Lectron 3-2xl Metering rod.

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by 454x, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Rickyme Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650, WR300 both 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TTR 600 Belgarda
    Ive got a 300 and Lectron I bought from motosport and have had probs getting tuning right.
    I posted a while back before I was away in Asia but back in Australia now and ready to recitfy
    I and a mechanic friend of mine spent a lot of time adjusting rod as I am missing bottom end to the point that I put the original mikuni with a JD kit back on to see the difference. Well the bottom end sure came back... heaps more power but with the usual Mikuni probs... very thirsty, starting not as easy, stalls on downhills some of which I could probably sort out but I want to get this Lectron set up right
    Im thinking a richer rod, how much are they and where do I get from please
    Anyone in Aus using one of these with issues?
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Ballistic racing in Oz should be able to get rods for ya or lectron direct. I'm runnin 3-2m in my 300. Sounds lean try richer so yeah u on the right track
  3. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Quite a few Aussies on here with Lectrons.

Basic Lectron tuning is get it to start easy and idle with 1-2 turns out on the idle screw.
    If it doesn't run well from bottom through mid, then 1/4 turn on the rod. Direction depends on whether you think it's lean or rich. Good test is once it's warm crack the throttle @ 1/8 turn, if it surges or is irratic = lean, if it blubbers, stalls or fouls the plug = rich.
    Rod length should be 49-50mm. If you have to adjust more get a different rod.
    Probably have to order the rods directly from Lectron, cost is @ $20us. Check which rod is installed. I think I posted this a couple of pages back, according to Lectron order of rods leaner to richer:
    MS-3 (3-1m) Motosportz rod for 125-165
    3-1xl
    3-2m Motosportz rod for 250/300
    3-2xl
    They're pushing 2-3xl which is a new rod, but I haven't tried it. My 300 likes 3-1xl best so far.

:cheers:
  4. Rickyme Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TTR 600 Belgarda
    Thanks Shawbagga & Steve Im on ballistics website now
  5. Rickyme Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TTR 600 Belgarda
    Just spoke with Rob from Ballistic he"s in Vic and Im taking it over to his shop to tune it next week...How good is that !!
    juicypips and shawbagga like this.
  6. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Stalls on down hill, check the float height. If its high it will stall. This will also make it a pain to tune.