laugh.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't think people are trolling. The CH Members I'm thinking of anyway.