Ibeat software and cable

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by tlking6, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

We should have went in together on it. Mine has not been hooked up to IBeat since it left the factory(The dealer didn't have IBeat yet when I bought my bike). I would like to hook mine up and play with it. Next time call me. Later, Ken
  2. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

Not as easy as you may think, the dongle is where the problem will hit

EULA is violated when changes are made to the system. You can make something to view, but as soon as it modifies - agreement broken
  3. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

XP Yes, it doesn`t like Vista,
    Just buy a quality adaptor & the USB works fine
    :thumbsup:
  4. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I haven't read the EULA and maybe you have, but most commercial software only allows you to make one copy of the software for backup purposes. Sometimes they allow you to also use an additional copy on another computer that belongs to you as long as you are not using in on both computers at the same time. My only point is that before you share a copy of the disk on a public site, you might want to read the EULA to make sure you aren't in violation and then handle accordingly(not in public).

I am thinking the EULA doesn't allow you to just duplicate the software for use with any cable be it homemade or purchased. If it did, they'd just produce it to work only read only(demo mode) and make you pay for a serial number to open up the write mode.

:cheers:
  5. davep01 Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm running Ibeat on Vista Business no problem at all on a HP laptop.
    Have also used ECU reflash tool on same machine without issue.
  6. Wyatt00021 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE250