More power?

Discussion in '610/630' started by frestylmotox01, Jul 9, 2014.

1. frestylmotox01 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    I've got a 09 sm610, I like the bike a lot, but it really lacks any top end. I've got a JD tuner, Leo Vince exhaust. Opened up the air box, and power up kit. Are there any other mods that I can do for more zip? Or a different cam for some up top power?

I enjoy the bike immensely, it's handling and mid range is killer, but I'm still looking for more.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I think George Erl (Uptite 714-540 2920) had a cam for them and maybe a different piston. Is your Leo the full system? Getting their pipe is supposed to really help.

rajobigguy likes this.
  3. frestylmotox01 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Its just the slip on. I'll have to give uptite a call.
  4. bensl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610, te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati diavel
    Keep us updated. I have the same bike and would love a bit more zip.
  5. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    I guess that you all come from the USA or Australia, so I don't know how interesting this information can be for you.
    There is an Italian-Swiss society which sells parts for Huskys and other brands and they can boost the 610 engine.
    Here is their website; they say that if you contact them at info@htmracing.it, they will answer you in English:
    http://www.htmracing.it/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=190&Itemid=182
    They can:
    -remap your ECU moving the rev-limiter at 8500 or 9500 rpm,
    -sell you a camshaft which gives more power at high rpm (it should be the one of the TC 570); there is also a version with the holes for the oil,
    -remap your ECU in order to work properly with that camshaft (they can modify the air/fuel ratio and the spark advance),
    -sell you an high-compression piston (it should be a Wossner),
    -sell you a big bore (100 mm) piston with a new suitable cylinder or they can bore yours, to have 600 cc in lieu of 576,
    -do other things...
    A user of an Italian forum installed an aftermarket exhaust, the camshaft (he said that some little modifications are needed; I don't remember which ones) and the remapped ECU, getting some horsepower more at the Dyno.
    Maybe you won't turn to them, but be aware that there are further mods than the usual exhaust+air filter+re-jetting.
    Motosportz likes this.
  6. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Do they do 630s?
  7. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    According to what I read on the webpage I've linked, they mainly deal with 570s, 610s and the old racing, not street-legal 630s. They probably have little for the SMS 630s: I haven't read about camshafts or pistons for them. I'm not sure about it, you could try to contact them... .
    I don't know the prices because they tell them only on the phone or by email, but here people say that their products are expensive. People also say that they are very professional and that they work well, except about their Black Wind air filter: a guy wrote, on a forum, that it allows the dirt to pass. I haven't tried it, but that guy looks reliable to me.