New Husky Owner...2008 610te Restoration!!!

Discussion in '610/630' started by bunyips, Sep 13, 2021.

1. bunyips Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 610 IE
    Hey People... Long time between posts. I actually wrote a lengthy one a while back and didnt save and lost it. Here we go again. About two months ago I sorted the fuel pump/filter etc issue. Fixed the dreaded spinning brass tank inserts for the pump assembly... Tires done..etc etc... Started it up. Fired up really quick. Bit of back firing going on. I took the throttle body off and apparently this resets the ecu. I am waiting on a cheap laptop i bought to map the mikuni to the Barret exhaust . Have the correct cables and ibeat program ready to go. Anyway. Took the bike for a spin. Left it run for a while idling. Fan turned on. All good. Took it for a blat up my local road and it stopped. The One thing I did not tighten up correctly was the positive terminal on the battery. Don't worry i kicked myself sideways!!! Did the bolt up tight on the side of the road. Started the bike again and rode maybe 100 meters and that is the last time it ran. Checked the coil and primary winding was in spec. No reading for the secondary winding. Ordered a new coil. Already had a new iridium plug in it. The plug cap also had no reading. So after a lot of dicking around as you cannot order the original plug cap i got a equivilent plug cap and new lead. Put it all back together 2 days ago . It has spark from the plug to cylinder head whilst winding over. Seems a little intermittent. But it just will not fire. Has fuel, spark... New battery fully charged. The only thing I can think of is the Pick-up Pulse coil in the stator. Do I need to take the stator cover off to test this part. I can order one out of the US for $50 delivered. Will post this on fb as well in the hopes of someone knowing if this could be the problem. Otherwise i have somehow fried the ECU... Hoping this is not the case. But it does have spark. Appreciate any advice in advance. I know i am close to getting the thing back on the road. Falling over the finish line. Still a nice bike. have cleaned everything including most electrical weak spots. Cheers
  2. davethegoat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 610
    Did you clean the injector?
  3. bunyips Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 610 IE
    Nope!! Dang it!! Looks like that Pain in butt tank is coming off again...!!! I did think about doing that whilst I had it all in bits and did not pull the trigger... Was a bit worried about my mechanical skills of getting it back together right. Will give it a go. Cheers!!
  4. davethegoat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 610
    I hear you. It is probably partially clogged due to the bad gas that was in it previously. I had the same issue on mine. The bike died one day and wouldn't restart. Cleaned the injector and she fired right up. Once the seat and tank is off, it's not hard to get the injector out. It's two screws holding it in
    They are very tight and I would suggest using an impact screwdriver and lots of penetrating lubrication, so you don't strip them. Once out, to clean the injector itself, you will need a nine volt battery, some short wire leads, and some hoses to fit tightly on the injector on one end and the straw from the aerosol can of carb clean on the other. There are loads of videos on youtube on people doing just this. On my injector, I was amazed at how dribbling the spray was at first spray, but it soon cleared up into a nice canned out spray pattern as it should be. Hope this helps.
  5. bunyips Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 610 IE
    Thanks for that info Dave, I ended up taking the injector and the rail to a shop up north of me to get it cleaned professionally. $30 and guy said the pulse is good. Replaced it on the bike and still no joy. I recieved the Stator Coil Pickup last week so decided to have a go at changing that this afternoon. Took the Stator cover off and found a small amount of metal paste on top of the pickup coil and also covering the actual magnet itself. Tried to remove the Pickup but could not get the two allen bolts to budge. Did not want to try to hard and break them so decided to just clean it up properly, put new oil in (changed the oil filter while i was at it) and fire it up and see if the metal paste was the problem. Had a good look at the oil I removed from the bike as it was in a large bucket underneath the frame to check that i didn't drop any parts from the Stator etc...I did find what is in the photo. No idea what it is or where it came from. I am hoping someone on here has an idea of what on earth that is. As I said. I had the Stator cover off and it may have fallen out of that as It got quite a jiggling to get the cover off and back on. One day this bike shall just fire up and I can actually ride it ;)

Attached Files:

6. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
  7. bunyips Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 610 IE