1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Loving my 2013 TC 250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by ridemore, Dec 8, 2014.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

pretty simple four stroke high revs. Jumping while landing pinned equal engine failure equal BIG $$$$ two stroke equal Braaaap Braaaaap and Happiness no matter what the brand...........................:)
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My riding buddy's '10 TXC250, is a super solid bike.
  3. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think it all depends on riding style. My style sucks even when super slippery and nasty and you should be a gear high and torqueing it without wheelspin I tend to be a gear low and engine revved high no matter the size bike.... I do not think a four stroke with my riding habits and maintenance habits would live a plentiful life. I like them and the torque factor just grew up on two strokes and remember picking rocks all summer once to buy a brand new Honda CR 125 elsinore 1977 brand new for $725.00 Yea two strokes ROCK!!! For you guys that can ride the 450's fast your a better man then me.................
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not to burst your bubble but keep in mind your bike is a 13 and not a 15 even if new and with the extra money buy parts cause who knows what will happen. All modern dirtbikes new are in the 8K range and the firesale is many a reason why chapter 2 is done...................... But I hear ya. I miss the $2999 KDX I bought brand new in 1991 and the first day I rode it I put 140 miles on it yea Bang for the buck!!
    Ken Hynes and troy deck like this.
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i remember a $1399 OTD IT 175 F MAN THOSE WHERE THE DAYS:applause:
    reveille and Ken Hynes like this.
  6. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TC450. 10 TC250. 13 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    True. I haven't replied to this post in quite awhile. I've moved on. I can't cannot control what other people want to talk about.
    Can the thread starter delete or stop threads on this site?. I don't know? Still a relative newbie here. If everyone has had enough I'd be glad to do just that.
    We talked, we shared thoughts, done.
    One last thought, this belongs in a new thread of course. I heard Gas Gas and a China Co. bought the rights to the Italian Husky designs. Food for thought. I'm intrigued.
  7. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    Not necessarily. I have NEVER paid more than 5K for any dirt bike, including KTM. The trick is to never buy new, current model year bikes, regardless of brand. 250 or 450. I always wait for the left over blowout. IMHO, any amateur rider who pays top dollar for any bike has a few screws loose! Good for them that they can afford it, but why not wait for the blow out sale at the end of the year? It always comes. True, we may never see prices like the old Italian Huskys when they got blown out in the 4K range, but I Thank god I was patient and was able to buy two for the price of one when they did get blown out.
    My new KTM Husky I will tell you right now, I will buy one, but I will buy it and it will be in my garage for no more than 6K OTD. I'm allowing for some inflation.
  8. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    Ray Ray, I agree. Subject has run it's course. Question, can a thread be removed? Fairly new here, not sure.
    ray_ray likes this.
  9. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    For what it's worth: My 13 TC 250 R (I own two, but only ride one right now. The other I am "saving") have updated kick start shafts and modified decompression centrifugal. After that, this bike has been flawless. I ride only tracks. I love the technical rhythm sections and big jumps. I am 75% of the time 3rd or 4th gear pinned. Not one hick up. Not one hint of problems in 12 months of absolute abuse! My maintenance with a fine toothed comb is standard procedure.
    Like others said in this thread, any bike of any brand can have a gremlin or two that where there before the bike was even purchased. I've have one of those! But I would not condemn the whole lot because of only a very few that did have problems. If that where true, all bikes of all brands would be labeled POS.
    RickyDZero likes this.
  10. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    Meant to say "I have HAD one of those" :-) My 04 with crank bearing failure. Not my current bikes.
  11. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    Ridemore I agree with some of the things you have said and would like to ad, buying new bling does not make most of us any faster. Yes it is nice to get a new bike and they look cool and all,but, the only way we improve and get faster is seat time and proper suspension set-up for each individual rider. A friend of mine has finally got this point through to me and I believe he is right,but do not think for a minute I am going to tell him that.
    fletchman45 and ridemore like this.
  12. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    You hit it right on the head. Practice, Practice, Practice. Nothing will make you a better rider without it. I've been riding motocross since I was 8 years old. I am now 48. 40 years of riding and I am still learning. That's why I love this sport so much. Can remember like it was yesterday. First bike was a 1967 Kawasaki 120 two stroke with external fork springs! Dad yelled at me for breaking them after just a few hours.
  13. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    No aftermarket support I think is a big down fall to these Italian bikes. I've been searching for a clutch basket and hub for my 150 and I can't find one. Valves for the redhead are $130 each and a piston kit is $270. That's a lot of dough for a rebuild.
  14. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    Try Del West Valves and Wossner pistons. Better quality than stock IMHO and costs less on top of that! As for the basket and hub, don't know of any aftermarket parts. Try e-bay. Guys are constantly parting out perfectly good bikes because they can make more money from the individual parts than the entire bike. Might work in your case.
    High Society likes this.
  15. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    Question for you guys. I finally have a complaint (other than the kick start shaft) on the 13 TC 250R. Suspension is great for me on the big jumps, but went riding today on a track that got pretty rutted throughout the day I felt like the chatter from especially the rear end was too much. My spine still hurts! Felt like the rear end was kicking the hell out of me.
    I'm 160 lbs. and I'm running stock settings. Tried the high speed comp both + and -, still can't get rid of it! Should I just invest in having Pro circuit set it up properly for big bucks or are there some tricks you have heard of?
  16. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Pro X has pistons. Kibblewhite said they can make valves. I just need to fill out the custom order form.
    High Society likes this.
  17. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    I looked at them as well when I rebuilt my 2010 TC 250. After hours of research I opted for Del West and Wossner. CP was my first choice for pistons, but the price to me did not outweigh the Wossner. Del West for valves, you don't get any better than that! No substitute.
    Pro X does have some good choices. I did find Pro X affordable which is a definite plus. Just was worried about durability.
    Please keep us posted on what you think of Pro X for durability. May use them in the future if you have good results.
  18. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can someone expound on the "updated" kick start shaft?

My son's 2013 TC250R has something funky going on with the Kickstarter - as if it is misaligned.

Thanks -
  19. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Stronger. some people have had problem with the shaft breaking.
  20. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    No kidding. Got a 81 DT175 for $950 OTD new. I feel old now...:o