1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Jetting Chat - Need Help? Post Your Questions Here

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Stormy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Johnny: What kind of sleeve number do you use in your Keihin?
  2. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don´t remember really, but kelly at Motosportz supplied the carb to me, and he knows what was in it!

I bought it with the JD jettingkit. I guess someone else here knows too!

I think it was a 7.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you are talking about the slide then YES, it was a #7 slide.

4. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    That's exactly what I did going there from 6ooo ft last year. Should be pretty good. And maybe go in on the airscrew.
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    IMO:
    • You hear difference between a Mikuni and a Keihin (on my 360 anyway) - more deeper note with the Keihin.
    • I feel a keihin is stronger in the bottom range than the Mikuni although is l feel a mikuni is better at top range (CR250 tested with both carbs).
    • Keihin PWK's are lot more tolerate to atmospheric changes therefore not too or overly sensitive in jetting - biggest plus.
    • In my case, l've played with keihin for a long time so has many others so there is a lot of knowledge out there.
    Why doesn't husky mount keihin's...they probably have a contract with Mikuni???
  6. kasu1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Ok, I can imagine that all true. But in that case, mikuni is very conservative imo. They must have knowledge about keihin is a better carbu. And they ain't making any changes. But honestly my mikuni isn't very sensitive for atmosphere. Normally I ride at 40 feet. But i went to France for 1 week near beaujolais. And this is much higher than 40 feet, and even than I had the feeling that my jetting was fine. But offcourse I don't experienced the difference of a PWK and a TMX yet. And if so many people like the PWK better maybe I should try it once. You know on what other Make/models a PWK is mounten on? So I can buy it second hand or somthing.
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    2t KTM's and up to 2003 KX250's all ran Keihin's.

Keihins PWK are popular because it works and the IMO, gives the bike the ability to breathe better which increases HP.
    As l said, they are easy to tune and don't do out of tune easily even when the bike compression starts to decline - I've had a dellorto which is now scrap, the TMX on my old 2kWR360 was great for about 20hrs then after a top end rebuild, went out of tune.
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If somebody that wants a 36mm PWK A/S (2011 KTM 150XC) contact me direct as I can put them on a real deal for a complete new carb !!
    I struck the deal today with the parts manager of one of my shops and he said if the person is a Cafe Husky Member, asked for him direct and mentioned my name that he would honor that price. I don't think that could be beat . Better than even I got. This would have saved me about $35 or more because of shipping . Save someone else at least $100 or more from retail.
    Dwight Rudder
  9. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just got my PWK today and want to know what float level you are all using? before setting the jetting up.
  10. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It should be preset - LEVEL.
  11. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    I think as I trawl through this jetting thread that I have come to the conclusion that that each bike of the same model and type have slight differences that require slightly different set ups. I have a wr300 2009 model running pwk as (see my previous setup post). I see people here with huge variations in pilot, main, slide and needle settings. It is especially perplexing when I see posts from people running exactly same bike,carb at same elevation and running huge main jets. I am about to drop my main from the 175 down to a 172, as I am still fouling plugs and sputtering at WOT. I know 170 is crisp but just might be a little lean. I'll post my findings. Ride safe everyone.

The saw
  12. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I run a 172 in my 300 at 4000-6000 in the summer, it runs great . In the winter I run a 178 and 0- 2000 and it runs great. Jetting is alot like suspension it is how you ride the bike and perspective, with in a resonable range.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If your float level is correct and your air filter is clean give your bike what it wants and don't worry about how others are set up. There are too many variables to consider, the main one being air density altitude which can easily change 2000 ft. when the weather changes. It's affected by temp and humidity, the actual altitude of your location is barely relevant.
  14. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    You'll find the variation is jetting if two bikes where same model and carb at the same place will be to the human - the rider.
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    +1 on the Rider. Jet it till it blubbers, lean it back out till it doesn't, get on your bike and ride.
  16. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    G'day windsurf - I run a 40 pilot and 172 main with the standard pwk as needle ( whatever that is) standard slide and it is clean all the way through - I am same temp, elev and setup except I run 40:1 mix
  17. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have the same setup except high comp head and Leo Vince silencer, and in the summer i use the red JD needle in leanest pos. over 20 degrees Celsius, 175 main and a 40 pilot, so i guess you would be good on a 172 main like Raysaw says!

Johnny
  18. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    Ok time for some explanation - do the different needles make that much difference? Or is it more to do with super fine tuning? Also, what slide number would my pwk as come with standard?
  19. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes they do make a massive difference as do the clip positions. One clip position out will you will feel the difference immediately from rich to lean or perfect. I got my PWK through Motorsportz and it came with a 7.
  20. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

More testing today, 175 main and the blue vesus red needle. The 175 is very good for the top end, 180 slightly too rich. As for the needles again the bike runs best with the blue needle in the top slot very clean and smooth. Is there any difference between the two? I'm sure there is but to be honest I found it a difficult call. I would say I prefer the power delivery of the blue, but suspect that if someone swapped them without me knowing I wouldn't know the difference. I would be delighted if I could find a little more bottom end, I might even get a powernow.