1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Keihin carb on 2012 WR 300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by esweetland, Jun 23, 2020.

1. esweetland Husqvarna
    AA Class

For the members running a Keihin PWK Airstryker carb on your WR 300, is the carb a long or short body? The short body carb is 72 mm in length and the long body carb is 93 mm in length. The stock Mikuni is 72 mm long.

I ordered a JD 38 mm Keihin PWK Airstryker which was delivered A yesterday but it is the long body version.
    Any words of wisdom that the group can share.

I am planning to return it for a short body carb.

Thanks,
    Ed
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
  3. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2X TE310R 13' - WR300 10'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF 300 Factory CHracing
    On my WR 300 2010 I have the keihin pwk 38 A-S Quad Vent along with the shorter intake from a wr 250 2006 (mikuni old version). On your bike is better the Quad Vent long Keihin because is shorter in height and won't touch the fuel petcock with the tower of the TPS like keihins pwk 36 (of the latest <17 ktm, betas, shercos ecc ecc) and 38 (like YZ 250). The combo 38 QuadVent long body with shorter intake boot works perfect on the WR, if you don't change the airbox boot will rub against the shock spring...keihin mod is also really really worth
  4. esweetland Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for input. So I need the airbox boot and/or reed box boot From an older WR (2006 maybe) for the carb to work? Can you provide some pickles of your bike’s carb?
  5. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You'll only need the reed cage boot (the one from carburator to cylinder) for a Wr/Cr 250 2006 (models with older mikuni tmx). On the pic below you can see how the keihin was put on by the factory enduro team 20200625_233340.jpg
  6. esweetland Husqvarna
    AA Class

I found and ordered a 2006 WR 250 boot at Halls Husqvarna this afternoon. It should here in about one week.

thanks for all your help. Ed
  7. esweetland Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can I use the stock throttle cable?
  8. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, you need to undo the curved cable guide on the top of the mikuni tap and screw it on the keihin tap (as you can see in the pic the steel guide is the shock for the mikuni just bolted on the keihin tap)
  9. esweetland Husqvarna
    AA Class

I installed the carb today and started on the first kick.
  10. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

British Columbia, Chilliwack River Valley
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
    Your gonna like it