1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Jetting Chat - Need Help? Post Your Questions Here

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Mar 24, 2010.

1. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Just a suggestion...

Can one of the moderators sticky this thread?
  2. tony_dt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Please, it would be nice not having to search for it and this is a thread everyone needs to see.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, intresting! Did you try any other jettings in the dyno? Have you tried a bigger mainjet?

Johnny
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    ^bump^

Mods...could you please sticky this???
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Check plug
    Make sure the plastic slide spring retainer is in the slot correctly
    Try using the 175 main if you got one with the carby
    or if you think its rich try lowering the needle one setting
    if this works
    it may also make it lean down low so 165 main maybe the way to go
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
  7. Leepet Husqvarna
    A Class

Awesome! Thanks mate. I haven't seen that chart before but it explains why I need a needle with a larger diametre than most.
  8. HxcEnduRo Husqvarna
    AA Class

anyone can help me with a suggestion for a eg 144 at sea level central coast california
  9. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    use this database mate!!!
  10. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    So I just received my PWK with JD kit. It came with the blue needle installed in clip #2. I ride at altitide. No lower than 4000ft and up to 12000 in Summer. Isn't the JD red needle for altitude? 170main 45 pilot
    CCP likes this.
  11. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I just installed the PWK, what throttle cable are you guys using? Was it a '99 Honda CR 250 cable? I think I remember reading that somewhere, but couldn't find it on a search. My stock cable has too much slack to adjust.
    Thanks!
    DAS likes this.
  12. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I use my standard cable. Works perfect. Just changed the end pipe and nut and use the bent one. Check that your airbox doesn´t rub a gainst the rear spring as the carb is slightly longer and pushes the airbox backwards a bit. Get back about your jetting!

Johnny
  13. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

What temps do you have? I personally prefer the red needle as it´s smoother/leaner from the bottom, but it depends on how and where you ride of course!
  14. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Took my WR360 and a mates with a the old Dellorto....chalk and cheese and painful memories of what the 360 (his fouled just on warm up) was like when the jetting was screwed before the carb swap and jetting sorted
    Temp: 28C
    Elevation:650mt
    Ride type: hill climbing with fast single tracks.
    Conclusion:
    Bike needs new rings as the comp is low compared to a fresh, completely rebuilt 360 (jealous).
    I might try a JD Red needle and feel the difference, possibly drop the clip to the middle to smoothen the transition from 1/2 to WOT.
  15. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Thanks dude Just made the swap, and the cable is, as you said...perfect. NOW, if I could just get the snow to go away....:cheers::cheers:
  16. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just came home frpom an evening at the ice! We had a fantastic evening race on the ice today! Totally black in the woods, and just screaming bikes with their headlight on sweeping over the frozen lake! I tried the red JD needle in myWR 300 today to compare it to the EEL i had last time. It was worse. The red needle is to mellow from the bottom for iceracing. The EEL comes on much better exiting corners! Therefore i will change back again. It also felt slightly too rich in the middle (bluddering on medium throttle). I had both needles in the middle clip pos. 182 main at about zero degrees.

Johnny
  17. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi PC! Have you tried the EEL needle? Ithink you would like it! Get one and try it in 2nd clip is my advice! I use it on the icetracks now, and i tried it in 3rd last week, but at around zero Celsius i think it´s really good in 2nd. More taper(richer) then the CEK and slightly leaner on idle=)!

Johnny
  18. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I have not tried it Johnny, but I will buy one first chance I get. Isn't the EEL needle very close in spec to the JD red needle?
  19. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

jd red is very close to ceq
  20. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

The needles has about the same base diameter(lean), but as the red JD is tapered differently to the straight tapered EEL it makes it quite different. The red JD is softer/smoother from the bottom and makes the bike more controllable at light throttle.The EEL has more hit right off throttle. Conclusion1: EEL has a more linear powercurve. Stronger off throttle, less hit in the middle and revs out about the same as the redJD.
    Observe that this is MY conclusion=)! But i have tried a lot

Johnny.