May 2014 China Hat ride

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Russ Henry, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    BTW I highly recommend this smartphone app. You can load the trail map and your phone GPS will locate you on the map. Not all maps are GPS enabled but most are. You can load all sorts of maps for everything from the tillamook burn trails to bike trails... gobs of maps. GREAT app.

http://www.mobilemaplets.com/
    JonXX likes this.
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I will have to give that a try.
  3. buttstock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husky Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 GasGas 300XC, 2002 Rokon
    When are you going to be there Russ?
  4. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    late Wed
  5. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I'll be there Thursday afternoon. I'll have a couple more coming either Friday night or Saturday.
  6. Dr Klaun Husqvarna
    A Class

I'll be coming by Saturday morning. Looking forward to meeting some Husky folks!

Just so I'm clear, the camp is at the regular Road 25 camping area, or some other spot from Trail 43?

What's the estimated leave time on Saturday morning?

Thanks!

Matt
  7. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GASGAS EC 300 2007 KTM 200 XC
    This is the best way I can describe directions to the camp they are planing on staying at.

Come in on the 25 road from Millican. After you pass the 2510 road on your left then go approx 1/4 mile. It is a dirt road off to the left. There is a big rock off to the left just before the road. If you get to the Large (you can't miss it) camping spot on the RIGHT side of the 25 road you went to far.

If you come in off the 18 road it will be the first road to the right after you pass the Large (you can't miss it) camping spot on the Left.
    oregonsage likes this.
  8. Dr Klaun Husqvarna
    A Class

9. Auto5guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165, 2004 WB165, 1984 wr400
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Maico 400, 1974 Penton 400
    I should roll in before lunchtime on Friday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
  10. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Well the transmission in my van decided to oil the road on the Salem side of the Santiam Pass, so rather than going to Sisters, buying three cases of ATF and pushing it to China Hat (and risking a ticket that I couldn't beat) I turned around and am at home with the transmission two minutes from being on the ground (front pump seal). I'm hopeful that I'll have it repaired and on the road again by noon tomorrow (Friday).
  11. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    We are here waiting for you. Trails are really dry. Good reception for Verizon service
    You can see our camp from rd 25.
    JonXX likes this.
  12. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Should be out there in an hour or 2...me on the Beta, my buddy KTM. , and Everfree Husq..... don't think we are up for a hero ride ..still shaking off the winter cobwebs...
    JonXX likes this.
  13. Dr Klaun Husqvarna
    A Class

Hope everyone had a great ride today! Please post up plans or ideas for tomorrow and a rough departure time so I know how early I need to get there!

Thanks!
  14. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ended up staying with the wife at the hospital today so we are headed out at 7:30 in the morning. Not sure when the group is going to be up and rolling so a morning pre ride may be in order.
  15. Dr Klaun Husqvarna
    A Class

Here's my brief ride report!

I made it to the camp about 9am and everyone was out riding - awesome! One rider came in about 15 min's later - can't recall who - he was from Seattle with a nice WR300... In any case, we headed out to find the rest of the group. While I was a bit slower with my Safari'd TE610 full of fuel, he waited at all of the trail intersections (cool!) except for the last one at trail 20/24. I took a pretty good fall about a mile from there and broke my clutch lever as well as my left collarbone. Luckily, about 30 min's later, a couple of local ADV'ers came by to help out. They had noted a group of Huskys heading away a bit earlier....

I'm not trying to flame anyone too badly, but holy fu#k. If your riding with folks and they don't show up, you go back and check! This is rule #1-5 for off-raod riding!

Hope everyone else had a great day!

Matt
  16. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Bummer Matt. I am running late from Socal and had hoped to get up there by now and would have ridden a slower ride. Not knowing anyone, tough to know if there was anyone in the older slower group. Did not want to have your experience travelling solo. Hope you recover quickly. After riding Millican for a bit last summer in 100 degree temps and too much sand, wasn't sure if for me anyway.

I may just end up in the Gorge in 2 days and ride there in the deep woods. Or stop in Bend and ride my road bike and paddle a few days on the way up.

10377468_10202150603073769_814652538454022807_n.jpg
  17. Dr Klaun Husqvarna
    A Class

Give me a heads up if you stop here!
  18. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow Matt that sucks. Rule #1 no matter how fast you are. We stop at crossings and wait. If no one comes within a minute we shut the bike off and listen. If no one comes we head back down the trail at a slow high alert speed looking for on coming bikes.

My son in law, son and I got there around 8. The group was just getting ready to head out but were headed down the 25 paved road. We opted to hit the trails instead. Within a 1/4 mile there headed towards us. We pull off the trail and wait for them to pass buy. For future guys please signal how many riders are behind you. We got the wave 5 fingers from every one of them. We headed out to the black 45 trail for our warm up. After that we went to the 25 camp ground to see if there were any other huskys. There was a small camp with a couple KTMs so we headed out to the 41,40,50,60,32,38,36,30,40 back to the 41. When going back thru camp 25 we noticed the small camp there had a Husqvarna banner on there ez up but no one was there. Was hoping to meet up with Bill and demo some bikes. Maybe next time. This put us at 60 miles before noon. We had a great ride and pretty much rode the second loop of the ISDE course backwards. Tomorrow we are headed out to Cline Buttes hoping it will be a little less dusty.
  19. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Had a great ride weekend. Rode with Gramp yesterday and Matt today. What happened to the rest of you?
  20. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Late start yesterday ...stopped by and no one was around ..was with everfree and another buddy. Today another late start but got to ride with Gramps and Jon and one of his friends.....problems with flats and bikes in general today....so we cut it short...sorry we missed you Russ