Husqvarna bike sales number 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I guess I missed them. Have some links?
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    A thread is just that a thread, it weaves and bobs a bit.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm interested in sales breakdown for the individual distributors. Also remember... these are actually more production numbers, than actual sales numbers. KTM/Husqvarna warehouses almost zero bikes.... Bikes are built, shipped to the distributors country and distributed to the dealers, from Port of Entry. Once the bike is on the way to the dealer, it's transferred to the dealers GE Credit Floor Plan. At that point... it's considered a "Sold" unit, whether the dealer sells it or not. A kind of "Voodoo Economics" some might say.
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

And at least the local dealers here tell me they are forced to carry models they don't want to get ones they are so sell the others at cost or at a loss sometimes.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    This started as soon as Scot Harden and some other ex-KTM guys walked through the door at BMW's Husky USA. Bottone's went out at this stage. Gone was the folksy way, Rob Keith and Larry Ferracci ran Cagiva USA, working with the dealers, on what they could really sell. The KTM World Order was injected into Husky USA, well before KTM (or SP) bought Husky You want "X" number desirable off road bikes, you're taking "Y" number of MX bikes.

Back to numbers... We'll see Husky well over 20,000 for 2015. It will continue to grow, but I think mostly at KTM's expense in off road bikes. KTM is picking up in street market worldwide, so may be willing to do this numbers shift for a time. I do believe they feel that their "Pioneers of Motocross" image, will pay off in the future, in that youth riders will be drawn to Husky over Japanese Brands.
    JasonMF likes this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep, I'm with that chewing into the ktm crew ... Lots I bet just want another color to look at :) ... Might be some weird meetings for SP if ktm sales decreased and Husky sales numbers increased along the same lines of bikes over the next few years... This is just the start of the dream I have for Husqvarna dirt bikes and SP.

There have been more than one guy ask me about Anderson over here ... The word is out ...

These next versions of bikes are gonna set the tone inside that company ...Either keep going like they are now and let sales do whatever or let Husky have a new frame... New frame and it is different bike even if the engines are similar ... New bike, and you have parted the ktm dirt bike riders into possibility Husky or Ktm camps, with the same number of sales numbers ... Then SP hand is exposed.
    justintendo likes this.
  7. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i love it ray
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm gonna add this link from SparrowH that he posted on the 'Actual news' thread concerning the ktm buyout ... The link outlines SP vision on the future of the Huskies out to YR 2020 ... I gotta read it a few more times to get an idea on what SP is doing to keep Husky from eating all the pumpkin pies in the house ...

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/460339

SP seems rather excited and seems to be calling out the other bike makers to show up at the race track ... He's a case-study waiting-to-happen on somethin' ...
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I was talking about KTM dealers not husky...
  10. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    I feel Husky sales will continue to rise in 2015. Husky has always had success in the enduro market, but never has it been any good in Motocross here in the states. That, my friends is changing very quickly. In the past you never seen a husky get a hole shot in any super-cross race. Already we have seen it happen early this season and more than once. The KTM based husky's are fast and look very pleasing to the eye. This will no doubt appeal to the younger racers who race super-cross or aerna-cross type races. Alot of riders who were sitting on the fence with a wait and see attitude will start buying due to the fact that husky looks like it is here to stay. My self, I like seeing the husky Gun sights up front in super-cross racing. Cant wait to see them at Washouqal Washington.
    ray_ray likes this.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SP predicts 50K in sales by 2020 ... Giddy-up little SP ...

--

Anderson did his job well in the MC and the SX racing to date ... Guys over here even noticed the Huskies.