1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

not husky...Moto Villa!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by suprize, Mar 19, 2017.

1. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    I plan to strip the engine and get it blasted and re powdercoated. that should sort it out.
  2. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    I just saw that non Husqvarna section, should I move it there? I don't get out much...:rolleyes:
  3. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Leave it here!
  4. ajcmbrown Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400WR 250WR 07 WR500 430AE 360AE
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 500CR Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    I hope it stays here.
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Good project! Can you still get parts?
  6. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    ok, ill leave it here. parts...the guy I purchased it from, grabbed the aussie importers stock of bits and pieces back in the 80's (which I am planning to stealthily purloin 1 part at a time;)) the villa factory or someone to do with it have restarted restoring bikes and some parts are available. I think I should be able to get it pretty tidy over a bit of time. the po tells me they resprayed the frames with ford "pepper red" which was a near identical match at the time so its probly the go to paint for the frame unless the Spanish can give me a paint code. ol mate has bearings seals gaskets etc so hoping to inspect the lower half without needing to chase parts o/s. the big end is sweet, the mains are tight, could probably just button her up and go forward but I feel I should do the engine seals and inspect the shift mechanism.
  7. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    I have a Rickman 125 for sale and someone offered me a Can-Am 320 trials bike to trade. The motor is an Italian Hilo-always wonder about parts. Looks like a great project and a lot of fun.
  8. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    best get a biiig box of popcorn, the Austin a30 motor has returned and its nxt on the project list:thumbsup:
  10. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ran an A35 round the town with the ends knocked out for 6 months and then sold it on, chuck it back together this weekend then crack on with the Moto V.
  11. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    good plan!, ill start tomorrow!
  12. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    47574813873716.jpg
    350 SN 1978 for sale in ITALY
    ajcmbrown likes this.
  13. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    earlier...79 I think with marzocci suspension and the pipe all on1 side...nice
  14. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    in a web site villa is 1980 ?
  15. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    2016-10-23-16.13.04.jpg
    38568389984797.jpg
    for sale 125 /1978
    with corte et cosso
    front forks
    (ITALY)
    GaryM likes this.
  16. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    I think (from my researches) the main difference btw the 79 and 80 was the thru the frame pipe. expansion chamber on the left side, muffler on the right side...
  17. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    7b6ee3a0-0e1d-11e7-899b-3861abd9901c.jpg
    for sale in Europe
    restored by Francesco
    VILLA himself !
    350 enduro 1977
    italie Roteglio
    web site
    www.catawiki.fr
  18. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    oooooooh..nice!
  19. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    well I have started...rolled the roller into the shed and started spinning the spanners from 6.00pm to 1030pm, I removed the wheels with thye back axle putting up a fight till I got it past the spacer, must ream it outa bit, clean the rust out. the front wheel axle slipped out easily, both wheels have some corrosion in the hubs but not to bad, bearings seem ok so just a clean up needed.

next I took the carb of its cables...Bing carby, never had a boing carb, took some figuring as to why the cable wouldn't come out the cap bit got it sorted. slide is clean, not too much wear at all. win there I rekon..
    the sludge that was the airfilter :eek: was collected and binned. need a new one of those...then the headlight, fiddly arrangement but got it off ok, wires unclipped and left with a bunch hanging..need to work out what they are all for I spose. PO has fitted a jap switch. was thinking I will use it then I see 1 bolt is a self tapping screw:mad:. ill see if there is any thread left for THE RIGHT BOLT!

pulled the forks out and then the headstem...top clamp came off nicely but the stem was stuck in the top bearing like the last Villa I pulled apart. Some persuasion with a nylon hammer and out it came :applause: thank JC as the other bike took two weeks to get the headstem out. the bearings and races are canasted so a new set required there.

pulled the back guard off, took a bit of fiddling to get the remains of the taillight off while wrestling a fat redback spider which had set up camp in the taillight. A burst of Sochioro Honda's best brake cleaner displaced her and she legged it to a meeting with a size nine boot. had to cut the taillight wires but ill need a whole unit, I think this one is past the replacing the lens stage.

took a very brittle sidecover off, it wont make the cut. removed the airbox and found it had a brake light switch attached..just a couple of 8mm nuts and bolts..how hard could that be?? 20 minutes hard work and serious back cramp! bugger of a thing..then I find the wires wont quite go through the gap in the frame..aaarrggh..pull the very stuck rubber cover up and see there is two wires with bolt connections...very rusty. leave them to soak overnite me thinks. got the airbox out then wrestled the swing arm bolt out..very tight for some reason. this has rubber bushes in the swing arm pivots so that rules out powdercoating I guess.

so now I have a pretty bare frame (except for the wiring) not bad for a few hours work. all the bolts and nuts are rusty but in good condition. I found two non genuine replacements so thats pretty good. the cables are in good condition and the wheels arnt a total disaster (yet ) got to get the rubber off em. pics are on the ph, will down load and pop a few up tomorrow.
    ajcmbrown and Autopilot like this.
  20. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    roughly in line with the blurb above...wheels 20170429_132237.jpg 20170429_175113.jpg 20170429_175126.jpg 20170429_175143.jpg 20170429_132237.jpg
    Husky-Nut, ajcmbrown and justintendo like this.