Neckbraces who's wearing them..??

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Troy F Collins, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    My brace arrives today....I got a smokin deal on an EVS...maybe its not as good as the leatt..??? I dont know...it was price matched at MC superstore at 150 bills...the leatt adventure is about 225 bills.....

I understand the viewpoints of all posts on here...its like airbags..some will always argue that the airbag will only kill you...and never consider the hundreds of thousands of lives saved because of them.....however......I have to say that from my chest protector to knee and elbow pads..back protector etc....after one ride....I dont even know I am wearing the things....you forget about it.....I am hoping the race collar will eventually be like that as well...

I am old enough to know that no matter how good you are as a rider.....things happen

You can ride for years and never have a problem.....but sometimes your luck runs out.....just last summer I was running some laps at the track...I kept on hearing this guy buzzing around behind me on a CRF..after a few laps.. I figured he was probably quicker than me..so I let him pass......two corners later....I was wrong...I ended up beside him for a re pass in some deep corner ruts......then he screwed up and took me down.......

never under-estimate good protection.....

remember those old safety commercials in the 70's about the motorcyclists who thought helmets where gay "hey man all they do is mess up my hair " or " I cant hear nothin man"........lol safety has come a long way

thanks Tim and Bobby and others for your great info.......
  2. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've used a Leatt since last summer. Was fortunate to get a good used one that only had been used a few times, so I saved some cash.
    These are very well designed and built units. Honestly, I don't even know I'm wearing it when riding. It's light, comfortable and fits well.
    Hope I don't have to really 'test' it, but I'm glad it's on my shoulders when riding. I personally know some people that are now wheelchair bound due to head first landings. The Leatt wasn't invented yet when they had their incidents, but if you ask them if they would have liked one, the answer is obvious.

A few hundred$$ is crazy cheap insurance.

SP
  3. husky rabbit Husqvarna

My boys and I wear the football type of neckbraces from six six one. I've been wearing mine for at least five years. Its saved me once when I flipped my self over the bars and into a pile of rocks, at the end of a bomb run. Its attached to my chestprotector and I don't feel it. It will save a collarbone someday I'm sure of it.

I also have been wearing football thigh pads, very light and durable. They fit right in the pockets of my under armor riding shorts. May save a femur someday.:cheers: