Is the 630 faster than the 610??

Discussion in '610/630' started by fatboycrash, Feb 24, 2015.

1. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    I have BOTH a 2006 SM610 and a 2006 TE610. Very happy with both of them. I have a sneaky suspicion the the carbed (mine) 610 is faster than the EFI 610 but have NO experience with the 630.
    The SM610 is purely a track bike only. It's only ever ridden on the track and has everything stripped off it that it doesn't need to run. I run Pirelli Supercorsa's SC2's at the track on it and it's a HOOT to ride. It's worth not much so if I bin it it's no drama. And if you come off, well hey it's a dirt bike. No matter. Unlike my friends on street bikes... 2k for a tiny little low side on a ZX10 the other day. Sure they overtake me on the straight but I just stick it into them in the corners... :-)

BUT!!! I'm getting hosed by the bloody 690 pumpkins!!! NOT good! I'm a long time Husky nut and not that inclined to change brands just yet.

My friend has a really low mileage TE630 for sale. He's in another part of the country so I can't ride it. I'm wondering if anyone has FIRST HAND experience with the 630 vs the 610. Is the 630 faster? I top around 160klms (100 mh) on the 610. It just seems a no brainer to me with so many parts being interchangeable. I'd just keep the motard wheels and part out the sm610.

Thoughts?
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The 610 is a bit lighter but it mainly depends on the tuning of the bikes being compared. Both models can be tuned to produce more HP.
  3. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Build the 610. High compression piston or big bore. Ti valves and springs, find a high rpm cam, get the head and carb ported, run a velocity stack instead of airbox. Get the inlet as large as you can and carb to match.

630 has a better head and cams setup. But no upgrafed really.
  4. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Yeah.... I've got a really good cylinder head guy who is happy to do the work.... Already have a velocity stack for the 41mm carb, that can go on no worries. Anyone got any ideas on where to source a good hc piston from?? The stockers are already a thing of beauty.... I went to replace the piston on the TE610 2 years ago but it was pointless.... No discernible wear. No wonder they are $400 !! :-)
  5. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    I had a 09 uncorked te610 for 4 yrs and have had a uncorked te630 for 2 months & rode a stock 14 690 .

The 630is faster then the 610 . More torque for sure . The stock 690 felt faster then my 630 but the 630 to me was a nicer ride. The 690 is a hooligan bike, fast n twitchy and excitable - good for mx types . The 630 is strong, and pulls better low down, more enjoyable for your average rider .

I am very happy with my 610-630 upgrade
  6. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Going from a 610 to a 630 won't likely be enough to get you blasting by the 690's, but it is a much more refined bike, and with the usual tweaks and tunes it can be fairly quick.
    I've got ~15k on mine with all original top end, internals still look almost new (bent a shift fork and fubar'd a couple gears 2 years ago in a fall)

There are something like 5 different ECU's for the 630, and the TE version seems to be a bit more responsive. I swapped mine for the TE ECU and use a JD tuner.
  7. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Get a tc?570 piston and cam. Plus do the headwork, and jet accordingly. Also look into a way to advance ignition timing manually to get a bit more hp.

Delete the counterbalancer, and shave the flywheel down.

Guarantee it hauls the mail after that.

Zupin is your source for the go fast bits but not sure if they are avail or around anymore.
    JonXX likes this.
  8. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Thanks guys for your input! The modify what you already have is def. appealing. I have no desire to spend BIG dollars on a new bike that is going to be flogged mercilessly around the track.... If I was a dedicated racer, sure. But it's just for fun. Has anyone else seen that turbo charged 610 thread? Yeah baby!! :-) But I suspect by the time it's sorted the cost would be similar to just buying a new bike?
  9. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    You could turbo it very easily. Just slap on a tiny turbo, with drawthrough carbuerator setup. Probably use a lectron the largest they make. Done deal. Mount the turbo where the airbox goes :) Run E85 ethanol for fuel.
  10. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Take a look at here: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/more-power.43987/#post-428070

They ran in the SM World Championship with Huskies! They look like a good choice!

This should be the high compression piston for the 610, but I'm not 100% positive.
    Maybe, despite the flat crown, it's this one: the datasheet states 30 mm of compression height vs 25.
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The 610 MX bikes from back in the day were reported to put out 70 HP. George Erl (Uptite) knows how to do it and even has a custom cam that he designed. Call him.
    JonXX likes this.
  12. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah George is the man with the 610 magic. I'm sure a high compression 100mm piston and an Uptite cam would get you more power than a modded 630 could muster. When the 630's came out they claimed 30% power increase which was bunk. I've read claims either way on the power issue, but it seems the 630's slight power advantage is nixed by it's extra weight. The 690's a beast. I think you'd need a NOX/Eddie Seel replica or highly modded 570 if you want to beat a modified 690 with Italian.

Or if you can't beat 'em join 'em, and get a 701 Husky when they come out.
  13. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

I'm waiting patiently....

My local shop doesn't carry husky since they got sold to KTM...
  14. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Thanks again guys!! Especially on the help to links...

I'm thinking there's a special motor build very close on my horizon..... :-) I will contact Uptite. I'm in Australia so will email. Calling is not really a good option... :-)

Will a big Lectron outflow a Keihin FCR41??
  15. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    My 634 SMR Eats up both my 610's and spits them out for breakfast :excuseme:and as for the pumpkin -- the same leave them in the distance --quickly :banana:

DSC_8284 (640x425).jpg
  16. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Your carbed SM610 should smoke the big fat pig that is the SM630. And the FI 610 as well. Mine does.

Yeah, but he's talking about an actual SM630, not an Eddie Seel replica build. Derp.
    Xcuvator likes this.
  17. Huskymicky818 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04CRF450x2,01&03YZ250,87CR500x2
    What do you mean "634 SMR"?? What modifications do you have done to your 630?
  18. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    No modifications --its one of 100 Eddy Seel Factory works Replica Bikes , Husqvarna only Built 100 on Husqvarna's 100th Anniversary --the Exact same bike that Eddy Seel won the world Super Motard Championship on that year --