1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc My second 165 kitted bike and it's the frankenbike...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No problem Toro, thank you.

sorry Spud, I know you did not tell me I could talk yet. :p
    Kevin_TE250 and spud1968 like this.
  2. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

steadydirt, wallybean and huskybear like this.
  3. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Go get em Spud.
  4. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Enjoy the race, and hope you do well.
  5. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Update: My suspension felt really good thanks to Vinduro.:thumbsup: That TMX is crap I need that Lectron when you can get it to me kelly. :D The new clutch felt really good the bike was great to ride and that reflected in my pace.........

So the race........I think i've finally cracked being able to ride with the Experts, even though i'm a clubman only 5 riders come past in 3hrs and 150 riders riding. Its looking like i did the same amount of laps as the top guys, but had run over on time. Doing the same amount of laps as i suspect the winner is a first for me. The results should be out Wednesday - Thursday:applause: .
    john01 likes this.
  6. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Well done Spud
    What was the weather like? its not stopped Peeing down here all day long
  7. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks John. The weather was overcast with a little rain just before the start.
  8. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Race results: 14th overall, 2nd in my class:thumbsup: ......Could it have been better with the Lectron i dont know. I'm really pleased with this result and look forward to making further improvements as I get a little more knowledge on how to ride my 165.

Back to topic, so whats new on the 165 front?
    sabortooth, wallybean and TROFFER88 like this.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats! I would get the lectron; I hate jetting.
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Once you mount the Lectron, I don't know that there is a better motor out there especially as it is mounted in that delectable 09 and later 125 frame. I am sure that there will be other stuff coming but right now I am just trying to keep up. I am envisioning an auto-skyhook option. It would automatically pick up your bike for you when you happen to actually fall. Also looking into the auto inflate/deflate personal protective air bag. Add those to my one week 40# weight loss regime and this year is looking up. :D
    Kevin_TE250, john01 and spud1968 like this.
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sign me up for the WB weight loss program; I like stuff to happen in a hurry :D.
    wallybean likes this.
  12. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Man, Would I love that auto sky hook mod :p

Robert-Jan
  13. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What ever your saying i want it, how much ££?
  14. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Let me make this nice and short. WB165 + FMF 200 pipe + Lectron = :notworthy::):p:D:eek::cheers::thumbsup::applause::banana:

Walt and Kelly....you guys are the bomb You guys have assembled the PERFECT combination.

My freinds and I installed the kit last night. The bike started on the second kick, raised the idle just a tad, then bliped the throttle and the 3 of us were :thumbsup:. Put it into gear, let it idle in gear a few minutes (Rekluse clutch), a little blip and the front wheel goes straight up...holly shit, this setup has NOW POWER from dead idle. I can't wait till I break this motor in and let her rip. WOW

Thank you Walt and Kelly
    sabortooth, johnnyboy and john01 like this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No thank you man for plopping down your hard earned money to try it. Wait until you actually get a ride. I shake my head in disbelief how good it is every time I ride my bike now. Great stuff.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Little update on the 165 front. I love the Doma KTM200 pipe I am running on this bike but scored a KTM 200 FMF SST pipe and muffler on Ebay for almost free a while back and have been wanting to try it. I cut the head pipe, welded up the husky one and mangled it on there, might even be some zip ties involved :>) I have 2 rides on this configuration right now. It performs as advertised. This is a MX pipe and supposed to be tuned for top end. The over all feel is less bottom and mod and lot of top end. Feels like a 125 again but with a good bit more everywhere. This is about what I expected. I was a little disappointed at first and don't think it works as well as the Doma which has smother and more overall power especially mid range. But the more i road it the more I liked it. I do miss the mid range snap some but as i have been riding slick clay the lack of bottom is actually kinda nice at times. Gives a traction control like feeling, will keep pulling but does not end to light up the rear tire like the Doma will. Also find the top end rush kinda fun where the Doma is more linear bottom to top this pipe is soft bottom, OK mid and rips on top. I think Buddy Blake would like this pipe. the Doma might go back on at some point but i think I'll ride it like this a few more rides.

Next up I raised the forks int he triple clamp. Should have done this a long time ago :eek: Am at the second line not and defiantly gained some accuracy and corning traction. Also backed off on the clickers front and rear for where I was riding last time. The setup was near magic. With the soft bottom the motor pushed the front end around less and the raised forks (lower front end) combined to make this a very good turning bike.

Fun stuff.