New Te 630 owner - How do you remove the seat?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Scott Eldredge, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Scott Eldredge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F850 GSA. Gas Gas Txt 300
    I turn the key clockwise to release the latch and tug and pull and push and nothing happens except I move the bike a little bit and the @%^#$#! kick stand slaps up. Again. I hope the people who OK'd that design have been brought to justice.

And I need the sound killer insert for a LeoVince single exhaust, should anyone have one.
  2. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/repacking-obsolete-leo-vince-x3.90917/ This owners solution to the insert.

For the kick stand remove the self retracting spring and cut off the pin.

For the seat I hold the key to open and then push down on the seat over top of the latch. This works for me but yours may require different magic.

I did mention this bike is an unfinished project from the manufacture. Trust me you will learn to love it!
  3. Scott Eldredge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F850 GSA. Gas Gas Txt 300
    The key was only turning part way in the lock to the seat. The key/release setup seemed somewhat flimsy so I didn't want to twist too hard. But I finally got it to go all the way and the seat came right off. Tomorrow I cut off the pin. What an irritant.

There are no sound killers in the US, but I found a number of sites in EU that had lots of them, but none that would sell to the US (don't think I would either) or Norway, where I have a friend. I finally found a Swiss site that delivers only to Switzerland, Lichtenstein, UK, and Norway! Part is making its way here. However, I don't think it will make as much difference as I'd like. Thanks for the sound link. I may end attaching one of those to the LV piece.
  4. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

I vaguely remember something like that happening. At the key lock end something had happened at the rotating lever end to block it from rotating fully or something blocking at the latch end. This was a long time ago and all I can remember. I'm sure you looked at that when you finally go the seat off.

Post up a full picture of your bike. I have mine set up with a red Safari for some distance touring. Lots of other goodies too.
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I had a local exhaust guy knock up some DB killers for my Arrow cans. If the part doesn't make it, try that.