Husqvarna bike sales number 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jan 29, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure where these numbers came from but I saw them on the mxlarge web site ... Also no real details so maybe we'll get more specific numbers later ...

I'd guess also that any sales numbers for Husky will have to be compared to what the ktm bikes were doing at the same time ... (Not that this matters to me; unless ktm sales numbers dropped in line with the Husky gains.... then it is humorous)

--

2014 has been a momentous year for the Husqvarna brand. Enjoying record figures in sales and turnover, a total number of 16,337 motorcycles were sold.

Passing the magical 100 million Euro mark in turnover, this growth provided Husqvarna Motorcycles with production and sales figures never before achieved during the iconic brand’s 111 years of motorcycle production.

Husqvarna gained significant market share in the enduro competition segment as well as making an outstanding restart into the motocross segment, where close to 6,000 Husqvarna motocross bikes were sold worldwide.

As such the brand has re-established its position as a key player within the offroad motorcycle segment. In 2015 Husqvarna will pursue its growth strategy.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Be interesting to know what % of those record sales were 2013-2014 leftover Italian Husky's that were being sold at blowout prices. Press release makes no mention of them being 2014 KTM based husky's, only that in 2014 they sold 16,337 bikes. I wouldn't be surprised at all if red husky's made up a good part of those record numbers.
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    So now that they have sold all those bikes do they expect 15 to be better? What is traditional turnover for the dirt bike marketplace? Do people actually buy new every year? Are dirt bike riders the 1% we have been hearing about? Or.... could there be a slump/plateau? I would expect some peaks and valleys in the trends. Would be interested to see a breakdown of where the sales are and demographics.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Good questions and I think you have a point. I would think that most buyers keep a bike for a few years on average. The ones who race and need a new bike every year, or the guy who's got cash falling out of his pockets and just had to get a new bike every year to be a show off must be the minority.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They are probably counting on converting riders from other brands like honda, suzuki, ktm ...
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Of course there will be a plateau. There will be guys who ride them and don't like them. There will be pumkinheads that buy them then go back to orange. Lots of sales and let's be realistic KTM strategy is much better then the Italian marque ever was. (Depresses me but fact is fact) yea lots of used mxers but from what I've seen most guys are just upgrading to a new one. There are guys who just buy a new bike every year. One year of depreciation isn't horrible I've done it many many times for numerous reasons. They are on track and spending money the rightway to make the marque successful.. Firesales on these bikes I don't think will ever happen and that my friends is a good thing. Irritating is my one friend who would tell everyone he rode red huskys because they were cheap to buy.....nothing to do with the reason why I rode them! I'll ride a new one this year if I like it great if I don't someone will get a great deal on a 2015 husky! And I'll be on a Tm beta ajp gasser fantic or????
    troy deck and Norman Foley like this.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You still haven't told us, the whole TM romance/breakup story....
  9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    In Australia in 2014 off road bikes sales Husqvarna are up about 10% and Ktm down about the same
    With most other dirt bike sales going down I guess that's would be seen as a win overall - but an expensive one so far
    fletchman45 likes this.
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think this will take time and money and patience on ktms part to make this all work. But they have the know-how and experience to make it happen after all on the brink of bankruptcy and sporting and inferior bike they were able to turn the entire mess around.... Should not have happened but did.....their motives are clear to me. Money and as someone said long long ago. Kill a cub.....they don't fool me but as is life chapter 3 must go on....I will ride husqvarna for now no matter who owns them.....and the newer ktms are bikes much much better then the old ones...
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norm. I stand by all assessments on the Tm. O quirks. Rock solid reliability. Stable and precise feeling chassis. Decent brakes(rear not quite on par with a brembo) able to adapt easily. Not odd feeling bike and no flywheel weight required. Just a revalve which is standard for a moto bike...great all around bike! But when it takes 2 months to get side panals....and people point fingers at one another I have to rethink things...had the sidepanal thing not been and issue and dare I say the feeling I got from the distributer were both slightly errogant and not personable enough for my taste....my god gas gas side panals I can have overnight if needed.... I would probably be on a 15...Tm
    robertaccio and Motosportz like this.
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    well pleeze lettus no if u getta Fantic i 4 1 think there kool as hell:thumbsup:
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I use to be like the only Husky at the races Now at this weekends National there were a lot of New Huskys there. Now I and one of the only Old Husky there

Time for a new ride
    Norman Foley likes this.
  15. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    no ajax dont do it:naughty:
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    KTM is a marketing genius. The Italian huskies sold like 10K a year in good years. 16K units sounds like a good start for them. Sounds like they are about on target and about what I would expect.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I get the feeling with the new regime (not to throw the old regime under bus Pete is a friend) and the brand focus and resources that the Dutchman is bringing to the table and throwing out there, these type of availability issues should not be a problem as long as the factory can keep up with demand, heck they make most of their stuff unlike all the supplier fed companies like my new Husky. Expect more from the TM Racing brand if the casa complies with the demands of customers.

PS Fletch's TM is super high end!! super clean/sano race bike.
    Motosportz likes this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Actually it seems he has addressed this several times...
    fletchman45 and shawbagga like this.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Getting a little humorous here SP ... Husqvarna is gonna rock the baja\ktm world ... Maybe take over half of it ... Husqvarna (with SP on the inside pushing) was got the history to maybe pull this off.

First, I don't know anything about the workings of the stock-market the KTM AG company is in, but if it's like the American markets, they must show growth, each QTR, or stock prices are gonna go down. Last time I checked, KTM was priced pretty high ... They gotta keep pushing sales number upwards through any means because they are publicly traded. Investors care about profits. Period. Investors don't all ride bikes. They count money. Period.

Next, any company that has 2 competing products such as ktm and Husky, are gonna be aware of nutrition between the products. No company wants this but in SP case, he priced the Huskies higher than the Ktm bikes ... This way when a previous ktm customer buys a Husky instead of a ktm, he loses a customer really on the Ktm side but when he picks up the sale on the Husky side, he also makes an extra $100 because the Husky is priced higher. He has to do this or ktm sales might go way too far south as customers purchase a Husky that is really a ktm, at a lower price.

--

Clueless on the current 100K ktm owners but it appears few people are loyal to any brand bike... As an example, very few of us here are Husqvarna riders. Must you guys ride different brands and the Husqvarna brand bike is just another apple to you ... Apply that thinking to the current 100K Ktm owners and SP can have 5K, 10K ktm owners move over to Husky at any given yr in the future ... He'll still be making sales, (as explained above with the $100 kicker) just not ktm bike sales ... SP has a tiger by the tail here and its a Husky ...

We'll need more specific numbers on the bike sales to verify how the 100K current ktm owners are reacting to the Husqvarna brand bikes. This is gonna get more interesting each yr ... We don't even have sales cranking yet to the BILS of Indians? ... SP is a juggernaut and sly dog but not sure how he is gonna come out smelling in the next 5 yrs or so ...

--

I'm guessing this is the companys' numbers today ... Little confusing on the names here ...
    KTM AG
    KTM:AV

133.000 EUR 1.750 1.30%
    Share As of 11:45:00 ET on 01/30/2015.
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    For this Husqvarna rider, these sales numbers are very interesting and very important to the brand...

Please try to stay on topic or just go start another thread or PM your friends.
    Norman Foley likes this.