1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC My subframe is coming apart - better check yours!

Discussion in '4st' started by Scott Howard, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Mech_Dean Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    MAXSYM 400i, GTR 1400, BMW R1200T
    I am starting to have the same issue of the left subframe gapping away from the airbox. Applied a black silicone for now. Hoping it will last for at least till the monsoon is over.
    Can anyone guide me to places where I can get me a new L/S subframe please. Thanks guys!
  2. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    The post before yours from Robert suggests disassembly and reassembly with silicone which fixed gap. Says due to flex it becomes out of alignment. That would probably be the cheapest way to go rather than replacing the whole rear sub frame
  3. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    My "15 FE 501 subframe is still not showing a gap or any separation between the side and the middle composite sections.

thumbnail_20171123_114054_resized.jpg thumbnail_20171123_114102_resized.jpg
    Teambowles likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    my 2014 started to come apart, when it was up at ZipTy Racing for other stuff I had the Ty team remove it and get it back in order. They need to be removed and get all the fasteners back in order after getting it free and aligned. Its really not that big of a deal. Some start to open up many dont. Mine did and with some mechanical adjustment/ maintenace with some sealant it was back dialed in and remained that way until I sold it.
    Teambowles and Big Timmy like this.