1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New 13 TXC 310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I know what you mean, mine didn't speak to me for a day!

I have been kicking around about installing those flush type grease fittings in my linkage/swing arm, so I can use a grease gun needle?

I use the needles quite a bit, since the cars/trucks come with those ungreasable ball joints/tie rod ends. I just peirce the boot on the back side of them and pump them full of grease. Since I put on alot of miles, seems to make them last longer.

I was really shocked that the front wheel bearings (SKF) had almost no grease in them, under seal. The rear ones were fine.

Sounds like my suspension will be done today :applause:. I will post results when I get them back and get some seat time. I know they went up on springs front and rear and sounds like, only some minor changes to shims. They said those KYB's are a really good platform from the get go.
  2. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I've had mine out several times now. The subframe needs to come off. No way around it that I can find. After that it is three bolts. You need to drop the link on the bottom to get to the shock bolt. Then just remove the shock bolts and pull the shock out.
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The shock on the X-light will come out without removing sub-frame bolts. With bike on stand just take dog bone bolt loose, lower shock bolt, and then put something under the rear wheel to support it about 2/3 through the stroke. Take out upper shock bolt and then while working on the right side of the bike you want to turn your shock reservoir I believe to counter clockwise and work it out through the bottom. Sometimes you may have to take your knee and put it under the swingarm to move it to get it just right to remove shock but after doing this a few times it's pretty easy. One other tip is when you put your bike on the stand to be sure the stand is further forward on your frame rails, this gives the dog bone a little further to get out of the way.

Nice looking bike, shorai is my choice on light weight batteries now. Mine has been very reliable. Only issue is like others have said, they do not work well when cold in morning. These batteries actually get more juice as they build up with heat from cranking.
    JAM, dartyppyt and Motosportz like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yet you manned up and got the bike anyway :thumbsup:

Even the ones that are "fine" and have that white crap needs washed out and filled with water proof Belray or the like IMHO.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    wicked nice can lettering.

darty you ever sleep or what man??
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx, glad you are back! Just remember, 4st stroke is boomchuggalugga boom, paroop dangdang!

I get always get a laugh out of your bike descriptions with letters you sound out.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kelly, better find your bifocals. You missed the battery section. Got any imput on batteries?
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    rrrrroger dat.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    tried two of them, both failed, run stock ones now. Was not any of the brands you posted and was an earlier version. Do not really know much about these. Pissed me off to have two trail failures that ended my day so I will stick with what I know works.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    bifocals, decaffe, jeeze, whats next.....dentugrip?
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Power scooters in nursing home with Husky logos someday!
    pvduke likes this.
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    oh snap...no you didnt! lol.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My wife already sees that coming. :D Team races in ISDE format is not out of the question. I need an old folks home with a lot of hall ways that loop back.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  14. birdy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    That was something I was looking for, thanks pal. Sounds a bit compicated but I hope to manage it... I will just try and then let you know how it worked. Right now we have have tons of snow here in Germany and I'm afraid my new red head has to wait for a bit... But after 5h I will bring my boinkers to service. Did that on every bike and I love it. People are discussing about the intervals of changing motor oil in detail and often forget that 60% of the fun is the chassis... Pretty often run in riders who are going out with bikes that never had a service on the boinkers, WTF?!

Coming back to the Shorai battery. You can choose between the little and the big one, both are fitting into the original space. I chose the big one with 14 ah (which is an equivalent of bla bla bla normal battery). That one is cranking like hell. The lowest temeparture where I tried it was below 5°C, no probs.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  15. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Taking the subframe off is a piece of cake, and makes shock removal simple.
  16. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx for all imput so far Husky brothers! :thumbsup:

I put a 49 rear sprocket on tonight to see if it spaces out the first 3 gears a bit. I think I get all three Pogo sticks Friday.

For 205lbs, they put .48 springs front and 5.6 rear. Oil height is set at 340mm. Hope I can take it for a test ride.

I will also post a lil trick I do on front forks, so there are no stiction issues.
  17. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    [IMG]

Umm, excuse me, Sir. Using your bike as a clothes hanger?!?!? That's what KTM's are for. Please say 3 Hail Mary's, 2 Our Father's, and buy some wheel rim tape and your penance will be served.
    JAM likes this.
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh yeah, didn't think about that. What colors? Silver,black and red husky logos? Black with silver and red logos?

What you think would look Good?

I just put the red/black rear sprocket on. I also moved my 310 decals down sides of white fork protectors.

My son better get working on his if he plans to race. He wants new graphics/black frame.
    JAM likes this.
  19. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    [/quote]
    Tessier?

Is yours 4 or 8 Cell? I measured last night and doesn't look like 8 cell fits in box? Could be a bifocal glasses issue on my end.

[/quote]

Mine is an 8 cell I can grab a pic tonight it fits just fine in the stock battery holder. Part number was 100-011 I ended up ordering it from amazon and paid $137.67 with free shipping. My local shop loves Shorai batteries but I like the made is the USA thing enough to go the ballistic route.
  20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds great! If it is not too much trouble.