1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Loving my 2013 TC 250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by ridemore, Dec 8, 2014.

1. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TC450. 10 TC250. 13 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    Loved this bike so much, and the price, I bought two. $4300 OTD, I'll take that all day long! So far, one bike is still sitting brand new while I use and abuse the other. Of course after updating the kick start shaft to the larger one and fixing the sticking decompression lever, this bike has been perfect. Buy a new KTM/Husky for $10K, why? I have about $5k of extra cash to do whatever I want to the bike VS KTM/Husky. Not that it needs it but if I wanted I could do: All titanium bolts, works suspension, carbon fiber all over the place, engine and electronics upgrades. OK, now I'm at $10K just like a stock KTM/Husky. You think a new stock KTM/Husky can even come close to touching this bike now for the same amount of money invested?
    KTM, you are out of control with your prices.
  2. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    Correction. $4800 OTD. Checked my receipts. Damn, that only leaves me with $4,500 of left over cash Vs. KTM price to do with as I will.
  3. S-1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010 + TC250R 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bella Italia all the way!
    Agree! Got one of the last red heads and its a gem!!! Dont think I'll be any happier on austrian or jap bike - all the mx bike one needs in a slick package....and maybe, just maybe I should have gotten two as well - nice combo with my te450 from 2010 which has close to 7000k on it and rides fine, just maybe should have gotten that electronic tuning thingie everyone is raving about.....
    Bikesvinger likes this.
  4. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    If you mean the GET IT system. I've heard that the TC version doesn't really need it.
    On top of that, it is VERY expensive. For me, I am an intermediate to advanced rider and have no trouble with enough power.
    Love this bike
  5. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4

That is cool. I thought about buying one when my local dealer had them. I waited too long and they were gone, so now I have a $7000 (OTD) ktm/husky instead.
  6. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I just looked at my receipt, and an $80 kick stand and $50 trail sticker fee were in there. So... Mine was really $6870 OTD.

You paid $2070 less for yours, not $5200 less. I'm not trying to be a dick, just keeping it real.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm down with the 250cc TC models ... I've got 2 010 TC 250s I ride trails and some tracks .. Each a little different, both do me well ...

Got an 012 TC250 also but don't ride it alot across the mountains here ...I'm thinking about making a comeback into some of the MX racing here and this bike will be what I use ... There is a MX track here about 40 miles from me that is safe will be very good to practice and learn technique on ... I'm hoping to head up there and campout a few days and just ride it over and over ...

--
    Even when Husky finished last in most ~all ratings given by about ~any magazine except the EU ones, even the low-baller guys could not say the asian bikes turned as well as Husky ... I'll take a bikes that turns well in lots of different conditions over ~3 more ponies or what even the charts show ... I'm down with charts, but on the trail, I'm not riding a chart ...
    ridemore likes this.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Friend with '13 TC250, loves the bike, but was frustrated by 3 DNF's in our local enduro series. 2 broken kick start shafts, before the updated one and broken oil pump gears, causing a cam shaft seizure. Could happen to any bike, but has taken away from the bargain price. Last time we spoke, he was considering a TE300...
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That's too bad ...ESP on the kickers ... I watched a guy here break one off my bike ... He was over-kicking it but when it broke-off, the engine never moved when his #10 foot came down. The engine was sitting at TDC I think and in that ~locked position ... He just snapped it off...

Many might think these kickers snap off easily ...But I don't think so with my bikes...

1) When I received the bike that the kicker did break off of, that bike was a hard starter for the previous owner...It had been kicked so many times, the kicker was all loose and worn like it came off a bike 5 yrs old and not ~50 hrs... So, if the kicker broke easily, that one would have been toasted off long before I got the bike ...

2) Not sure if the second bike has had the updated kicker or not but it is sitting at 300 hrs also and I'm not broke it off yet. Its got a rekluse so no bump starting :( ...

Yes, since I am a long-term Husky owner, I'm buying 1 or 2 kickers for the future yrs to come. Don't wanna say I can't ride my bike (in the future) like I hear so many say here in CH due to <whatever>.

--

Seems like ROB had a oil-pump issue with his 310? That one is scary :( ... (My 08 WR250cc is always considered)
  10. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    If it is Really hard to kick, make sure you check your decomprssion lever on the camshaft. I felt something just wasn't right on mine and I kept kicking it anyway. Dumb me! After removing the valve cover, I saw it was stuck. Pushed it back into position and haven't had a problem since. Had to replace kick start shaft, of course it broke. Now I have the updated one.
  11. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    That's not too bad deal after all. So that should put the 450 OTD around 8K not 10K like I thought I saw online. Thanks for letting me know.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not sure what your decompressor looks like on that 013 but it was a problem on the 010s also ... That was what fixed my hard starting bike ... The second bike just starts easy ... Using that red button on the CARB works for me if the bike is hot or it just is not starting ... That device should have been mounted on the bars for easier usage ...
  13. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    You need something like this.
    http://www.dubachracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_33&products_id=2013
    ray_ray likes this.
  14. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    Exactly. My 2008 TC 450 has both auto decomp. as well as the manual lever decomp. I like that option!!
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a friend that bought 2 2012 TC 250s 1 for him, 1 for his son. They love them because they handle so much better in the gnarly stuff than other 4 strokes. The ride enduros, enduro cross, poker runs and scottish trials and the bikes hold up well and that is good because maintenance is not a big part of their life.
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    No doubt they handle well. I worry more about the '13-'14 X-Lites, as I think BMW sought to cut costs and used some cheaper suppliers. Fred Hoess blew up, one of his '13 TC250 demo bikes, in 6 miles. If anyone knows how to take care of a 250 4T better than Fred, let me know.
  17. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    I was contemplating buying a new TC 250 2T, but after hearing some of the horror stories with the forks, I have decided to keep my 13 tc 250 R. Maybe I am just lucky, but I have had zero trouble with starting this bike. They kick over so easy and most of the time first or second kick. You don't have to kick very hard to get these bikes to light up. Just be smooth and make sure the kick starter is on the down side of the stroke and you wont have trouble with it binding up on you.
  18. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    The 13 310 was faulty not to parts but shoddy assembly, quality control and accountability. Parts are parts and not a whole lot on a bike. It's the lack of knowing how the bikes left the factory that to me was most glaring. Don't blame the bikes but the people that dropped the ball. Then again the new bike owners have same issues at a higher price point. Once fit and proper operation of my bike was sorted it's been solid. I took the time to sort that the factory and distribution didn't do. Not like the 70s when stuff just ran :/
    ray_ray likes this.
  19. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I got the chance to see Fred ride a couple of different 6 days in Europe, I think you may have meant Fred knows how to keep it on the rev limiter better than most. I have seen most of the brands have problems on new bikes though. Like Johnrg above I would be suspicious of the last bikes to be assembled though.
    flyingbob and Norman Foley like this.
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Very cool you've been to the 6 Days in Europe, a life long dream for me.
    I meant what I said... I've watched Fred ride 250F's... both Husky and Kawi, over the last 12 years. I've even filled in a Fred's pit person a few times. Fred knows when to rev them and when not to. Friend still rides and races, one of Fred's ex 6 Days Kawi 250F's... I think that says a lot right there.