KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Clay doesn't want to hear this John......:oldman:
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    No need to go after the personal attacks. He's brand loyal and is just bashing a company. This has been a great discussion lets keep it that way. Personally I would own every motorcycle made if I could afford it :)
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL I can have more than one bike :lol:. I'm still laughing about his ninja threat!
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    WOW
    I don't see the point in this quote:confused:

Ok Its obvious that you have an issue with KTM (don't want to know why as you don't tell anyway)

we all respect your opinion here although we don't have to agree with it.

(this where your words also in a previous post if I remember well)

to couple respect for a person to the choice of a consumer product, for me it say more about the person who says that then the person that consumes the product.

is this also a problem with people that drinks a certain brand of beer or Cola?

I am not writing this to extract another rand from you.

just get the bike you want and ride it.

Robert-Jan
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No problem with your opinion or what you like or dislike for that is why we all have opinions. I respect and listen to all. Yep I have said a lot of good things and I suppose bad if you consider I tell it like I see it. I believe emotions is spelled emotions and not emoticons! But yes I like the emotions and have more love for this brand of motorcycle then most will ever understand. As I do not want to spoil this for whoever I will try to refrain from the BS. I think you can block comments from me and that may be a good thing for you to do! No problem. I think I have 150 likes, so along with the wildness and sometimes silliness there must be some good!! Drama Drama Drama, A lot in fun. And the most import and. thing is no matter what brand of bike you ride if I find you hurt I will do everything in my power to help you out! That is what matters not the fact that it doesn't take to much in thinking terms to understand the fact in life that arch rivals really should not be teamed up. We will see where it all goes for now it is really pure speculation from everyone. Yes of course I am sane and educated and would pass any drug test or background check thrown at me and yes a military vet as well. Being only human it is normal to resist change. Or just fold in and go along with it. We are different animals and I understand that and respect you for it. Yea am I over the top at times. You bet. But remember there has to be regular Army joes and Airborne Rangers as well and they both serve there purpose well. Typically if you throw stuff at me I will just blow the bridge up! Thats the easy way. However I will remain calm and collective in this case and finish by saying at least we agree on one thing. All I reallly want is a TRUE and I mean TRUE Husqvarna 200..................
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you took the time to read the entire comment that he is referring to it is self explanatory why the man is thinking of selling his trusty 610. He is down and bummed like a lot of us and near the end of the rope. There is no need for that comment read the post. PS No problems with Coke or Pepsi. Getting to be to much drama and evidently if you state your opinion it will start a war of good and bad things. I stick by what I say. EOD
  7. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Well having read the post before I posted my comment I have pretty much the same response as it was generated by Motozsports WHY

why would you sell a bike that is a true husky and is ticking all the boxes for you only because later in time the company is bought by another company.

That doesn't make sense to me (admitting that I approach things pretty rational (I am an engineer))

I understand that quite a few here are extremely passionate about husky and that the KTM thing is not easy to be swallowed and might sway some of us to other brands.

I still don't see the logic that suddenly all the previous huskys for some of us are changed to a KTM sort of thing.

Robert-Jan
  8. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    If I don't like what comes of this latest Husqvarna ownership, I will simply move on... I have been a Hooska rider mostly for many years, but have no problem going elsewhere for two wheels. I think some people have too much emotional attachment to this and that is kind of weird, to each their own I suppose. I may not be crazy about a KTM powered "Husqvarna", but I also have the 449, so what do I know... they are just motorcycles.
  9. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    I told ya's!:lol::lol::lol:

Fletch, what took ya so long? I know you love your HuskIES!
  10. Chaz955i Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple
    I get that. We are all fans of bikes or we wouldn't be here. We don't all have to agree. Getting called a orange kool aid drinker and ass kisser because I am waiting to see the product first before forming an opinion is a bit much though. My response, not so civil, and there are parts I'd like to take back but I can't and I own it. I'm with you. I dig all bikes, I just dig Huskys a bit more.:thumbsup:
    LandofMotards likes this.
  11. Chaz955i Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple
    Make it 2. You just spec'd my dream bike.
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I use to say that to but since i installed the ohlins front and rear on the 300 the 165 is my second bike even with the lectron on the 165 the 300 with ohlins is more fun to ride now God that hurt to say that but it is true
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I've seen your ride videos and know you can handle the 300. I have a 200cc power limit; set by my skill level :lol:. I had a 2009 TXC510... it tried to kill me one day! BTW my son has the full Ohlins TTX on his 2011 TM 250MX and I hear you loud and clear on how sweet that suspension is.
    water racer likes this.
  14. Phil Lamb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    So I check in here periodically for real news re SP purchase, treatment of dealers during this transition, etc.. But it seems like the thread has turned into all the news channels on cable tv, all opinion, no news. Respectfully.
    4eyes, 454x, Coffee and 1 other person like this.
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Waiting on news....that doesn't sound very fun. The news will get here but in the meantime we gotta have something to talk about.
    demi likes this.
  16. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Funny how this thread has turned :confused:
    At almost 61 years old I've got to say that there are a lot of important things to be grumpy about ... like whether or not any of us will be able to afford to ride in a few years (or even eat) ... or whether or not there will be any places we are allowed to ride ... or whether or not we'll be allowed to marry an illegal alien of the same sex ... :cool:
    It doesn't make any sense to hate people who ride a different color bike ... (although I did live in San Francisco for a while and DO know what kind of man wears leather chaps :rolleyes: sorry for you if you ride a HD to be cool)
    I ride what I ride ... right now it's a Husky and I think it's a great bike. In the future I'll ride whatever bike appeals to me. The coolest things about riding a Husky are that EVERYONE wants to know about it ... it makes me a better rider and I love passing people on it ... and this forum of people. The only other place that comes close is the Yamaha 2 stroke forum on TT ... same attitude and knowledge base as this forum. The one thing that I admit I really dislike a lot is the KTM forum and the a**hole that runs it and the attitude of people on it.
    MattS, water racer and demi like this.
  17. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

We don’t directly compete with each other for resources like we did for the millennia before mass production. Before this setup, people were often defined by their work, by their output. The things they owned were usually things either they handmade, or were things other people made by hand. There was a weight, an infusion of soul, in everything a person owned, used and lived in.
    Today, everyone is a consumer, and has to pick from the same selection of goods as everyone else, and because of this people now define their personalities on how good their taste is, or how clever, or how obscure, or how ironic their choices are. There is no such thing as a "sell out". Its time to step back from the cliff....seriously.
  18. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Getting back on topic, it is still obvious that it is still very much a guessing game.
    Last week while attending atlanta SX, I stopped in and talked with CH member Bobby at the BMW/Husky dealer. He had no concrete info only rumors, one that has the new factory sold and no more bikes built in Italy. Also that the new bike coming is a TC450 x-lite. The new bike coming was good news, maybe not the bike most of us wanted, but still good news. I left there feeling pretty dejected and pondering my bike ownership future.
    Later while watching practice I run into my local KTM dealer and if anyone was going to rub my nose in it, it would be him. Instead, his opinion was SP bought Husqvarna because he is afraid of Bajjaj getting control of KTM and Husqvarna gives him a back up plan. This would mean that SP would want to keep improving the brand, not dilute it. This guy(KTM dealer) has been a dealer for a longtime and is pretty well connected.
    These are all rumors that have been floated before, but the last one has given me some hope.
    While I like Husqvarna's uniqueness, x-lite motor 4t, 125 2t enduro bike, in the end they are all just 2 wheels and a motor, and the main thing is to have a way to ride through the woods.
    huskyduck, 454x and Coffee like this.
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Just wow.

It would be great to see what they announce before getting overly excited.

Personally, I am going to take the slightly optimistic wait and see approach, if for no other reason Scot Hardens comment - link in post #1 of this thread to that comment.
    dave lindsey and 454x like this.
  20. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    My biggest hope is that we don't get saddled with PDS.
    Kevin_TE250 and Coffee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.