Look at This!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kenneth Webb, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I think Woodys calls it a cross two.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Can those be adapted to other bikes to you can take them with you when you swap bikes in the future? Semi universal our purpose built?
  3. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    The hub is marked "Husky ST" so perhaps it would fit any four-stroke Husky. Not sure but Woody's would know.
  4. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    When I asked RAD about it they said it will fit any of the Husky 4t's, the 2t's are a different hub though. If the number of spokes is the same you could probably swap the rim and spokes across to a different model of RAD Equalizer cush hub as well if you wanted to move it to an entirely different bike.

This is all based on my unprofessional opinion :D
  5. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    So, a grand for a rear wheel? Really you guys? Kind of blows my mind...6 wheel sets is all my bike cost!!! NEW!
    I'm still unclear about why. Are there a lot of catastrophic gearbox failures as stock? At what mileage are we talking catastrophic failure?

Could one buy the hub for $550 and transfer everything over?
    I've laced a lot of wheels...can't imagine paying someone $111 to do it. :excuseme:
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    in 2000 years they will find 2 wheels and some dust where the rest of the bike was.
    SimpleOne, hillbilly and Huskynoobee like this.
  7. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Over on ADVRider, Rad has a vendor discount for their hubs and wheels. Might save some coin there. Not Super Lace but probably still pretty good or just get the hub.
  8. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Welllll, I really like the 630 and plan to keep it since I don't know of anything else out there like it. My output shaft is toast and once it is replaced I figure that the cush hub will help alleviate the problem in the future. I've laced a number of wheels in the past but at this point it's worth it to get it professionally done. Cheaper than a new bike or another engine tear down.
    Xcuvator, Thumperama and SimpleOne like this.
  9. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    I wouldn't be surprised if the cush drive rubbers are off-the-shelf items from Honda or someone...

10. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike

^^^ This
  11. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere

All very good points. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    Maybe next Christmas for me, this year Santa brought my TE630 one of these costly little bits.

http://www.scottsonline.com/Stabili...ID=5457&Year=2011&Size=630&Fred=&BI_ID=148393

[IMG]
  12. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would really like to get steering dampers on several of my bikes, but the Safari Tank makes that difficult to impossible. Nice looking unit there David!
  13. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    I like this wheel very much and I understand how a person who loves his/her bike can be pleased to spend much money for a good product like that.
    However, what CJBROWN wrote makes sense and, if the aim is to buy that wheel in order to avoid spending more money in the future, I don't know whether this would be a wise idea.
    I don't agree with this:
    There are, IMHO, two scenarios:
    -You don't spend the money, you use the OEM wheel and prabably you'll have the output shaft issue again and so probably you'll have to spend much money for that.
    -Or you spend much money buying the wheel and so you wil be less likely to spend it for the shaft in the future, or you will spend it but in a farther future. In this case, the risk is lessened, not eliminated.
    I find it difficult to understand which one is the better choice.
    If the passion for neat products is involved and if you care about lessening the possibility of possible failures, probably it would be better to buy it, but other people could sensibly think "I don't want to spend so much; if I have failures, then I'll deal with them".
  14. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ah well, I had the failure, didn't I. I use this bike for long adventure rides for the most part, 3000 plus miles, and inevitably there are more than a few pavement miles included. I personally don't mind sending a few bucks to Woodys with the hopes that the shaft issue will be solved or even greatly lessened. I will also use the appropriate Locktite product on the countershaft interface to see how that works. May have to carry a gear puller if I plan to be out long enough to use up a front sprocket. That's OK too. Even with a fully adventurized 630 I'm into it for less than a new KTM 690. The KTM is a really nice bike, based on a short ride on one, but I still like the feel of the 630 want to give it every break in the way of longevity. And anyway, it's my money! :D
    Xcuvator likes this.
  15. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    There's no doubt about it and I'm glad that you are happy for your purchase. ;)
    I was just utilizing your case as an example to discuss.
  16. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    I rode the 690 and is a quality bike but it is tall and expensive . I am really glad i found a low k 630 .
    Whats the issu with the 630 countershaft
  17. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere

If you ever get tired of moving or removing it when the Safari tank needs to come off, this can always be done.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/steering-damper.26092/#post-235917

_
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  18. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    That wheel is a work of art and now has me wanting to order one.

The stock KTM rubbers should work as replacements. They are an exact fit for the rubbers in the Haan Cush hub on my Husaberg. The Rad and Haan hubs are nearly identical, with Haan having a slight edge in quality.

I always spend too much on my bikes, but I am just fortunate enough to be able to afford to do so. Anodized parts are like crack to me. I can still remember the days when I could barely afford to buy the bike and aftermarket bling or upgrades were completely out of the question.
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  19. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Stujam, some of the bikes have a problem with the splines on the output shaft wearing badly. Some don't, but mine did, and it happened suddenly over the last 3000 miles. The splines were perfect before I left on a long ride, and changed the front sprocket, and fairly worn when I returned. The wear was not terminal at that point, but once you get some decent slack in the shaft to sprocket interface, the wear will accelerate. I considered getting the cush hub when the bike was almost new, but put it off. Now I get to have the engine torn apart to install a new output shaft. At the same time I'm putting in a new cam chain (probably don't need it yet) and a clutch basket with the upgraded spring cups from Indy Unlimited. I have about 9000 miles on the bike now and I'm shooting for 40 to 50K. That will get me old enough that I may not be riding a lot anymore. With luck, scratch that! I want to die as an impossibly old fart out in the middle of nowhere on my bike.
    Xcuvator and Motosportz like this.
  20. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Thanks Kenneth,
    we have a local wheel builder with a good reputation so I might go chat with him about costs. Seeing my bike is very low k's and I plans on it been a keeper it might be wise investing in a cush hub now.