1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

MY12 - TE250/310 Battery Mount

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by River-Runner, Mar 20, 2017.

1. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    I put a new Earth-X in our 310, but I couldn't really see a good way to hold it in solid. I've got this mismash of zipties that holds it down, but I have to destroy the zipties to change the filter or remove the battery.

I would very much appreciate a photo of how you made a solid mount from what you had to work with.

Thank you very much.

RR
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    See my photo here... http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/13-te-310-long-term.78443/#post-507552

Create two loops that go through the drain holes on the rear fender shelf and move to the sides. Stick one of the adhesive foam pads to the bottom of the battery so it grips the shelf. I am not using the stock tray and I like the battery sitting lower than stock as it is away from possible contact with frame cross member. I also use a neoprene pad placed between battery and fender (old piece of wetsuit). Place battery and slide zip ties onto shoulders of battery and make sure they are snug. Solid and easy to slide loops aside and remove battery. I have replaced the zip ties once maybe. Otherwise never come loose or been an issue. When I first got the EarthX I was a bit miffed on how to secure it and had another zip tie across the front to hold it back but was unnecessary. On my 2nd EarthX and 3+ years later. All good.
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I used these elastic stretch ties I found at Home Depot a while ago.

They just stretch out of the way to remove the battery to change the air filter.

The problem is I can't find them again!
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    drill holes in the ribs on the inner fender and ziptie the thing in place also add an old inner tube wrap or other barrier to prevent dirt chafe cutting into battery and add high density close cell foam as well. example , we went on and on with this , from a 4 cell test battery from ballistic that lasted a few months then they gave me the 8 cell.
    TE310 Battery 8 cell mount 1st set up.jpg
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    another example, this was the first install after removing the lead acid battery we threw in a 4 cell ballistic (CV4 same) trying to super super light. It was good for couple months but died fast and Ballistic sent me an 8 cell , no charge for the R&D test.
    TE310 Battery 1st set up  4 cell.jpg
  6. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    Thanks folks, I'll keep using zip ties too.....
  7. MorganD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501 17&19,TE310R 13&14,TE250 2010
    If you do like this you don't have to use zip ties.
    Batteri_001.JPG Batteri_002.JPG