Jersey Riders Beware..

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Jersey Woods, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

It's seems that this has started with these environmentalists that want the whole planet to them selves and they have politicians that back them.... If I find any one who backs them I'll make sure I vote against them....
    john01, huskybear and WHITEROCKET5.9 like this.
  2. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just an update on what's going on here and an action plan.

Dear ECEA Membership,

I do not post on our web site very often, but I feel compelled to due to the importance of this subject.

As you know, our sport has long faced opposition from many groups and individuals who have challenged our right to participate in an activity that has been a part of New Jersey’s heritage for over 75 years. The unfortunate reality is that they have gained traction and influenced public policy to a point that will lead to extinction of off road motorcycling in the Garden State. This has been accomplished through a combination of persistence, distortion of the facts, and preying on our own apathy. The time for us to fight is now.

Fortunately, a small group of our membership has stood up and loudly defended our right to ride in the woods. We have them to thank for preserving our sport and every event we ride today. But they cannot do it alone. The time has come for every man women and child who cares about our sport to stand up and have their voice heard.

Thursday, June 13, 2013 is our D-Day. Our Vice President, Kenny Held, has organized a rally at the State House in Trenton New Jersey to send a clear message to our political leaders that we demand our right to our activity. Words cannot express the importance of all of us being there and supporting this event. I know a Thursday may be inconvenient due to work, school, or other obligations, but I implore you to do everything in your power to be there and support your cause. Unfortunately, politicians seldom, if ever, work weekends like the rest of us. If we fail here, the battle may be lost.

We have already gained a great deal of attention and we must follow through. One of our biggest opposing organizations is planning a counter rally. The Governor’s office has requested a review of our issue. A poor showing may be the final nail in our coffin.

Think it’s a New Jersey problem? You are wrong. Similar policies are coming to neighboring states. We must first win in New Jersey so we can continue to fight elsewhere.

Think it’s and enduro only problem? Wrong again. Enduros are the easiest target, but once they win there, they will continue the assault on all forms of off road recreation.

Please make every effort to support our rally in Trenton NJ on June 13. Bring your friends, families, and everyone who has an interest in our sport. This may be our last and best shot.

Best regards,

Jamie Theurkauf
    President, East Coast Enduro Association
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Someone is planning a counter rally? Are they bringing the Hells Angels as backup?

Sounds like you are up against some real money bags with what real agenda under their belt?

--

Weyhauser owns lots of ground where I living in WA before moving off and no riding on their earth ... Not alot of riding there unless you really traveled ... GPNF is FED of course and can be swept away anytime the broom swings ... Sad and I wish you guys all the luck in the world ... Maybe the GOV will be a wise man ...
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    My best thoughts are with you Jersey riders, I hope you are successful, and please keep us updated.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Right now we are facing a situation out here where a group is bringing a lawsuit against Ocotillo Wells OHV, claiming that the management has not protected the environment against damage and erosion and that it should be closed (or closed, except for the main roads).:(
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  6. B_M_F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR 450
    Muricuh! Hell yeah!

Why not just buy some private land and tell them to stfu? Worst case go half with a fellow riding mate or do a group buy.. As of right now you can still ride on you're own private property. Sure that will be changing soon though.
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Next thing you know, they'll try to ban soft drinks larger than 16 oz in NYC.
    I dont go to Jersey unless I have to. I live two hours from the Jersey shore but Id rather drive further to a DE or MD beach. And when it comes to Hare Scrambles, I dont think I'll do any in NJ this year. This has nothing to do with the good people of NJ. It has to do with the NJ govt. It also has to do with the large tractor trailors full of municipal waste I see driven into PA daily with NJ tags on them.
    I am sorry to hear about the stupidity you face over there with the state parks. Its absurd.
  8. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    I used to live in South Jersey and as long as the land is used for clear cutting and McMansion housing developments, then all is well. Huge, overpriced cheaply built houses with massive carbon footprints... meanwhile, if you ride a dirt bike, you are an outlaw.
  9. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm hoping this nit wit gets the message. If you kill our sport you kill all the taxable revenue that goes along with it. That includes the bikes, trucks,trailers,gear,gas,meals and all the other stuff we buy to ride. That does not include the NJ DMV fees we pay to register our bikes and the insurance that is also required. If they succeed in killing our sport, I hope they intend on finding a way to support the families of tax paying New Jerseyians who wind up on the unemployment line. If there is a compromise and it's a DEP thing to have a permit I'll meet them half way. But if it's just a total land grab thing I have news for them I'm not sitting down and taking this. I have 37 months to go before I can retire and I will sell my house and get the hell out of this state the day I can. We get nothing from this state any longer and I'm just flat out tired of them taking things from me and telling me it's a good thing..

I'm sorry I'm ranting but this is really a sore spot with me and my friends I ride with.
    ray_ray likes this.
  10. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Come on over here to PA and ride with us :)
  11. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I may have to do that....If I'm not mistaken your not far from the NJ Turn Pike ?
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Good points here and that $ angle always will make ears perk up ... But only intelligent or wise people will comprise ... Look at the middle east..See any intelligence displayed over there? Just a desert land of hard headed people bent on destroying them selves and a GOV that supports it... And they like it that way or they would change.

-- I'd be really pissed also if I was in your shoes ... I'd bet lots of you guys only get to ride on the weekend due to work and family obligations so when the weekend rolls around, you just wanna ride and take a load off ...

I'm thinking this is all part of the march to civilization ...
  13. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    No not far. If youre familiar with the RORR enduro held near St Clair, thats where I normally ride.
  14. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ray Ray you couldnt have said it any better haha. Id like to buy you a beer sometime.
    ray_ray likes this.
  15. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Jersey, I hate to hear of your and others looming restrictions.
    I moved to back woods Arkansas to avoid such regulations on my life.
    I own a house on a golf course in wpb. I would never consider living there again. The area has mentality simular to what you described and it has engulfed the whole county of which most is rural.
    If any of you are intrested in moving there, For Sale-3br 2bath on17thTee. WPB Fl. HOA fees....
    ray_ray likes this.
  16. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

good luck guys, one of the reasons i have the small track here on my property for the locals. got to have someplace to ride!!
  17. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I have a 2 mile track that is behind my property that I can access with no problems. I don't own the land but a friend of mines does. I have permission to ride ans all is OK. But 2 miles is not what I'm used to and I want be able to ride with out seeing the same trail twice in a day. I'm not greedy I just want what I think I'm entitled to. Hopefully the turn out in Trenton will show some resolve on our part. :cheers:
    sabortooth likes this.
  18. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Its always easy to blame it on the"tree huggers", but you would think that a tree hugger with a little common sense would know that 4*4's and irresponsible riders on unregistered bikes do wayyy more damage than you guys. It sounds like some a-hole is in government and has their own agenda.
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  19. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    You got that right. There is always someone who wants to save the world at others expense. Now I have my 4x4s and quads, and I dont register any toy that is not new, I like to throw dirt and go thru stuff that others avoid, but I am mindful of my enviroment, dont litter and try not to poach too many trails. I pay my taxes and help my neighbors. The doo gooders in hollywood or where-ever theyre from better just leave me alone and stay out of my woods.
    ray_ray, WHITEROCKET5.9 and duggoey like this.
  20. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

its funny that the majority of us that like to hunt/fish/offroad adventure are usually bigger "tree huggers" in reality than the actual wannabe activists in the citys.
    ray_ray, TemecuCoastie, B_M_F and 2 others like this.