Kush sprockets for the husky

Discussion in '610/630' started by WickedWill, Jul 21, 2013.

1. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Hate to hear it Ken. Did you take any pics of the cs?

2. Chillybean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, SM630, 72 WR 250. 89 WR 250
    Just went for my first ride with a 41t Kush sprocket on my SM. Feels a lot smoother so that has to be a good thing I was concerned about changing the std gearing but it's ok. Definitely does better wheelies with the lower gearing:applause: yet is still comfortable at 110km/h so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to all the others who tried them and put their thoughts on this thread I probably would not have got one otherwise.
  3. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I'm going to run it for a while yet and have chain and sprockets front and back to install. I'll get a pic when I do the work. I talked to the Husky dealer here in Tucson and they will install the output shaft and new cam chain, etc., for 6 to 7 hours if I take the engine out and take it to them. Sounds like a pretty good deal. Maybe I should just go ahead and get it done now rather than wear the shaft splines out all the way. They also recommended installing new rings since the jug will be off. Miles on the bike are not high and I wonder if that's a good idea. Everything is nicely worn in now
  4. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Here's a update.
    I got 7000km out of the kush.
    No wear on the teeth,rubbers had expired.

[IMG]

Kush have a lifetime guarantee on all sprockets until their teeth are worn out.
    Ryan at kush refunded my money in full.I had told him not to worry or a pro rata refund would do.The sprocket was from a faulty batch.He asked if i would like to test another.True to his word another sprocket turned up.

Here is the new sprocket

[IMG]

[IMG]

In between the kush i ran a esjot sprocket,1500km and the teeth were curling.

[IMG]

Edit: i got the km wrong only 7000km not 7500km
  5. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    I have a 45T Kush to go on as I rebuild the bike. Hoping for good things. Much cheaper than a cush hub anyway.
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Your replacement is different than my second generation, so there must be yet another version. Was your worn out sprocket a second generation?
  7. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    My worn sprocket was a 2nd generation.After talking to Ryan he thinks it may have been from a earlier batch.He is what Ryan said
    and

A lot of people think 7000km is a serviceable amount to be worn out.I guess Ryan could of ran with that but he did not.He stood behind his product and is continuing to refine it.He is great to deal with and resolve issues.I wish him all the best and will continue to use his sprockets.
  8. Josebdx2002 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where I could buy a Kush sprocket 41T?
    Web doesn't work.
  9. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
  10. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Yep, I ordered one the week before and it worked alright, site might just be down for maintenance or some such.
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I see the latest have the light colored cushioning material and my second generation has the dark colored stuff that failed on yours. :-(.
    What is the best way to contact Ryan? I see no contact us links on the WS.
  12. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Pm on adv. I think i posted a link in this thread.If you go into the australian section on adv he is in the vendors there.
  13. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Apparently the poly doesn't age well, here's mine after the first ride of the season, which started with all the inserts in place... :/

[IMG]
  14. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Ugh! My inserts, on a new sprocket, are yellow. Yours look black. Do you have one of the new units?
  15. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    It's got the black inserts, I hear the NEW new ones have a yellowish tint with less carbon. Did fine in the fall, parked it in the shop where it never gets below 45deg, then pull it out for the spring and that happened. Threw the old solid sprocket back on for my ride today.
  16. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Already emailed the pic to Kush to see what they say.
  17. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am surprised they have not come up with a design that captures the inserts better - I like the concept but do not want to be part of their ongoing R&D. One needs reliability and does not want a sprocket disintegrating half way through a trip. :cool:
    Theo likes this.
  18. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Had this waiting on me this morning, if nothing else, the CS is good.

19. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Wonder if they've considered making these rebuildable?
  20. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Well that is encouraging. I thought that by waiting a year or so for the second generation would get me one that will hold up but my cushions look the same as yours and I'm begining to see a small air gap.