Kush sprockets for the husky

Discussion in '610/630' started by WickedWill, Jul 21, 2013.

1. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Skip straight to the third generation (yellow inserts like Ken Webb's) which have no pigment in the rubber cushions. The pigment they used was determined to cause adhesion problems and the newest batches are all natural without any coloring. I hope this is the final fix.

_
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Exactly, I won't be able to be comfortable about taking any kind if a trip.

I agree, I suppose the best thing is to find out if I can get a replacement before the one I have fails completely.
  3. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    New chain and front and rear Kush on yesterday. Just went for a spin and there is a marked improvement in driveline feel. I'll be taking the 630 to Death Valley next month and where there will be quite a bit of pavement along with off pavement. I think that little trip will provide a good indication of how the revised Kush will fare. I sure like the way it feels right now.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I know exactly what you mean. My bike felt out of place on hard surface because of the binding and roughness. I like the idea and should just stop being cheap and buy a cush hub because it has to even have a bigger effect.:)
  5. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh yeah, you know it's better than the Kush sprocket, but since I already have some wear on the output shaft I thought I would stop gap it for a while. This Fall I will take a look at things and see how much more wear there is on the splines.
  6. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

Even if all of the inserts fell out, the sprocket should still stay put, if only with some extra lash. It's not going to grenade on you.

That said, I swapped the stock sprocket back on yesterday before I went for a rip in the mountains.
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I can't figure out why it couldn't (grenade) unless I was on not much more than smooth even glide path. :)
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Kenneth, I just saw that I miss typed my reply and I should have (and intended to) insert "I" in front of "should stop being cheap" :)
  9. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

The ball bearings that keep the outer sprocket on the hub are retained by pins/set screws, so even though you'll have more lash in the sprocket, and it might make an awful noise on transitions from the "teeth" slapping, the sprocket ring will still stay on the center hub. The only way the balls will come out and the sprocket fall apart will be if the pins are removed or the outer sprocket breaks.
  10. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I agree, the outer sprocket, hub or transmission etc. could ruin a good day.:)
  11. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Your meaning was clear! I, on the other hand, can be accused of being cheap sometimes, nearly always to my great sorrow!
    Xcuvator likes this.
  12. Josebdx2002 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Buy last week a kush sprocket and rubber cushions are black. I would like to know the email of Ryan for any question. Thanks
  13. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

Black inserts does not necessarily mean that it will fail, but in the event that it does, the email is sales@kushsprockets.com
  14. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    There is a longer thread on Advrider about the Kush sprocket.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675504&highlight=kush sprocket

Ryan from Kush Sprockets posted the following on that thread last month regarding the latest failure reported:

Just an update for anyone who is wondering.
    I refunded William's purchase as the sprocket was from a faulty batch( its polyurethane contained too much pigment which was acting as a plasticizer.)
    You can see from the photos that the teeth have a lot more life than 7000kms.
    We have a lifetime guarantee on all sprockets until their teeth are warn out.

Thanks

Ryan
  15. Josebdx2002 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks
  16. Josebdx2002 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have sent 2 emails and Ryan doesn't answer about the question of cushions are black.
  17. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Huh...
    I had my new sprocket in hand Thursday night, threw it on and went for a rip yesterday, it hasn't exploded yet.

The cushions on this new one are black too, btw.
  18. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
  19. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

Too bad I'm currently on hiatus from ADV, since the mods are apparently dicks.
    mekanik likes this.
  20. trav72 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

Did they get their panties in a bunch over something ridiculous again?
    Huskyfly likes this.