Idaho City ISDE 2 Day Qualifier 1-2JUN2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Dec 18, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    http://ridechec.com/

Rnd 8 - Jun 1/2 - ISDE QUALIFIER - Boise, Id - Idaho City Ridge Riders

This one is tentative on my 2013 adventure/ride/race schedule. Keep in touch if anyone else is going to do this one. I've approached my crew about it but nothing firm yet (still quite a ways off). RN

PS it's 1k miles from home.
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will be going up there in march for the Hare and Hound then maybe again in june
    My van might just have room for a 4 stroke
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Is that a real qualifier for the 6 days or is it just a title? Sounds like a lot of fun either way
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    It is a real qualifier
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Super fun event. 2 day qualifier so you see some pro there. I ran it several times. Great terrain, steep, single track forever. Bring your A game and be in shape. Bring hydration and be prepared. Long days. 125 miles 2 days in a row and 90% of that tighter single track. But super FUN. I might just have to go beat the 165 up there this year. Lets do this.
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Is it at your own pace or do they have mandatory shut down times and stuff like that? I really have no idea how these events are run. I really want to give it a try though :)

They choose the same area for the qualifier every year? Is it because the terrain matches what you'll see at 6days? Just a lot of questions because if I go, I fully expect Husqvarna to come out with a 6days edition from my win (dreaming lol)
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It is ISDE format. Enter a class you feel comfortable in and it is a fast trail ride between the checks. In those fast trail rides is a "Special test" these are the race part, need to reel off the fastest time you can and still be good to go. If you enter the right class you should make it to your checks on time. If you accumulate more than an hour you "hour out". I love this format. Long fun fast trail ride someone else marked out for you and are there to support you. Fun. Long but fun. As for location, yes, Idaho City, cool little nothing mining town.
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    C2 unless they have old guy classes. Need to look at the rulebook. Still tentative, Ajax enhanced my motivation.
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  9. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll be there -- Its a great event, but not for the faint of heart. This is a real race. Time schedules can be tight and the terrain is fairly technical. There isn't anything super gnarly, but its not a 4th gear cruise either. Finishing is priceless.
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I blew up my bike on day 2 in 2011, was still broken in 2012, 2013, HMMM... I really want to finish this event, it was about the peak of my speed in 2011 and I was riding really well. I am retired from racing but maybe I could trail ride it with Kelly this year.

Later,
    MotoMarc36 and robertaccio like this.
  11. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is the key -- just have fun and try and ride at a trail pace. I am tempted to race the A schedule because you get out of the pits earlier, but usually the pace is so quick I barely have time on the B schedule. If I do it -- I will probably do Bs. Still haven't decided.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Lets do it. I have family in Boise we can stay at. Heck I even have a family member in Idaho City if you can believe that I'll start working on accommodations.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have no stake in the game, to old to care if I impress anyone and just want to have fun. Yes it is semi grueling, that's part of the fun. Jake and i will see you there. :thumbsup:
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I've always wanted to do the Ohio Qualifier. I've seen some videos of Idaho City and looks cool! Have fun boys!
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Fly into Boise area, We'll find a bike for you. Bucket list stuff. Can be hot and dusty or wet and slick or it can be perfect

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds like a great way to see some new trails AND be part of a what should be a well organized event ... Not sure I could do 125 miles of ST in one day though but if I made it one day ...I might could do the next day also ...

Good luck to all that enter this event ...
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

usually by the end of the first day I am like "no more". It is a metal struggle to get back on the abused and impounded bike the next early morning and do it again but somehow the second day always seems EZer once you get rolling.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    What bike did you ride that last time you were there?
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I borrowed TE510. Was the wrong bike for sure. Broke the rear hub and did not get to do the second day. A 250 2 stroke or for me a 165 is ideal IMHO.
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd certainly take my 250 st over my 250 4t machines ... Not that the 4t would not finish it AOK... But you know ... That 2t will be more than adequate for that job ...

It was a really gnarly track the year you went or just plain gnarly?