Repacking obsolete Leo Vince X3 ?

Discussion in '610/630' started by hollywoodcrash, Jul 16, 2020.

1. hollywoodcrash Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 Husqvarna SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 KTM EXC300, 1972 Honda SL100
    Hello,
    The loudness is getting to me, and I'm hearing about it from my neighbours and riding buddies. I have an oval, titanium X3 Leo vince, 4 bolt end cap, silencer that is too loud. It is an outdated, unsupported item by the manufacturer for my '06 SM610.
    Has anyone used FMF 4 stroke packing material to repack their silencer? Or, any other ways besides repacking to make it quieter? I already made a DIY spark arrestor for it.
    Thanks.
  2. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    The FMF packing will work just fine.
    hollywoodcrash likes this.
  3. hollywoodcrash Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 Husqvarna SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Update-FMF repacking didn't do much for overall loudness of X3 exhaust. So then I installed a Drag Specialties baffle inside the silencer, had to drill holes to attach it in there, and made a very large difference, overall much quieter. This should help with ear and overall fatigue on long trips like the 17 hours riding in two days we just did this past weekend. Hard to do much with the obsolete 4 bolt end cap Leo Vince.
  4. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    How many Km’s on the LV ? I have the full Ti Leo Vince exhaust on mine and wonder what I should expect? Assuming that it uses the same muffler?
  5. hollywoodcrash Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 Husqvarna SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think upwards of 10000 kms on the Leo Vince, but I'm at least the third owner and since March have been constantly working on the bike to make it to my liking/correct previous owner syndrome. The repack of the FMF material went well, as our systems are attached with allen bolts, not rivets. But it definitely didn't do much to the loudness. The baffle really quietened the system down, I'll attach a photo of when I was just fitting it together and checking it out, the part is Drag Specialties DS-202019 Steel Baffle - 1-3/4"
    Only caveat is I only have one hour riding, but exhaust wasn't any hotter than I expected, bike ran fine.

Attached Files:

6. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Thank you!
  7. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Your tinnitus thanks you. Nice job! Hope it doesn't affect the HP output.