1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

IMS tank not fitting correctly

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Brinker343, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Brinker343 Husqvarna
    A Class

I installed my IMS tank on my 08 TE450 last night. It seems that the 2 rear bumpers do not sit down on the frame like they are supposed to. They are about a 1/4" off. This makes the seat very hard to put on. The tank is not hitting anything that I can tell. It seems like if it could slide forward a little it would help but is hindered by the 2 locating posts. Has anyone experienced this? Any help...suggestions? I have a call in to Hall's but not able to get up with them. Thanks.
  2. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Hey Brinker once you get that tank to fit better you might want some
    decals on it.
    Hall's has Perforated Tank decals for $69.99 or you can try this.
    New look with the IMS Tank 2
  4. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    All 3 of the tanks I've gone through fit like yours, with my latest one fitting the best. Initially the bumpers were 1/4" off the frame, but the tank has settled in a bit since then and they now touch the frame when I'm sitting on the bike. You can try leaving the front tank bolt real loose and tap the tank as forward as possible, install the seat, then tighten the front bolt last. Double check the radiator shroud clearance in case they are touching the tank and preventing it from seating. :thumbsup: Good luck.