Ibeat software and cable

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by tlking6, Jan 24, 2009.

1. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

It doesn't look like the eBay store that is selling it knows too much about the bikes it's meant for:

<ebay Q&A>
    Question & Answer Answered On
    Q: good day, they are interested to this object and I would want to know if it works also on 610 model IE 2007-2008. I would want also to know which are the things that can be made with this program. Jan-20-09
    A: HI, It works for the mikuni Fuel injection system which that bike has. If you goggle ibeat and huskvarna you will get some info on what you can do with this software. Thanks
    </ebay Q&A>
  3. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont know enough about it to comment. The plug on the cable in the picture looks exactly like the plug on my Husky. I offered him $200. He countered with $250. I, since the offer, put the power up kit on my bike and as far as I am concerned, done with my tuning. It runs perfect. If he comes back and offers it up to me at $200, which he might, I will buy it and check it out. I think it should come in the tool kit with the bike straight from the showroom.
  4. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't the right product. It looks right to me. I just thought it was funny that potential buyer asked if it works for 2007 models and the seller answered him that way(works for FI system "that" bike has, "goggle" and "huskvarna").
  5. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Gotcha, the store appears to be one of those package stores that sells stuff for people that cant figure out how to do ebay. A few of those places have popped up around here.
    Are there any 07's that have FI? I havent heard of any? Looks like it sold for $225. Did anybody on here get it?
  6. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

FI started in 08. It looks like a member here bought it! Glad to see one of us got a deal! Maybe he'll post up about it?
  7. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class

He took $225 for it, cool! I'll have to start studying now:eek:

Cheaper than a power commander @ $225. But maybe not as flexible. I have plans on playing with the FI and stock and race maps a bit to MAYBE make them switch driven.

I wonder if we can share this thing??? :D

Anyone with a 2008 service manual? Could you check if there is any info on the EFI system in it before I order one????
  8. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Sent you a PM

Howard
  9. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

In the USA, yes. The 610 was EFI in Europe in 2007. Or so I've read, and there for sure was an EFI 610 in 2007.
  10. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, but I doubt a guy in NJ had one. Thanks for clarifying that point though.:thumbsup:
  11. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

WTG Nes, glad someone on here got it. Please report on your findings. Check out this guy here http://rickramsey.net/TE610.htm He has one and has done some playing around with it. Apparently the manual with the Ibeat is pretty complete. I have done a good amount of homework on it, its actually pretty simple.
    I rode a bike that had been tuned with one and he gave me the numbers that he set. It ran good and he was claiming some good mileage numbers. I can get those to you later if you want them.
  12. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have worked with the IBeat on my 08 510TE. Setting the TPS and FB1 are the most important settings. TPS = 100.2% and FB1 = 94 are working pretty well for me. Be sure to only make small changes at a time, you could go to lean and cause issues. Moving forward I've deiced to have a certified DynoJet tuner Dyno my bike with a PC, I'll let you know how that plays out.
  13. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes please! ANY info would be great. I have read everything on the net that I can find and info is sparse at best.
  14. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class

Was part of the write up on TT yours? Good stuff!
    I can't figure out why FB2 and FB3 are there, but do nothing :excuseme:

I guess that I'll find out, and if you don't mind, some advice from you would be real helpful:thumbsup:
  15. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Okay here you go. These are the settings from a 610 with a Leo X3 and the O2 sensor in place and plugged in.

TPS (throttle position sensor) set at 977
    Setting #1 at 108
    Setting #2 at 105
    This is where I was going to start had I bought the Ibeat.
    I think there is a 3rd setting however he didnt mention changing that one.
    Hopefully once you get the device and start playing with it these numbers and settings will make sense.

One bummer is that you need a computer with a serial port and although I am not very savy, I think most newer laptops are all USB. I read somewhere that the software runs best on XP as well. That could be very unreliable information though.
  16. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    Could the cable owner post some photos of the cable? If we could get a pin map of the wires it should be pretty easy to duplicate.

Could you share an ISO of the CD?
  17. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

That likely violates the end user license agreement for the software. I know it violates all the EULA's of the software I produce and almost all commercial software I've ever seen.:ride:
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    They could always raise the price of the bikes $20 each to cover the cost of the software and give every bike buyer a cd with the iBeat software, while they are at it they could give out the tech ref manual too on another CD... then sell the cables for $50 - and almost everyone would buy a cable.

That would make a LOT more $ than selling a few high priced iBeats - and personally I'd be way more tempted to buy a bike that did not have to go back to the dealer for a tune up.

I'm moving this to the EFI section.
  19. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

^^^^^ That's a great idea and I wish that's what they had done!
  20. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll pay the shipping!!! :D:lol::D:lol::D:lol: