Interchange list

Discussion in 'TR650' started by rww, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Hi from a new Terra owner.

Can anyone say whether a pannier frame for a Funduro will fit the Terra?

TIA,
    Ziggy.
  2. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Funduro frame pic:

$_20.JPG
  3. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada

No.
    Different bikes, different frames, different mounting points.

As for something that IS compatible:

Front brakelever is compatible with those BMW models:
    [IMG]

Clutchlever: choose aftermarket levers for the above models, shorts, longs, adjustable or not.
    Those proved a neat fit, even fitting with some clearance inside the Barkbuster loops. http://bit.ly/2cOiGlN
    Ziggy likes this.
  4. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Muchos gracias.
  5. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Ziggy likes this.
  6. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, Suzuki Stinger, Yamaha YB
    Hi. Probably a bit too obscure but does anyone know if the throttle cable holder for the Terra (part no. 7654888) is the same as the one for the BMW F650GS (part no. 13 54 7654888)?

I need the shorter throttle cable holder to do the derestriction on my bike.

Thanks
  7. Mark_H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada; 2015 Nuda 900R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XRM 125, Kawasaki Curve 115
    In the Interchange List I have all the parts that share BMW numbers are identical to the F650GS so I say yes it is the same one.
    JimKelly likes this.
  8. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Keep in mind that you must at a minimum reset the adaptives in addition to changing the cable position. There may be other procedures required in the ECU as well. It was never made perfectly clear what all needed to be done with the ECU, but know that it is not simply a movement of the cable.
    JimKelly likes this.
  9. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks, yes. I've found a dealer mechanic who actually seems to know what he's talking about (Road and River in Geelong for the Melburnians). He says he can do it and I've talked through with him what need needs to be done (reset throttle position sensor for WOT). So I'm going to give him a try.

If all else fails, the BMW mc club (of which I'm a member) has a GS911.
  10. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    No ECU procedures other than the adaption reset and replacement of the throttle cable holder have been identified on any of the BMS-E equipped machines, G650GS or Terra/Strada, CarstenB and I looked very closely at it recently complete with real time logging when he was preparing to sell his Oz Terra in restricted mode

I was one who felt there was likely to be some other ECU setting which needed changing but I now happily conclude there is none
  11. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    i've de-restricted my Terra and recently restricted it again. No other work required than replacing the cable holder in my experience. The TPS will adjust itself from the restricted 70 to the unrestricted 85deg angle but it is always beneficial to do an adaption reset after such modifications. I did the derestriction without adaption reset and once i had the GS911 checked and the TPS was registering correctly. It's also possible to modify the restricted bracket to derestrict it.
    Part number is indeed the same.
  12. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    ha, beat me to it ;)
  13. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    You know the story, the quick and the dead, and we get up earlier on the east coast :)
  14. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Adaption reset?

Help me out here - this is the first bike I've ever owned with FI
  15. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Wayne is the better one to explain it but the ECU learns from the data it gets from the various sensors and trims the fuel map to cater for variations across the bikes (clean vs dirty air filter etc) and modifications made. The fuel map is adapted to the individual bike. Diagnostics tools like the GS911 cannot modify or swap the fuel map but they can erase the adaption data. Then the ECU can learn from scratch tailored to the current state of the bike without having to deal with irrelevant data from the past. That's at least sort of how i understand it. The effect is real though in my experience. My bike had some stalling issues when i got it so i used Pulstar plugs and the Wuka spoofer which cured the stalling. When i got the GS911 i was able to see that my ECU had the latest firmware which is supposed to be working quite well. So i got curious and unplugged the Wuka and put the NGKs back in, did the adaption reset and now it runs very well in stock setup. I suspect that the firmware was updated early on but the adaptions were not reset hence still the stalling when i got it. Honestly, I don't get why the ECU doesn't erase or overwrite the adaptions itself, should be smart enough. But maybe i expect too much.
    JimKelly likes this.
  16. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks CarstenB

I take it this can only be done with something like the GS911?
  17. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Hey guys...
    This is a parts-interchange thread! Folks looking in here are after parts compatibility with BMW or other models/ offerings, not ECU or other problems.
    Maybe start another thread dealing with YOUR issue rather than clogging up a general-info thread.
    Perhaps a mod/ admin can make a fresh thread out of the last few posts which will then attract comment re: ECU related stuff, too.
    Tks
    Mark_H and ecn226 like this.
  18. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Sooo ... sorry for one last distraction but was another thread started? Can't see.
    PaulC likes this.
  19. Muddler Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TDM900, DRZ400
    Does anyone know what other bikes will fit the same footpegs?
    Eg.will any of these work Wr450, ktm690, dr650, drz400, xr650 .... ??
    Allan SH likes this.
  20. LazyR Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    I am not sure if this gets read or not, seeing as the last reply was almost 4 years ago, but here goes:

I am in the process of aquiring a set of 21/17 wheels for my Strada as I would love to have a set of wheels with knobbies on hand. I have ran across a guy with a F650GS (single) rear wheel, with brake disc and all. The disc looks different from the G650GS disks. Not sure if it is for an ABS version, will have to ask him.

Also, would ABS work if I change the wheels from my front wheel from 19 to 21? The beemer guys seem to have no problems when switching between 19 and 21 (17 is a different story). The phonic wheels on the Terra and Strada front have the same part number too, so I am guessing it should work. Can someone confirm this?