Idaho City ISDE 2 Day Qualifier 1-2JUN2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Me too, the impound side or the town side?

Later,
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    According to the map it would be the impound side which seems wrong. I thought most the trail was the town side? One year we did do about 30 miles on the impound side, maybe there more over there than i thought.
  3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

lots of trail on the impound side, more than I could ride... I thought the least amount of trail was on the town side... oh well... I may pop up there next weekend... I think I would recognize Kelly...
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    even with my race face on :D Come on up :cheers:
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Ive got 2 , 2 gal epa gas cans is that a good amount? 2.2 in my tank + 2 +2 is more than enough for each day.
    My question is do they return the cans and are we able to reload our cans at the end of day 1 or do they leave the fuel out once its gone to remote on Sat morn. Let me know I think I have a 3gal epa tank in the garage as well.
    Tell me y'alls fuel logistics for this thing. THX R

Ive looked around did BRR post a start list FYI, row, minute,riders etc.?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They will bring cans back saturday afternoon as some people only do sat or sunday so you can reload it and get it back on the trailer sunday morning. At sign up they will give you your minute, row info and time schedule. also will give you numbers and a transponder. Read the rules and make sure your gas can is one of those "spill gas everywhere / I cant seem to make this flow" DOT gas can and helmet to sign up (so they can mount he transponder). Part of the fun of an ISDE is the prep and reading the rules as there are usually many. At least we don't have to have lights like you used to.
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just wiggled my way into Sunday signup and 95% sure still on the same minute as Jake for sunday as well. Fun. Elbow still hurts but F-it, I'm racing :D
    jmetteer likes this.
  8. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Was going to hit the 'Like' button, but thought it was more worthy of an 'Atta Boy'...go git 'em! :cheers:
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    no lights or requirement FIM tires (I use em anyway)..... PS Im bringing both bikes TE310 and TXC310...just in case!!! If have a tech issue with the TXC310R I'll roll into tech with the backup TE310, I'll bring the OEM TE muffler also for a just in case CYA scenario.
    My TXC has the OEM muffler with the dB cap installed with a stainless steel S/A screen clamped over the outlet tube inside to pass the poke test.
    The TE310 has the OEM dB-S/A cap installed into a TC Ti muffler, so I'll have my OEM cannon along just for the CYA factor. None have a USFS stamp....on my TXC450 muffler I hand wrote with a vibro etcher a USFS stamp...
    Thanks all, yea my 2, 2 gal cans are those DOT/EPA/CARB type push the spout to open the valve and spill more/release more fumes to save the planet type things. Lucky its not a fast pit stop type deal, those thing have anemic flow rates!!
    I'm now ok about fuel, leave with full bag, refill at first gas and dump remainder at second fuel as needed, these FI 4Ts are fuel misers anyway.
    Last mex trail ride we did about 67 miles I left with full tank added @ 1/3 gal (after I punctured my 1 gal carry can and lost a bunch) and finished almost on fumes with a low fuel lite.

Just dotting the Ts and crossing the Is (hahaa) I'm super stoked to see and meet y'all!!! This is a real adventure!
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Weve gotten the TXC310R through 2 sound checks now with the Powercore and Spark Arrestor/Quiet insert without a hitch....
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Rob if you have a buddy on you minute or even if not you could share a 5 gallon can and 2 of the stops are the same location. As Jake and i run the same oil and mixture we are probably going to share a 5 gallon can. They set it up so guys with MX tanks can make it at no more that 35 miles between.

Eco can brought by tech inspection for inspection and tagged Ok to use. Then you can take i way to refill etc.
    Spark arrestor
    ORV sticker
    96DB @ 20" sound test
    AMA card
    bring helmet to signup

ride real fast during special tests but don't crash and remember some of them are almost 15 miles so don't over do it. :thumbsup:
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    We made 57 miles at high speed with lots of gas sucking sandy stretches last weekend and still had at least a pint left...many bikes ran out; fuel consumption was quite a bit higher than people were expecting..... so they skipped the midpoint fuel stop. Mark was in come from behind bat-out-of-hell mode so this was worst case fuel consumption. And we are running the richer 'open pipe' map.
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    will be there for fri tech, leaving thurs morn from sd area
    jmetteer likes this.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good luck guys!
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks man, should be a massive herd of friends there
  16. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I am scared. But so excited!

I need to post a picture of all the energy gels and crap I bought...

Oh and a new helmet! Yes I wore it the whole 20 mile drive home from the bike shop...

[IMG]

Later,
    Coffee likes this.
  17. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    The bike is pretty much ready to go, going to ride it Sunday and do the final prep Monday. This week I set up one set of wheels with new brigestone 403/404's, brigestone ultraHD tubes, wheel bearings, and a rear sprocket. I also trued the wheels and snugged up all the spokes, replaced the linkage bearings and shock bearing. I will have to put on the new chain, do an oil change, clean the air filter, mount up the wheels and do a final shakedown ride next week.

I hope I have enough energy...

[IMG]

Later,
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Funny how when you have a perfectly good bike that you ride every weekend the minute a big race comes up it seems to "need" piles of stuff. I think i am going to swamp out my damper for underbar mainly to raise the bar height for standing comfort. And...

redo a perfectly good running Lectron because i have a bunch of parts for it to try
    change out both tires
    change out the rear master cylinder that has been giving me issues
    Maybe new fork oil
    Maybe a new ring (have not changed it since installing the 165 kit many rides ago)
    new grips
    wash gear
    air filter
    and lots of little things.

Honestly I could just load it up and it would be fine. :D
  19. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Heed, Hammer Gel and Edurolyte Fizz are products that are always with me out on the trail. :thumbsup:
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So my pre-ride McGriddle and Tang is not going to cut it? I don't even know what that stuff above is.