KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not me. I would burn the KTM bikes get a group of mercenaries together blow up the KTM factory. (No need to go in quiet and steal any intel on boiling over , blow up, link less bikes that are orange! Then get everyone on HUSKYCAFE to preorder a direct injection 2-stroke bike and fly over to Italy with the most expensive bottle of wine I could afford to buy. Sit down with the italians who are good designers anyways and make a bike everyone could ride and afford. And within months no one would even remember the name KTM even existed !!
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

For anyone who asks anyone why they hate or shall we say in a nicer tone dislike. That can be like opening a big can of worms. Of course some of it is in fun. And yes I ride with goofballs who in my opinion choose to be brainwashed and ride orange. Yes if at a bar there could be a posse of pumkinheads. I don't give a crap. Sure I won't start it (well most of the time) But I sure as heck won't back down either. If I had 3 wishes the first one I for sure would go back to (I believe 1991 or so) when it was announced that KTM was going bankrupt and done. I would make sure they never got any help and were done. Harsh. Nope. Just the way it is. the word KTM is not even allowed to be spoken in my house. I have loved the New Orleans Saints since I was 7 or 8 years old. Who knows why?? God allowed me to live to see them win a Superbowl. I was hoping to make it to see and semi exotic bike (Husqvarna) become a mainstream motorcycle in the US and abroad on their own. I knew the BMW marriage would end like this the day the marriage began. I am now beginning to wonder what is going to happen with this brand (Husqvarna) that I have stayed loyal to over all these years is going to end up. Sad. So if anyone is in joy that in theory (well not if you look at the numbers) arch rival, competitor, and I do not care if it is the CEO and not KTM themselves have purchased Husqvarna then I think they need their heads examined. Husqvarna engineers certainly need NO help from orange headed step children. What they needed a long long time ago was a plan. And unfortunately they didn't have one.:thumbsdown:
    machinehead and guscycle like this.
  3. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yea. Especially the orange ones.............:D
  4. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  6. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm with Fletchman. This is my first post in years. I was delighted initially when BMW bought husky. German management and Italian engineering would have been a match made in heaven. But alas, they insisted on replacing great bikes with mediocre ones of German design, no offense intended to X11 owners. But still, I remained hopeful that they would turn it around and remake the brand in the image of their best selling bike, the 310.

Now that hope is gone, and it appears that husky will go the way of Husaberg, to be a neglected cousin to the crown jewel of the parent company, KTM. I loved the Husaberg 70 degree engine, but it lacked the street legal designation so critical in Cali. Then they replaced the 70's with ktm motors and sales tanked. Didn't matter to ktm as long as it didn't take sales from them. Now the same thing is about to happen to Husky. Crap.

I can't help being soooooo disappointed, I'm down, brothers and sisters, waaaay down blue. For the first time, I'm seriously thinking of selling my trusty 610. If I wanted a ktm I would have bought one. For those of us who are not ready to race; light weight, durability, and reliability are paramount and in Cali, so is the plate. Over the years I've helped out, towed out, and donated gas to enough orange drivers to know that a ktm isn't for me. I wish Beta had a 610....
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Why?
  8. Chaz955i Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple
    Why would KTM invest even $1 into Husaberg if they were only worried about cannibalizing KTM sales? If KTM was only worried about protecting the Orange bikes they would have bought Husaberg and then shuttered the company so they didn't have to worry about the three yearly Husaberg sales threatening them. Why would you sell a bike you like because of who owns Husqvarna now? How is in any material to your experience with the bike you have now? It will be no more KTM than when you bought it. Not picking on you, I just don't understand the fascination with the ownership of a company. I don't know, nor was I interested in who is on the board of Directors at Mercedes yet I buy there cars. Could be Martians for all I know....
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Maybe he wants one of those new 511's before they are all gone? I hear they are pretty good bikes. :rolleyes:
  10. Chaz955i Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    Based on design alone it is more "exotic" than anything else Husky produced in the last 30 years, none of which has brand exclusivity at all outside of Cafehusky where a few people seem to equate low sales volume and even lower market desirability with exotic. :)
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow. You guys that seem to think this is all ok. Go back to school. None of this is OK and in the next several year. Or sooner you will see why. As a loyal Husqvarna guy and a KTM hater (my own reasons, besides the fact they are junk) I will not EVER and I mean EVER ride any KTM/husky stepchild bike built. Unless unless the Italians are allowed to do their own thing and pick their own suppliers. Could happen, but more then likely not. Husky's 2-stroke engines although dated and a tad heavy have one significant thing going for them. LONG TERM RELIABILITY WITH BULLETPROOF DESIGN!! Ktm will hate this as owning a KTM costs more then owning a Husky. Yea I know there are whiners and people who will not like what I am saying. Do you think I give a crap?? I tell the truth the way I see it no matter who you are. like it or not. My good friends have told me there is no in between you either like me or don't. Yea. I don't give a crap who owns Husky if they let the Italians do what they want! Well besides PR I guess. This take over and I am not kidding is as bad as my open heart surjury. You guys going along with it and Kissing A:censored:
    are doing so, well because what choice really is there???? I could just here the crap I would get if I even showd up on a 2014 Husky. Ha Has Fletch how you like your KTM owned product.Told ya so. :censored: that. I will ride a Gasser this year and a BETA?????? Next year. Sorry Husky for now Iv'e been beat on like a dog that has been beat on and I have had enough............................... We will see how the Italians react to all this. Haa...............
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had respect for you at one time, But it is slowly going orange................................... Wake up and smell the COFFEE.................
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I don't why he would sell what he thinks is the best bike made either? Because ktm bought them? He could just take pride in saying its one of the last real huskies...
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. Chaz955i Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    Maybe KTM will give you a list of the suppliers used and provide monthly updates as they change to assuage your fears? Because it is completely rational to expect this of a company, right? Maybe let the meds kick in before your next post. Just a suggestion, unless you enjoy showing your "A:censored:" on the internet.
  15. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    What is a bummer about this is the History of KTM dirtbikes is because Husqvarna didn't want to build a 125. John Penton wanted Husky to build a 125 in the late 60's they said no that the USA wanted "big bikes" not a 125. So Penton went to KTM and ask them to make a 125 dirtbike. So they did. I wonder how history would have been if Husky would have made the 125 that Penton wanted.....

My hope is let Husqvarna go back to its 'roots" Swedan have Tomas Gustavsson back in charge. Lets face it the 310 and the 610 where the best the Italian's made heck the 610 orgins where Swedish. I'm not kocking the Italian husky's, I have two but Husqvarna was way better in amount of dealers, support, and race winners back when the Swedes ran the brand.
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dude. Simply put. Only meds I take are for my heart. And thank god I have them after this BS. Your missing the whole point :banghead: Do you really think Husqvarna would have stopped using Marzocchi forks and Sachs shocks had they had control. No they listened to a bunch of (I mean BMW) sniveling whiners and BMW for image had to take away the perception of leaky fork seals etc... (Sorry but ZOKES are better then Kayaba)45 48 or 50 mm and went with Kayaba. There is no fear of anything you are missing the whole point as well. Wow. Where you from and how long you been riding Huskys or in your world Huskies. Like I said the Italians do not need any help from orange headed step children. Of course not everyone will like what everyone says and I understand and respect it. Maybe you should take your own advice and get some Meds!
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I understand what you are saying and sure hope this can work out. But not very often in life do rivals work together . Maybe it will be like car racing. The Husqvarna rider will have to pull over and let his fellow team mate on a KTM pass him in order to clinch the series. Wow..........
  18. Chaz955i Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, Zokes and Sachs are widely considered the pinnacle of suspension. Shame they went away from that winning combination. Imagine if they had the audacity to spec Ohlins. :rolleyes: Yes, calling people "ass kissers" is showing respect to a contrary opinion. Pretty ironic assuming you understand the meaning of the word. Implying years of husky ownership as being relevant to a basic understanding of how companies operate is pretty special, as are you. :thumbsup: Too bad this thread has been taken over by the tin foil hat crowd. It was somewhat interesting for a page or two. I thought HR from Thumpertalk was bad. He should thank you for making him look comparatively sane and educated. Done with you.:thumbsup:(I know you like the emoticons, I worked them in just for you.)

I just want a WR200, really. That's it. :D
    454x likes this.
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Me too with full Ohlins front and rear, a Smart Carb, and based on the 125 or Husky TC250 frame :applause:. Yep that should do it :D. Oh oh and I want black rims.
    wallybean likes this.
  20. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I think you mean Ohlins.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.