1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

I have had it. (kickstand issue)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 65fastback, May 24, 2010.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you haven't dropped that 2008 TE 250, you ain't riding hard enough! :lol:

2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

My inseam is 29.5" and I have a 2009 TXC 250/300 that doesn't have a kickstand. Even if I had a kickstand (had one on my 2008 TE 450), I would never use it to climb onto my bike. That's just playing with fire, as you could bend/break it or even worse, fall over and get hurt! :excuseme: How? The weight of you climbing the bike could make the kickstand stab deep into the dirt making the bike tip over. Come on! Do I really need to make a video of how to get on a tall bike without a kickstand for short fat guys by a short fat guy? :busted:

3. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you tried .... I´m sure the bike would fall over :applause::doh:
  4. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

People who ride Orange have no business looking down their noses at a Husky kickstand. My KTM kickstand sucked, even worse than the HVA. Seems all Euro bikes have a kickstand issue of some sort. Maybe one day Pro-Moto Billet will make a kickstand for the Husky's.
  5. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    I meant that it hasn't dropped on it's own due to the kickstand.. oh I've dropped it, like a few weeks ago in Capitol Forest on that teflon like clay.. several times on that ride in fact.

but I've only had it on about five rides so for.. and I'd say I've ridden it plenty hard (for me anyway) like Miller Peak loop a couple of weeks ago, where I blew my radiator hose on that big hill at the beginning of the County Line trail, (long story) and other trails in the Teanaway/Liberty area.. ever ride the Naneum-Wilson (1371) trail? that's one tough workout that one.. tipped it over on a boulder field there and broke my friggen folding mirror

but back on topic.. I think the kickstand sucks, but works for what it is.. it's not a lot different then kickstands on other trail bikes I've owned (about nine KTM's and a smattering of others)
  6. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    exactly Dogg...
  7. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Please do, I'm sure we'll all be happy to critique it.
  8. rajobigguy Administrator

It's not always quite that simple. My bike has multiple personalities and while I have no trouble getting on or off my bike when it's in stripped down trim it's a different story when it's in full adventure touring regalia. By the time I get the saddle bags, tail bag, sleeping bag and water jugs on it becomes quite a kung fu maneuver to mount the thing.
  9. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    think it might be asking a little much for a side stand, which really is meant to hold it up while sitting(not with a bunch of extra stuff or a rider)....
  10. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

...exactly.

11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

It seems that my bike tips over at least once a ride (not kickstand induced). It sounds like you ride yours plenty hard! I heard Teanaway is pucker capital. We'll have to get together for a ride at Walker Valley or somewhere else. Hell, we only live about 20 minutes away from each other.

12. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't argue with that as I would definitely have a problem with that set-up!

13. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    yeah, I probably average about that too.. Teanaway scares me so I haven't ridden there much.. even Miller Peak has a couple of long exposed sections (like one two mile section of steep sidehill trail that is not wide enough for you to get off and walk your bike, or turn around) that to me, just aren't fun. I prefer technical over deadly.. I just need to get in better shape.. not getting any younger - but it's all good

we're heading over to ride Mad River/Devil's Backbone, Foggy Dew and Devil's Gulch next week.. yep, we're going to try and ride all three areas over a four day span.. then five days down at Gifford next month - man, do we have great riding areas here or what?? can't wait..
  14. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Personal attacks are not really helping us with our kickstand issues, if you have something constructive to add, I would welcome reading it, if not I would appreciate you flaming somewhere else. Thanks, Ken Boyd
  15. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am not flaming...I am adding something constructive...if the side stand is soo bad...come up with a better idea and present it to them, instead of running down a brand and a bike over a KS...
  16. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not that I´m particularly sensitive .... BUT ... if I were on the receiving end of your "something constructive", I´m quite sure that I´d take it amiss :thumbsdown:
  17. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

OMG! My bike does this as well! These huskies clearly seem to have a falling down problem!

I'm in Federal Way, I'm in for a organized thing sometime. But you 310 guys please be easy on me!:cool:
  18. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    I have a 610 as well.. with those, the problem is the kickstand is ridiculously short.. which can and does lead to falling over; especially when loaded down for a two week self supported ride.. I added a 1.5in insert in mine.
  19. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

1.5:eek:

I added 1" to my 610, and now it's kinda too tall. Off-road, in general it works great, but now I find that on pavement it's VERY particular about where I can put it. I have to find a slight slope.
  20. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    i have a question....my kickstand works ok but when folded up it is way "inside"....like where a knobby could grab it....will the tire hit it?