1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Just Snapped the Fuel Tank "Elbow Connector" on 08 TE 450

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by ReturnOfTheBlak, May 12, 2016.

1. ReturnOfTheBlak Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    I was working on my bike today when the fuel tank slid off the bike and snapped the elbow connector where the fuel line connects to the fuel pump. Just for reference, here's someones image of the part next to the fuel pump. My connector has snapped in the exact same places as below:

[IMG]

I'm wondering where it's possible to get a new one such as the aluminium one in the image. I've only managed to find one at a ridiculous price of £63.99! It's also plastic! http://www.splatshop...e-conector.html. I found out the RRP of connector is actually just £23 however I can't seem to find one. The part number is Sherco 0805.

I've also found a nice one from Zipty however it is for 2011+ and I'm not sure it'll fit: http://www.ziptyraci...gas-tank-elbow/

Are they available anywhere or am I going to have to spend £63.99 (insanely high price) on the crappy plastic one which will snap again [IMG]

I have also made a new connector using 2 of the snapped of pieces using silicone for sealant and glue, and it actually looks quite promising. However I really don't want to have to use this. Would it be a bad idea? [IMG]

2. ReturnOfTheBlak Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Here's my invention. I've taken 2 of the broken pieces and sealed them with silicone. Is there any reason why it wouldn't work temporally? It's sealed well, holds pressure, and feels quite solid if I do say so myself :thumbsup:

20160512_210132.jpg
  3. ReturnOfTheBlak Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Here's my invention. I've taken 2 of the broken pieces and sealed them with silicone. Is there any reason why it wouldn't work temporally? It's sealed well, holds pressure, and feels quite solid if I do say so myself :thumbsup:

View attachment 67957
  4. djhurayt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 SMR450
    I seem to remember something about the Aprilia using the same elbow and was available as a part without buying the complete pump.

???
  5. ReturnOfTheBlak Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    I think you're right. I've seen a few pictures of similar ones with Aprilia but still can't find anywhere to buy one.

I'm going to go down the route of tapping the hole and using a £3.50 brass fitting such as this one instead of paying £63.99 for the plastic one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brass-Righ...dp/B007G5ME5Q?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I've never tapped anything before but it looks fairly simple and it seems to be what people are doing for this problem.

Any reason this wouldn't be a good idea before I start? :confused:
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    that silicone won't hold the torque; that fitting is cantilevered out too far. edit: I see you went with the straight section- good. the silicone still isn't gonna hold for very long. also, are you planning on using a hose and a hose clamp (I forget what they're called in the UK)? not a bad plan... but epoxy and a metal tubing would be better.

if the fitting is NOT in the polyethylene or polypropylene family, you could probably epoxy a metal FI hose fitting in there. if it is HPDE you *might* be able to melt/weld it back together. I'd stick a metal tube to bridge the repair in there first... and I doubt it'd work.

IIRC, the newer aluminum fittings (including ZT) don't work on your style, but I'm not positive. I do remember another brand of bike using the same fitting.

good luck.
  7. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    I believe it was beta who used the same elbow. You could purchase the elbow separately through them. Husqvarna will only sell the whole fuel pump.
  8. MorganD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501 17&19,TE310R 13&14,TE250 2010
  9. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    ^That one is for '11 through '13 models. I don't think they're the same. Otherwise, he could use the ZipTy version.
  10. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Order the sherco part thru a sherco dealer. That Splatshop jacked the price up since I bought one from them.
  11. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
  12. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...I could be wrong, but I thought I put one of the o.e.m. aluminum upgrade fittings on my neighbors bike(08 te450). I'll see if he still has his receipt with part number on it. I got one for my '13 TXC 310 and it looks identical...I got it free,though,from my dealer(I broke it the same way ,tank wasn't secured properly and it slid off ).
  13. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

did you ask Zip Ty if they had one for the earlier model.?? pretty sure they and george at up-tite have elbows.