Northwest Fall Gathering in Bend ?

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Russ Henry, May 27, 2014.

1. Bugsinteeth Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450, TXC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT600
    Gents,

It's not looking good for me to make the fall gathering. I would say 50-50 at this point.

I hope you all have a fantastic ride if I'm not there ripping it up too!

If I don't make the trip down I will keep it on the radar for next year for sure.

I will also remember to bring some Sleeman's for my American amigos.

Regards,

Paul N.
    buttstock and JonXX like this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Wow, you made the drive? I'm working in your neck o the woods on Broadcast Peak today. Please post some pics, you seem especially good at documenting your adventures.
    Johnrg likes this.
  3. darnold87 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 SM610 Adventure
    No riding pics yet??? I can't remember though, is there no cell service out there?
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    We rode today. Was most excellent. I am staying in Bend and at the Deschutes brewery now. I didn't get but a couple of photos. There may be a ride video though. 5 of us did an awesome 40 miler after the rains stopped. No cell out there till almost back in Bend but a few of us in town so maybe they will post a few.

Full logs were on the fire all day as it continued to rain. A large contingent went out in the rain but us primadonnas stayed dry till the rain stopped, and then we rode...

WP_20141024_11_18_43_Pro__highres.jpg

Funny thing though, even with local guides, maps were checked 10 times in 5 miles. Eventually we just went back to camp and started a second time from there where the trail out was known...

WP_20141024_14_31_18_Pro__highres.jpg

And that's all the photos I got. I was mid pack but chasing and trying not to slow the crew so not much time to photograph.
    oregonsage, Kevin_TE250 and BILLF like this.
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Its been a long week at work, and more to do this weekend so I'm not going to make it over the hill. Rain and China Hat......perfect!!
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  6. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trails were great and no dust.....great traction.....must be what heaven is like..... :)
    Phaeton and JonXX like this.
  7. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Another 40+ miles in today (and more map checking and returning to camp... :rolleyes: ) in between gale force winds and torrential rain. We lucked out timing our ride getting back to camp before the rain hit hard.

A good run group today with Kelly joining us...

WP_20141025_13_25_02_Pro__highres.jpg

Kelly testing out the AJP on some suicidal rock outcropping while we all questioned his sanity (and after he dropped the bike up there)...

WP_20141025_14_11_05_Pro__highres.jpg

Back at camp on Saturday...

WP_20141025_16_50_47_Pro__highres.jpg

The fire was great for drying out. Bill showed up this afternoon and hope he gets some riding time tomorrow...

WP_20141025_16_51_09_Pro__highres.jpg

So despite what some feel may be bad weather it was perfect trail conditions at China Hat, and I am sure glad to have a hot shower tonight!
  8. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

9. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GASGAS EC 300 2007 KTM 200 XC
    My son Ryan and I had a great time. We had an awesome ride on Friday there were 14 of us and the trails were perfect. Saturday we rode a couple of the bikes that Bryon brought. The GG 300 and Husky TC250. The 300 has awesome power and is super narrow, really liked that. The Husky made good power and Ryan was all smiles. Then we mounted up on our trusty steads and headed out for a 54 mile loop. Ryan actually watched a tree fall from the wind and we cleared a couple of the smaller ones that fell across the trail. When we returned the wind was blowing like crazy. Ryan got some dirt in his eye and we could not get it out. So we loaded up and headed to urgent care. The drive in was sketchy with the wind and rain. I was feeling for the campground. There is no wind this morning and clear sky's. For those that stayed it should be an awesome day of riding.

It was a pleasure meeting and riding with all that we could. We meet a lot of awesome people. There were so many more to meet just not enough time. Not sure how many showed but is was many.

For those of you who meet us and those that didn't any time you want to come over here and ride just let us know we would be glad to ride with you!
    Motosportz and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  10. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GASGAS EC 300 2007 KTM 200 XC
    Thanks Scott more of this please.

With the wind probably trees down everywhere. I will PM you with the ones I know of.
    SM113 likes this.
  11. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    We ran across 3 out about 15 miles. We rode 30 and on a couple of connectors returning found two blowdowns and maybe a 3rd when we reconnected to 30. Not big ones.
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  12. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Just got home and am downloading pics and vid I'll post later. We got a lot of miles in! And in the three years that I've come to this, there's now been every kind of weather conceivable haha. Yeah a little breezy (two or three ez-up's destroyed) and dribbly (had to cut a few shallow drains across camp) this time, but the trails were truly EPIC. And though we were on some of torn up trails from the previous weekend's race course, that was contrasted by a lot of very freshly groomed awesomeness (really great work on 50 guys! That was a blast!).
    r6jon, SM113, darnold87 and 7 others like this.
  13. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    it was perfect this morning 5 of us clicked off about 35 miles at great pace what a blast Thanks to Our Bryon everyone who helped pick up camp so ole BILLF could put more miles on in one fast paced morning ride than all miles total I have got to put on in the last 3 years sun and light snow and no dust made it perfect!! Thanks Val,Davy.Monty and Kelly for making my weekend out there.
  14. darnold87 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 SM610 Adventure
    BILL - so glad you came out with us on the ride Sunday morning! It was perfect conditions. I have some good pics and video while chasing you through the switchbacks and out in that high speed open section! You are not easy to keep up with! :) - haha - What a blast...
    [I'll post some stuff tonight]
    JonXX, BILLF and LandofMotards like this.
  15. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    YEAH MISSED A FEW SWITCHBACK CORNERS CLEARED SOME BRUSH FUN FUN FUN!. I WANT TO GO BACK WITH ADAM AND A COUPLE GUYS IN MIDWEEK SOON BEFORE TOO NASTY.
    JonXX, tom bean, Motosportz and 3 others like this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bill, I completely missed you. the conditions were so good I could not get off my bike for more then a few seconds. Rode your bike too. :>) Bike report coming.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Let me know when you do that would love to join you guys.
  18. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    10710828_726049044141279_4444465415247437561_n.jpg HERE WE ARE BACK AT BMP TRADING POST READY TO DEAL
    Motosportz, r6jon, JonXX and 7 others like this.
  19. MBGraphix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    16' 701 & 13' TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    08' CR125
    BILLF likes this.
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    With the coolest hats ever :)
    BILLF likes this.